• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

Respawn

Banned
Uh guys if you're really that intersted in yoshichan then send a pm to him. This is a bloodborne topic. There's a reason why they also have off topic forums.

Thanks

I hope that one reddit quote is true from start to the end. Because the souls games on console had major frame rate issues.
Lol. And who the f are you?

6 weapons over 40 hours.. EDGE reviewer confirmed casul?

This week will be a draaaaaag.. It's taking every bit of effort to stay away from the spoilers.. Damn the hype..

Well, there's Type 0, XV demo and Hardline next week which should help to pass the time if you're planning on playing them.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Dark Souls 2, which was considered inferior to Demon's/Dark Souls 1 by a lot of people, still managed to average a 91

JOFS4MU.png
I think it's like when an older actor with amazing talent finally gets an Oscar for one of the lesser films of her career because the powers that be at last decided it was okay to acknowledge her greatness.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It's not a spoiler when it's a listing of clearly incomplete information from areas we've already seen. Hence me wondering what more there is beyond them.

Dude, you fucking posted the known amount of bosses in here after YOU asked for more info regarding the bosses. wtf, of course that's a spoiler.

Neiteio

dude you fucking posted the amount of bosses sin here after YOU asked for more info regarding the bosses. wtf
I asked what's the most comprehensive listing so far. I see the only ones known are the ones we all already know about. I said I'm hoping there's more than what's been shown. A lot more. (I'm sure there's more, it's just a question of how much)

You might want to... like, relax.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I asked what's the most comprehensive listing so far. I see the only ones known are the ones we all already know about. I said I'm hoping there's more than what's been shown. A lot more. (I'm sure there's more, it's just a question of how much)

You might want to... like, relax.

You might want to.. like, use the spoiler thread for things like "Yo how many bosses are there" and then posting whatever you found in the wikis in here.

Whatever, I'm out of this thread now.

CHC

So far is there any word on which name displays in multiplayer? Is it still like the Souls games on consoles where you just see the PSN ID, or is like on Steam where your character's name is displayed?

I'd love if it were the latter, especially for RP build purposes, but it's not a big issue really.

Rurunaki

Grimløck;155946460 said:
i'm assuming most people have the future press guide preordered, but if you haven't it's still 30% off from amazon.

A Guide? Don't be a Casul. Best thing about Souls game is the achievement of figuring how to get past an area or a boss.

Jigolo

For those that rely on reviews to purchase, I don't think people need to worry about scores, FROM has been extremely consistent and their games have resonated with the mass gaming media.

Dark Souls 2, which was considered inferior to Demon's/Dark Souls 1 by a lot of people, still managed to average a 91

JOFS4MU.png

Gaffers still look at metascores?

Rurunaki

But it is a guide. I'm thinking of it as a physical wiki. I've put countless hours into Demon's/Dark Souls and I still reference the wiki now and again.

I'm not saying it will be bad. I would prefer a book with intricate details and lore from the makers themselves.

Despera

Banned
You might want to.. like, use the spoiler thread for things like "Yo how many bosses are there" and then posting whatever you found in the wikis in here.

Whatever, I'm out of this thread now.
How is the number of known bosses a spoiler when it's in no way, shape or form indicative of the final boss count?

:/

Never really bought into the playthrough estimate for Souls games, I am typically way below what people say.

According to HowLongtoBeat.com DS2 is 48 hours for main campaign and 117 completionist.

I had ng beat at like 23 hours and the Platinun at 42.

Regardless, it is still a meaty game with tons of replayability ao I expect to put in over a hundred hours regardless of a single playthrough time.

SgtCobra

Heard they were selling this game near my hometown(I very much doubt it but the guy was pretty sure), I'll try to pick it up on monday and give my detailed impressions in the spoiler thread.

I need this game in my life iwhsiaoshdgakapa!!!!11

Auctopus

Gaffers still look at metascores?

They use them when they explain how a game they like is good and disregard them when it says they're bad.

Nonetheless, I agree with the oscar/old actor comment. Dark Souls 2 (despite being a great RPG) rode the coattails of Dark Souls due to the industry being late on the come up for DeS and DS.

I'm sure there will be one but will it be as good? I don't know.AOTA set pretty high standards.

AotA is grest because of the boss battles. The world design was good, but not Great. Boss design was god tier with some of the best fights in all of Video Games imo.

I am certain they are doing DLC. It has been a very successful venture for them and they do dlc right. No microtansaction bullshit. Just full feature expansions like they should be.

Rurunaki

They use them when they explain how a game they like is good and disregard them when it says they're bad.

Nonetheless, I agree with the oscar/old actor comment. Dark Souls 2 (despite being a great RPG) rode the coattails of Dark Souls due to the industry being late on the come up for DeS and DS.

What about DiCaprio? ETA on his Oscars?

Metascore is the bane of the gaming world. Most publishers put heavy emphasis on metascore regarding how good or bad their games turned out. I hate it.

Yes.All three of them.

But seriously in a recent thread about Metascores 90% of GAFers didn't give a shit about them.

Even people like me, who could care less about a review, would like to see better Metascores for a game they have enjoyed. For the simple reason of, when you talk to someone about the game being great they can't just go, " but it has a 71 metacritic score so it sucks and everyone else thinks it sucks hur hur! "

Hate that. But its just an annoyance.

Despera

Banned
AotA is grest because of the boss battles. The world design was good, but not Great. Boss design was god tier with some of the best fights in all of Video Games imo.

I am certain they are doing DLC. It has been a very successful venture for them and they do dlc right. No microtansaction bullshit. Just full feature expansions like they should be.
And that's why AoTA was my first ever DLC purchase.

addyb

Bloodborne could get a meta score of 30 and I'd still be there day one. I knows what I likes and oh my there will be no other game in existence once I get my hands on this.

For me I've had a bit of a disappointing time gaming this gen. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed a few games but I quite often feel like I'm going through the motions. Guess I've been passing the time as it were until Bloodborne hits. Can't believe it's this close :)

Top Bottom