• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Producer: Targeting 30fps for "Game Design" purposes

oh boy here we go

cIBUg7Y.gif

Come on From, 60 fps would make the combat silky smooth.

This type of direction makes players wait for the PC versions. It's bad for business.

The PS4 is certainly suffering all the more for it, that's for sure.

Gator86

Man I wish for once someone would just says "We went with 30fps because we couldn't reach 60fps and still achieve what we wanted to visually."

That would be SO refreshing to hear.

100% agree. I'm fine with 30 here anyway. There was never any chance From could get to 60. They make good games but are pretty shitty from a tech perspective. Still have nightmares from the Blightown slideshow.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
You aren't agreeing with him. He said 30fps was best. Not that it's okay or tolerable or it depends on the game or it looks less weird than the hobbit. Just that it's the best. Which is clearly just placebic babble that sounds like a reason for the 30fps choice but isn't a reason, only a post-hoc justification.

Its factually wrong though.

60fps is better, period.

Well yeah 30 is not "better" than 60 or "best" for anything. Which is why I only half agreed.

I'm just saying I personally don't have an issue with 30. Or maybe I should say its not a deal breaker for me.

Quite frankly, GAF complains too much about 60 fps.

When it's locked at 30 fps, it's fine. I never played any of the three Souls games, but I assume they were locked 30 fps and GAF likes those games, so what's the big deal??

A large par of it are the terrible excuses from developers claiming 30 FPS to be "best" for a certain type of game, or "more cinematic" - rather than just admitting that they can't hit the level of visuals they're targeting at 60 FPS.

Renzoku

Banned
Again with this idiotic bullshit.

30 FPS is not better in any application in videogames. It may not make AS MUCH of a difference in certain, extremely static games like Hearthstone or something, but come, the fuck, on. Jesus.

If you are incapable of getting 60 FPS on the hardware you're dealing with, that's fine. Say that, and I'll accept that. I'll be ok with 30 FPS locked if you couldn't manage 60 with what you had to work with, but don't lie through your god damn teeth with stupid comments like this just to hide the fact that you couldn't achieve it.

Wagram

If Bloodborne maintains 25 fps I would be amazed. Dark Souls 2 on PS3 was a disgrace, and I really enjoyed the game.

I will buy the game made by a developer who just says "we couldn't hit 60" instead of whatever dickheaded nonsense they pull out of their ass, no questions asked.

Chobel

obs.gif

Oh please, From. You're not fooling anyone, just say you couldn't make it 60fps, there's nothing wrong with that. No need to bullshit us.

prwxv3

It will be entertaining to see linear AAA game devs 30 fps excuses if ND are able to pull off U4 at 60 fps and 1080p.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
and now my PS4 has no use to me..

I was honestly expecting 30, and this is the only game I would have made the exception for.

but if you want to pretend like we're idiots and feed your Ubi PR to us, no thanks. thanks for saving me $60 though

You're going to deny yourself Bloodborne strictly because some dumbass said a dumb thing that was translated and who knows what he even means exactly?

Silky

Banned
Jesus christ...I'm just amazed he actually said this. What the fuck, FROM?

30fps is atrocious for any action game. Souls can't even manage 30 and we ALL KNOW how much that game shits the bed with maintaining stability.

I knew Bloodborne was gonna be 30 regardless, but to say some shit like this? Atrocious.

Cornbread78

I'll take this bong rip first.....

30 or 60 doesn't matter much if it's a fun game and looks great. I'm not entitled to have 60, nor is it any kind of benchmark or standard that has to be met by devs..

A game can be good at either, let's just hope they can achieve making a great game that's fun to play.

...exhale...

Top Bottom