• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

Ridley327

Man I hope the whole game isnt like that, barely any enemies to fight for the sake of being open world. No fun, no fun

What would be even worse is if they didn't adjust the XP totals to compensate for the lower enemy count. That would make the game an even bigger grind.

Xander51

Even though this doesn't look great, I'm weirdly compelled to get it. I might go pick up the system bundle later.

5.8 gigs? Good lord. I wonder how much of that will be on the physical release. Are any of the expansions download only? I guess we'll find out soon enough

The 8 gig card the new vita comes with doesn't even come close to holding Borderlands and all the PS+ games does it. I wish the price would drop on those cards :(

Ridley327

5.8 gigs? Good lord. I wonder how much of that will be on the physical release. Are any of the expansions download only? I guess we'll find out soon enough

The 8 gig card the new vita comes with doesn't even come close to holding Borderlands and all the PS+ games does it. I wish the price would drop on those cards :(

I'm fairly certain that the DLC is a token card that's included with the physical copy. Sony still won't up the game card size from 4 gigs, so it's the only way they can do stuff like that.

OmegaZero

What would be even worse is if they didn't adjust the XP totals to compensate for the lower enemy count. That would make the game an even bigger grind.

According to the earlier post-GDC IGN coverage, the XP is unchanged despite the lower enemy count.

EDIT: Sweet, it's out for delivery. Might have some impressions by tonight.

Man, I was hoping to wake up to a bunch of impressions/reviews but there's barely anything new since last night.

I really hope the enemy count thing isn't true....Dave Lang plz.

My download has about an hour left (dorm wi-fi), but I'll post some impressions here shortly. Thought it was interesting that all the DLC are separate downloads, and the base game is about 3.2gb.

Redhood

My download has about an hour left (dorm wi-fi), but I'll post some impressions here shortly. Thought it was interesting that all the DLC are separate downloads, and the base game is about 3.2gb.

well they had to fit it on the vita cartridge so its not surprising.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Nice to know the actual size of the base game. I can just delete Uncharted when I finish it later today and download BL2 if I can get my hands on a good priced BL2 voucher.

OmegaZero

Man, I was hoping to wake up to a bunch of impressions/reviews but there's barely anything new since last night.

I really hope the enemy count thing isn't true....Dave Lang plz.

I hope so too, but all evidence is pointing towards "true".
Less enemies means less to render and less AI to deal with.
Plus all footage of the game that I've seen has shown a maximum of four enemies on the radar.

Plus all footage of the game that I've seen has shown a maximum of four enemies on the radar.

One reddit comment [the one who initializes the discussion on lower enemy counts] claimed that 6 enemies on screen at once was the max he saw

BigDug13

You get more exp from finishing quests anyway and not from the killing itself. And doing lots of sidequests easily makes you higher level than the content already in BL2, so then each kill is only giving you a tiny bit of exp when you are overleveled while you still get large chunks from quest completion. Less enemies will mean quicker quest completion which may make you end up leveling faster than normal when you quest smartly and tackle zones with 3-5 sidequests at the ready and knock them all out.

And badasses and bosses give much higher exp and I would hope that enemy type is still out there in large enough numbers.

I'm still in on this assuming we don't hear about any catastrophic gameplay issues.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If the framerate is solid, I'll deal with less enemies. I don't mind lower enemy counts since I'm going to be managing the Vita controls vs controller or mouse aiming.

ZeroAKA

8 separate downloads for BL2.
wnXEq6Z.jpg

BigDug13

8 separate downloads for BL2.

It makes sense since the content was already chopped up like that when they were DLC releases.

I wonder if that also means you can apply whichever DLC you want. ie, if you want level 50 to be max and like TVHM better than UVHM, just don't download and apply the Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC.

OmegaZero

One reddit comment [the one who initializes the discussion on lower enemy counts] claimed that 6 enemies on screen at once was the max he saw

That's right, I missed that bit. Plus, IGN did say they were given an example where a fight with 12 enemies would have 10 on Vita.

Ah well, I'm not too worried about enemy counts myself. As long as it runs and plays well, I'll have some fun with it.

Oh, I have no doubt there will be less enemies.

I just hope not to the degree that people are claiming (4 enemies max)

OmegaZero

Oh, I have no doubt there will be less enemies.

I just hope not to the degree that people are claiming (4 enemies max)

I doubt that's the max, but you can probably expect it to be the average number you encounter at one time based on impressions and footage.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm downloading Borderlands 2 (and its DLC now). I got the bundle, and there was only four at the EB Games I picked it up. I'm not sure if those other three were preorders or not. Sounds like overall the bundles are few and far between? This is my first Vita, and so I spent some time figuring out where everything was and how the whole system worked. Have to say, I'm a fan. I played some Sound Shapes (and did the trophy sync!), now just waiting for Borderlands to finish. Since I don't know exact comparisons between the screens due to only playing the OLED at a kiosk a few times, the screen for the 2000 is nice and bright and looks great. The big takeaway is that I am really liking the Vita, and can't wait to play some more games on it. Also, had no clue the memory cards were so tiny. The shell casing it came in was easily ten times the size of it, lol. But yeah! Glad to be a Vita person! Going to try remote play tonight.

I did ask this in another thread, but can anyone enlighten me on the DLC size?

I have the physical copy on pre-order but my Vita memory card space is limited and I'm guessing I'll have to download them separately, just wondering how much room is going to get chewed up?

BigDug13

For people who want to keep their characters compatible with their PS+ version of BL2 with no DLC on PS3, make sure you do NOTdownload and install the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack DLC on Vita. UVHUP raises the level cap and allows your character to exceed level 50 which will then make that character unplayable on PS3 without that same DLC purchased.

Just a PSA for those wanting to be able to swap characters between both devices.

(or just spend the $4.99 on PS3 to get the ultimate vault hunter upgrade pack 1)

LuchaShaq

Banned
The fact that you can't assign nothing to the back touch is 100% why I'm not buying this. I looove my bits but back touch is awful awful awful.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
No thanks. I prefer a non-crippled experience. I'll stick to my PC version.

Ok good for you?

Anyways some of these ebay prices are outrageous. Some people are charging like $50-60 for the game and another is charging $500 for the bundle. Where are all the good $20-30 sales :(

According to the download list, it is as follows:

Borderlands 2: 3254MB
Captain Scarlett: 789MB
Krieg the Psycho: 100KB
Mr. Torgue's Campaign: 942MB
Ultimate Vault Hunter: 100KB
Collector's Edition Pack: 100KB
The Mechromancer: 100KB

That's 6 DLC items, I thought there was 8?

According to the download list, it is as follows:

Borderlands 2: 3254MB
Captain Scarlett: 789MB
Krieg the Psycho: 100KB
Mr. Torgue's Campaign: 942MB
Ultimate Vault Hunter: 100KB
Collector's Edition Pack: 100KB
The Mechromancer: 100KB

Thanks for that. :)

So that's around 2gb for the DLC, which is fairly high (for my limited resources anyway). I may have to pick up a cheap 4gb card just for this - especially if any of the other DLC are released.

BigDug13

That's 6 DLC items, I thought there was 8?

The OP shows 6. It's the 6 they've always announced.

They also marketed it weird to throw people off. They mention 6 classes, then count the 2 addon classes as part of the 6 DLC items after just telling us we had 6 classes to play. It's a bit disingenuous to present it that way.

They did mention that the rest of the DLC will be coming over to Vita, but no word on whether it will cost money (I'm betting yes).

Top Bottom