• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

sublimit

Banned
Even people like me, who could care less about a review, would like to see better Metascores for a game they have enjoyed. For the simple reason of, when you talk to someone about the game being great they can't just go, " but it has a 71 metacritic score so it sucks and everyone else thinks it sucks hur hur! "

Hate that. But its just an annoyance.

Just ignore those people they don't deserve to play games like Bloodborne. Tell them to go play Ass Creed or something.

Velikost

Can't make a a thread so I figured I'd ask in here. I was reading a little about the co-op system in Bloodborne, and apparently it's similar to Dark Souls, where you ring a bell to summon a guest, and you can passcode lock your session so only friends can join.

I've only played a little bit of Demon's Souls, and I wasn't too big of a fan, but the prospect of co-op has me considering this game. How often can you ring this bell and have a guest join? Is it limited in any way? I'm considering picking this up with a friend, but if the co-op system is a hassle to use, I might just wait until it goes on sale.

sublimit

Banned
Can't make a a thread so I figured I'd ask in here. I was reading a little about the co-op system in Bloodborne, and apparently it's similar to Dark Souls, where you ring a bell to summon a guest, and you can passcode lock your session so only friends can join.

I've only played a little bit of Demon's Souls, and I wasn't too big of a fan, but the prospect of co-op has me considering this game. How often can you ring this bell and have a guest join? Is it limited in any way? I'm considering picking this up with a friend, but if the co-op system is a hassle to use, I might just wait until it goes on sale.

Well in Souls games you can put your summon sign down for co-op as many times as you like so i assume it will be the same for Bloodborne.

Grady

I hope so. Artorias of the Abyss is up there as one of my favorite DLC's. I'd buy any DLC that had the quality of something like Artorias in a heartbeat.

The craziest part of that dlc is the fact they made it so you can only enter it way late in the game. I had already beat the game and had to play through it all a second time just to play the dlc. Not a bad thing, just not typical.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
in aggregate, the Dark Souls 2 DLC had the best level design in the game by far

Yamagiwa was asked about DLC last year and he said that they were considering it, but they didn't have anything to announce at the time. The fact that there's no season pass for Bloodborne suggests that it'll probably just receive one piece of DLC like AotA.

Auctopus

The craziest part of that dlc is the fact they made it so you can only enter it way late in the game. I had already beat the game and had to play through it all a second time just to play the dlc. Not a bad thing, just not typical.

Manus and Artorias had to pose a threat for lore purposes. I was surprised at how complicated it was to access the DLC without a guide, haha.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sunken king sure, but ivory king and old iron? mainly just a straightline.

I mean, most of Demon's Souls was a straight line. I guess I meant in terms of memorable areas, enemy placements, obstacles and so on. Much of my problem with the rest of DS2 is some collection of complaints that can be boiled down into the lazy "it wasn't memorable", whereas I wouldn't say the same of the DS2 DLC.

Ellite25

That's what made me never actually play it. Is that the same for Dark Souls 2?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That's what made me never actually play it. Is that the same for Dark Souls 2?

In the first Dark Souls, you had to complete about ... 50 fifty percent of the game before the DLC became accessible, I would say. In Dark Souls II, you'll end up going through at least the same amount of the game by the time you've "unlocked" all three DLC locations.

Darknight

I forgot about that stone. Did we ever get a explaination? Was it supposed to be a broken stone forever?

The way I see it is From didnt have lots of hope for the title and didnt plan to have any future support. The fact Sony didnt publish it for the west told them everything.

I wish it could be remastered in the future but I doubt its gonna happen.

Beowulf28

So as someone who didn't enjoy Demon Souls back when it first released (thought it wasn't responsive/janky) is this game going to be any different? Is there a chance I could enjoy this? My PS4 is collecting dust and I need an exclusive to validate it still being plugged in.

So as someone who didn't enjoy Demon Souls back when it first released (thought it wasn't responsive/janky) is this game going to be any different? Is there a chance I could enjoy this? My PS4 is collecting dust and I need an exclusive to validate it still being plugged in.

what did you not enjoy about DeS?

The games are responsive. You probably just went in with the mindset that Demons was a character action hack&slash type game. You gotta be deliberate with all your actions, same way with Bloodborne.

I say give BB a try, never know you may really enjoy it.

If you go in with the same mindset (not responsive/janky), then no, you probably won't enjoy it.

The Souls games are like Monster Hunter in that regard. They have animations that you need to take into account. They are perfectly responsive but they aren't action games. You can't be throwing out random buttons for no reason.

Mifune

Mehmber

Nah. Sell your PS4. It's all over.

You guys don't need to worry about reviews

For once

tumblr_n47d7f7uFv1rt5pgzo1_400.gif

Top Bottom