• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne (PS4) Playstation Blog Update - New Details, New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKizzLE

Life or death struggle makes it seem like it will be less like a devil may cry/demon souls hybrid and more like ninja gaiden black/souls hybrid.

Cannot. Wait.

Ummmm....?

Your comment seemed to imply there was no mention of it being a Souls type game in the article. Are you saying it's surprising that he didn't mention both Demon's Souls and Dark Soul's in the article? Why? It's a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls...

That last pic with those enemies surrounding the bonfire is my favorite. I really dig that wooden shield that looks like it was thrown together from the wall of a collapsed building.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MARK MY WORDS

MARK MY WORDS

THIS WILL BECOME THE GAME OF THE GENERATION

FluxWaveZ

Your comment seemed to imply there was no mention of it being a Souls type game in the article. Are you saying it's surprising that he didn't mention both Demon's Souls and Dark Soul's in the article? Why? It's a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls...

That's NOT what I said. What I said was actually pretty simple. Stop reading into it so damn much.

No gameplay footage yet because they are busy downgrading before the reveal this time.

Kidding, I'm sure the game will look fantastic.

Orayn

The "more active but still deadly" combat makes it sound like security blanket shields are gone... Guess we're gonna have to GIT GUD or die trying. I'll probably be doing a lot of the latter.

Bloodrage

Banned
Atmosphere...setting...character design...brutal difficulty...

W6Nukkz.gif

keeping the deep strategic elements from Demon’s Souls, while also transitioning from the passive and block-and-attack style of Demon’s Souls to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns.

Awesome. I always tried to play light and quick in the souls games but usually chickened out and ended up behind a shield and armor. I'm glad this game will force me out of my habits.

And those screens! Wow.

In my opinion, this is the first true "system seller" other than Super Smash Bros for me. I honestly don't care for any of the Xbox One exclusives other than Sunset Overdrive but this is coming from a guy who has never cared much for Halo.

Bor

Neo Member
for me, this game is the definition of system seller. I hope the release date stays early 2015!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am ROCK fucking HARD right now

Sotha_Sil

I'm not really a fan of the art direction for this game, but I'm very pleased to see FromSoft taking the formula in a different direction, even if it's one that won't be quite as enjoyable for me. I'm still getting the game, obviously.

Zeliard said:
My preferred play-style in the Souls games was and is aggressive, no-shield play, so this is pretty much music to my ears.

Agreed, I regularly two-hand or do power stance when I pvp. This will be glorious.

Glad they're making demons souls references. From can be trusted with new ideas/IPs.

FACE

Banned
In Bloodborne, the combat is based on intense life-threatening battles. One of the ways we are bringing that sense of danger to life is by keeping the deep strategic elements from Demon’s Souls, while also transitioning from the passive and block-and-attack style of Demon’s Souls to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns.

ibscbXnm6mCqKX.jpg

how about showing us gameplay instead of hiding it behind closed doors

If you're dying that often in any of the Souls games you are doing something wrong

Not a Souls fan, I see.

A bit of exaggeration on my part, as I'm not (that much) of a failure. I do like the Souls games, but I can't really sustain being pissed off and not feeling like I'm doing anything substantial for that long without walking away. I ultimately decided I liked watching other people play those more but I really loved this trailer/concept and hope Bloodborne is at least a little more "pick up and play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom