• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But doesn't the embargo date come with the review copy? We know that IGN already knows the date, which would suggest they have their copy. Given how positive the previews are that were just released, there's also no reason for them to be concerned about it reviewing like The Order as it never really received anything other than lukewarm at best previews.

I've no idea, but assuming for the moment that is traditionally the case, in this day and age it wouldn't be surprising if review outlets are made aware of an embargo date ahead of time.

AngryMoth

- Yamigiwa says that since completing the game the team has now able to play it. He says that they kinda feel like kids going back and forth asking one another if they went to this area and how did they beat this boss.

- The world for the most part is seamless. The one exception is the Hunters Refuge where you select specifically where you want to go.

- He says that there's no actual day/night cycle, but you may go to one map and it'll be in the evening and then if you go again it could be nighttime. The enemies in those locations and their placements will change depending on the time of day. But it won't change in real time.

- They've shown a lot of the cathedral area, but Yarnham is a vast place with many different areas. He says that there's a huge variety in the locations.

- As far as forming the Chalice Dungeons go, there are various types of Chalice's in the game. The one type they've shown off is the Tumell (?) Chalice, but he says that you may find a Tumell Chalice 2 or 3. There are also other Chalice's in the game. They all dictate different things. A different part of the dungeon, different enemy sets, different difficulties etc.

- You don't have any direct control over the creation of the dungeon itself. But depending on the chalice that you use along with the ingredients that you use to create it, you can get it to lean in a certain direction.

- They ask him if the New Game+ is back. He says that it is and you can go through it a second, third, fourth etc. time around. They ask if the difficulty increases and he laughs and says "Of course".

- They ask if the team feels the pressure from how highly anticipated it is. He says yes, but if they think about it too much they won't be able to get anywhere. His goal as a producer was just to allow From to make the type of game that they always make. It's not one targeted toward western or Japanese gamers, but to gamers in general. Since that comes through in the final product, they aren't worried.
Time of day varying in areas is really exciting to me. Explains the difference between the alpha and the newer footage.

Regarding new game plus difficulty I really hope they've borrowed a few elements from dark 2 like adding extra enemies and phantoms. A bonfire ascetic equivalent would be really nice too so you can re fight bosses without having to beat the game again.

chrono01

Bloodborne is the most excited I've been for a game release in a long while. I can't wait.

One question, though. What are the chances that Sony/From Software will release a Bloodborne app for the Pulse headset? For something as atmospheric as Bloodborne, I'd love to put those Pulse Elite on and absolutely immerse myself in the world. It'd be incredible.

I'm glad they have kept everything preview wise to the same area we have always seen. Seems like this preview was the same as the IGN first stuff leading up to the Cleric Beast. Which was the same as Alpha.

Love that. Means the vast majority of the game will be a complete surprise. Thank god. Because I've been incapable of not clicking on a preview story or screenshot of this game. Just too good.

And thankfully I have been able to restrain myself from going into the spoilers thread lol.

Spineker

Banned
Bloodborne is the most excited I've been for a game release in a long while. I can't wait.

One question, though. What are the chances that Sony/From Software will release a Bloodborne app for the Pulse headset? For something as atmospheric as Bloodborne, I'd love to put those Pulse Elite on and absolutely immerse myself in the world. It'd be incredible.

Very likely.

Cyborg

- You don't have any direct control over the creation of the dungeon itself. But depending on the chalice that you use along with the ingredients that you use to create it, you can get it to lean in a certain direction

Sounds amazing....so many combinations possible.

Mr.Fresh

I have been seeing this game everywhere and I think I'm falling victim to the hype. i rented dark souls but due to school and other things that was going on at the time I couldn't finish it even though I loved what I played. Think I'm gonna preorder today and just watch every video released about this game. Sony has 2 commercials featuring this game and I seen them both all day yesterday. I can't resist.

Spineker

Banned
I won't post it here, but Dualshockers made a great point about the Chalice Dungeon. At the demo event, he saw people gathering around monitors competing to see how far through the dungeon they could get in a party game style situation.

It sounded awesome.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems like they're trying to mix the community's favorite aspects of each game into Bloodborne. So you have your separate HUB, the level up waifu, but there aren't individual levels, the dungeons are all part of an interconnected world as it is in Dark Souls.

In my opinion, that makes it more like Dark Souls than Demon's Souls, if I have to choose between those two options.

There are people who prefer the separate hub in DeS over the seamless world in DkS? Seems crazy to me. The Nexus was cool and all, I liked it, but I by far preferred the interconnected world in DkS, with its sweet shortcuts leading back "home" from various places. So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with that aspect of BB. At least we don't get separate levels this time, that would have been REALLY disappointing. As good as DeS is, its disconnected world as a whole (while the levels are cool in their own right) just pales next to the world of DkS IMO.

2AdEPT

My pre-Bloodborne spoiler killin blind run of SOTC is going good but had some probs withthe third Colossus though....

As much as this is holding me over, I still think I am going to pay the extra 70 smacks to get the game early ahead of the CE....seems inevitable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trying to stay positive with the shit that's been happening to me lately and came across this on imgur. Thought it fit the hype-train: http://imgur.com/gallery/0gO8n

In the beginning.

aKmXDrC.jpg

In the beginning of all time, the world was vast and gray and barren. Only the massive, stone-like arch-trees grew here, ascending high into the fog that shrouded the world. The rulers of this time were the dragons everlasting, whose stone scales granted them immortality. The dragons also held the primordial crystal, a powerful artifact, but we'll visit that another time. Little is known about this period, only the most ancient of all things were around, and so it was called The Age of the Ancients.

But then there was Fire.

It is a mystery from where Fire came. We only know that it suddenly came to be deep in the hollows of the world, raging brightly and hotly, bringing disparity into the cold and dark world. It is in this First flame, that the four souls of Lords are found. These souls are massively powerful. granting those that hold them god-like power, and thereby dominion in this new world. One soul was found by Nito, the First of the Dead. Another was found by the Witch of Izalith(pictured above,) a powerful sorceress. The third was Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight. And the last came to the being known only as the Furtive Pygmy, his soul weak and flickering unique to the rest. I might cover more on these Lords individually in future posts, but for now, suffice to say each was powerful and determined to carve their place in this new time. And carve they did.
The Age of Fire

With the Lords leading the charge, a war was brought upon the dragons with the intention to usurp their hold over the land, sea, and air. Gwyn used his power to harness the power of lightning, he and his loyal knights hurled massive bolts of lightning, peeling away the stone scales of the dragons, rendering them mortal. The Witch of Izalith, and her daughters of Chaos, used the Catalysts of Izalith, powerful artifacts and wove massive firestorms, burning the arch-trees, the homes of the dragons. Nito unleashed death and disease upon the dragons, and their bodies crumbled away in the miasma. I should mention at this point, Seathe the Scaleless, an albino dragon born without the stone scales that granted immortality, betrayed his own kind and aided Gwyn in the war. While not immortal, Seathe was still very powerful and very wise, and he coveted the primordial crystal. This "War of Fire" ended when finally the last dragon fell, and the Lords were triumphant. Taking their places as gods in the new world, they ushered in the Age of Fire, an age of prosperity, growth, and succor. The Lords' domain came to be known as Lordran, the land of the Lords, and many human lands began to spring up and flourish around it. For many centuries, or perhaps even millennium, these civilizations grew, and the people loved and feared the Lords, who lived as gods in the city of Anor Londo. All things, however, come to an end.

The Coming Dark

For reasons unknown to the Lords, their Souls began to dwindle in power, and the First Flame began to weaken. With the threat of Fire leaving the world, the Lords and the people begin to panic, terrified of returning to the Dark. The Witch of Izalith attempts to recreate the First Flame using powerful Sorcery, but fails and instead releases Fires of Chaos. These flames could not be controlled, and the Witch, her followers, and most of her children are consumed in this flame. The flames twisted the Witch and corrupted her completely, becoming the Bed of Chaos, the mother to all demons. Gwyn (pictured above) attempts to aid Izalith in this cataclysm, but it soon becomes apparent that Izalith is lost, and his knights return with armor charred black, an ill omen for what is to come. Finally conceding to what he sees as a final solution, Gwyn divides his power among his children, and leaves Anor Londo to link his soul to the First Flame, aptly located in the Kiln of the First Flame, hoping to feed it, allowing the Light to last a little longer. Much of his army followed him here, and when the flame rekindled, they were burned to ashes, leaving behind only suits of armour that now wander the world. For defying the coming Dark, Gwyn somehow proliferates the Undead Curse. It is not exactly clear how this curse came to be, but its effects are catastrophic.

The Chosen Undead

More in the link... such good lore. http://imgur.com/gallery/0gO8n

slash3584

Trying to stay positive with the shit that's been happening to me lately and came across this on imgur. Thought it fit the hype-train: http://imgur.com/gallery/0gO8n

In the beginning.

But then there was Fire.

The Age of Fire

The Coming Dark

The Chosen Undead

Holy shit this brought some memories.

I remember watching the ENB's Dark Souls lore videos and being so fucking impressed on all that lore and connections that didn't even occur to me.

atomico

Just preordered the game and got prompted to download it to my PS4.

Is the game available for pre-load already or is this just gonna sit there "Esperando" (that's "Waiting" :p ) till the weekend?

JhB4OUL.png

HORRORSHØW

Just preordered the game and got prompted to download it to my PS4.

Is the game available for pre-load already or is this just gonna sit there "Esperando" (that's "Waiting" :p ) till the weekend?

http://i.imgur.com/JhB4OUL.png[/img[/QUOTE]

you won't be able to preload presumably until sunday.

atomico

Grimløck;156194944 said:
you won't be able to preload presumably until sunday.

Thought so. Haven't pre purchased anything on PS4 in ages. The "Download to your PS4" not being greyed out confused me.

Thanks, btw .

Trying to stay positive with the shit that's been happening to me lately and came across this on imgur. Thought it fit the hype-train:

In the beginning.

But then there was Fire.

The Age of Fire

The Coming Dark

The Chosen Undead

Thanks for posting this! Brings back some great memories and the lore in this game is truly extraordinary.

I don't really know you (only that people like you on GAF), but you'll get through whatever you're facing! I've enjoyed your posts these past few weeks. Stay strong!

Schryver

Yep I want that map but only really want the largest size. But then I would have to frame it and that would just be ridiculous. Maybe at a later date

ddikxela

I just gotta invite to a private Bloodborne screening tomorrow night. Free pizza, drinks and jam some bloodborne for 3 hours or so. Someone wins a Hidetaka signed poster and copy of the game at this event too. Looks like it's limited to 20 peeps so that's good odds to get the prize.

Im hyped I finally get to have a feed and not feel bad about greasing up someone else's controller lol..... oh and bloodborne.

I just gotta invite to a private Bloodborne screening tomorrow night. Free pizza, drinks and jam some bloodborne for 3 hours or so. Someone wins a Hidetaka signed poster and copy of the game at this event too. Looks like it's limited to 20 peeps so that's good odds to get the prize.

Im hyped I finally get to have a feed and not feel bad about greasing up someone else's controller lol..... oh and bloodborne.

Damn you're lucky. Have fun!

Animator

I am getting serious cold feet since I ordered this on psn. I hope sony servers won't shit the bed and I can start playing Monday night when it unlocks. :(

Ellite25

Is this going to unlock at 9 pm EST Monday? I'm thinking about going digital, but probably only if I can start playing at nine. Midnight is too late.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Trying to stay positive with the shit that's been happening to me lately and came across this on imgur. Thought it fit the hype-train:
For a time, I lived and breathed Dark Souls. DSII was too disappointing, and I couldn't bring myself to beat it. Does it have similarly deep lore? My 20ish hours with the game pointed to no.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Great post, Yoshi! Stay strong!

Man, can't wait for the community to start unraveling the lore behind Yharnam.
It's such a great preface - 18th century style, gothic horror, werewolves - such a neat little package of easily understandable things to get our teeth into...

But what's lying under it all? What is the "plague of beasts"? What does it mean "to be a beast"?... I can tell there's going to be some crazy stuff beneath the surface that's going to blow some peoples' minds.

I'm so pumped.

I just wish the FB page would stop posting spoilerific shots of new weapons and stuff.

BriGuy

For a time, I lived and breathed Dark Souls. DSII was too disappointing, and I couldn't bring myself to beat it. Does it have similarly deep lore? My 20ish hours with the game pointed to no.

DS2's lore is essentially fanfiction based heavily on DS1. It's not as bad as what you would find in say, a modern Sonic title, but trying to so closely ape a better crafted game does it no favors. They would have been much better off striking out in their own direction. A slight nod here and there to the previous games would be fine, but too much of DS2 felt like "hey, remember this cool thing? Eh? Eh? Yeah, we're awesome."

o_O

Is this at all spoiler-y, Gaf?

My hype furnace - whilst still burning furiously - could do with some more coal, but I've been SO good up until now.

2AdEPT

This is really great. I've always wanted to see what a model of the entire world would look like.

Well ...um.... er,,,,your wish is my command! There is the real collision data of the game which kind of gives you the definitiive model. I think our own GAF member Orayn's vid on it is worthy of another watch (and he cites the original link for how he did hishis "flyby" in his video.)

THis was the first video I discovered on collision data and it gives a more eye in the sky perspective. with the areas colour coded to better differentiate. There are also links to the program used in the description.

LesPaul

I have the CE preordered...I also have not watched any trailers or images because I want to go into this game as blind as I can. I can't wait any more.

Top Bottom