• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: Insider says Xbox One has sold 41 million units.

NahaNago

You have to remember that the Swich is basically two Nintendo markets condensed into one platform,the console and handheld. The DS was basically killed off to funnel those buyers to the Switch. There’s no way that the Xbox won’t be 3rd come next January.

Barely any Japanese company Nintendo included has been supporting it like it is the handheld successor to the ds it seems like. All of those smaller games we got from squareenix, namco, and capcom for the ds are barely being supported on the console.

No maybe to it... the most profitable intellectual property of all time (literally) will easily keep it going, even if you completely ignore everything else.

The thing is we got new pokemon games for the switch and I'm sure it sold well but Smash was what everyone was talking about last year. I seriously doubt that Gamefreak is going to do their best to wow folks with the newest version.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
MS is going to really really need people to buy into GamePass if they want their next-gen Xbox to sell well.

MS is going to really really need people to buy into GamePass if they want their next-gen Xbox to sell well.
Are you of the mind that having all games available on PC diminishes the value of owning the console? I know a lot of people feel that way, but I still adamantly disagree. The assumption is that everyone wants to play on a pc, but there is still a large portion (majority even) of the gaming community who prefer playing games on a console - me being one of them. I have a capable desktop pc and right now it's sitting in a box in the corner of my room. I have no interest in setting it up or messing with it. Everything I need to do on a pc is done at work or on a laptop. I'd be curious to know what the reasoning would be for people to mass adopt playing console games on a pc if they haven't already done so.

Reasons why the next xbox will be more appealing than the xbox one:
  • Kinect is gone and MS won't release another underpowered yet more expensive disaster to compete with the playstation.
  • MS is buying up studios like crazy and those studios will produce games.
  • Backward compatibility will continue to be a feature that gamers appreciate - i think the PS5 will finally adopt BC as well.
  • Halo: Infinite is going to be a legit launch title.
  • Phil Spencer

Why the hell is this breaking news with caps lol

It's a tactic used by down market media outlets to draw attention to headlines. Examples:

Snow to be CHAOS to roads in November. WARNINGS issues.
Interview with Hollywood actress reveals SHOCKING news about upcoming film.
Next generation console UPDATE. New technology could make them all EXPENSIVE.

Whenever I see stuff like that, I know the source article is going to be utter shit.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
What is it you think then? 45?
It's higher than 41 million. That number is absolutely ridiculous seeing as it was around that last year. If I had to guess I'd say its probably closer to 50 million by now or a bit beyond that - not by much though.

Either way it's hard to trust this number as it's not coming from the source, and Microsoft simply doesnt give out sales #'s. And this guy already has a history of giving out bad info.

theHFIC

BREAKING: Microsoft hires 20 more people with important sounding job titles from other studios to join THE INITIATIVE

Don’t state your guess as a fact unless you have something to back it up.

This is illogical. I'm not guessing and why would I give you info that could cause issues? That's like asking NPD guy to give you numbers as back up and risking a breaking policy.

Fun thread to bring back up in June.

Yeah he is, not sure why OP said he’s in UK unless he recently changed jobs. (He’s not Chinese btw).

Man you cotninue to have no idea what you're talking about:

So he's from the UK, unless he recently moved to China.

(He moved to china after he got his recent job, he was in UK before as I said and the tweet shows)

Last edited:
Bullshit.

You know shit if MS will release info at E3 or not and being real the chances to that happen are minimal.

Keep believing that. (may even happen earlier but unlikely) doesn't matter what you believe, it will all be interesting around E3. So still months to go. Nothing more to say.

Vawn

Banned
I
Either way it's hard to trust this number as it's not coming from the source, and Microsoft simply doesnt give out sales #'s. And this guy already has a history of giving out bad info.

Not true. Microsoft doesn't give out bad sales numbers. When they gave good sales numbers (it's been a while), they'll shout it from the rooftops.

Vawn

Banned
Keep believing that. (may even happen earlier but unlikely) doesn't matter what you believe, it will all be interesting around E3. So still months to go. Nothing more to say.

Nothing more? You've yet to say anything. As usual you state your opinions as fact with absolutely nothing to back them up other than "I know. It's a FACT".

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
People are getting upset at his estimate, but at the same time they think their numbers are the more accurate ones? lol

Elenchus

Banned
Gringo literally means foreigner. Not a slur in the slightest.

Yea that’s like saying the “N” word literally means ignorant person when we all understand it’s historical usage. The word “gringo” has and always will be a derisive term used to describe Americans (not foreigners in general). Indeed, that is precisely how it was used here. There is a strong anti-American contingent on this forum that typically operates unchecked. Probably about time that changed.

I’d expect Xbox to be closer to 35M, I think Zhuge is putting a lot of fat in these numbers personally.

US NPD alone is already around 25 not including the rest of NA and the UK, that would mean the UK + all other regions sold LESS than 10 million over 5 + years which is literally impossible. I mean Zhuge is frequently inaccurate but at least he isn't that low.

Not true. Microsoft doesn't give out bad sales numbers. When they gave good sales numbers (it's been a while), they'll shout it from the rooftops.

Gaven aside, MS has times were they WON NPD and gave ZERO numbers so the "they give numbers when they are good" doesn't really apply this gen unlike the last two. That 10 million shipped was only done at the last second because they were still close and those shipped numbers made it still look like a race even though they had to split Kinect, do a price drop, and fire sale the AC Unity bundles (which yes they won that nov and dec, but they got hit hard when the prices went back to normal. )

As usual you state your opinions as fact .

As a person that just did this in this very thread twice I wouldn't be talking.

You're of course wrong, and assuming you're even still here at E3, this will be a very interesting meltdown (and it may even happen before E3. Unlikely though)

You also don't know what an opinion is, if you think the way I'm making my statement sounds anything like an opinion, but it's pointless arguing over you constantly being wrong, as usual, derailed any threads lately?

But anyway, I'm just repeating the same things now, we'll just have to wait, as the news starts coming out or rumors this will be a fun thread to bring up as the confirmation comes near. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

demigod

This is illogical. I'm not guessing and why would I give you info that could cause issues? That's like asking NPD guy to give you numbers as back up and risking a breaking policy.

Fun thread to bring back up in June.

You are guessing. Get a mod to verify you, if not you’re full of shit.

Vawn

Banned
Man you cotninue to have no idea what you're talking about:

So he's from the UK, unless he recently moved to China.

Dude. I just spent 10 seconds googling the guy he's from China.... I swear the amount of factual incorrect information you will argue for is ridiculous.

Dude. I just spent 10 seconds googling the guy he's from China.... I swear the amount of factual incorrect information you will argue for is ridiculous.

He sent a UK copy of a game from the UK because he's in China? Are you actually this stupid?

Like I said he was from the UK, he may (maybe) have MOVED to china recently, but the fact you're doubling down when a link clearly proves you're wrong shows you're completely incompetent.

Vawn

Banned

Mods made him stop spamming polls, but he's still trolling constantly. He definitely lives in his own reality where he believes hes an industry insider. Its absurd.

Did the mods tell NPD Matt to give them NPD numbers to verify he's from NOD? Man you guys are silly. You'll just be wrong, it'll be better to see your reactions later and let you have your high moments now. Like I said nothing more to say, enjoy.

demigod

Did the mods tell NPD Matt to give them NPD numbers to verify he's from NOD? Man you guys are silly. You'll just be wrong, it'll be better to see your reactions later and let you have your high moments now. Like I said nothing more to say, enjoy.

He was verified, you really are clueless.

Mods made him stop spamming polls, but he's still trolling constantly. He definitely lives in his own reality where he believes hes an industry insider. Its absurd.

Actually I am not on Neogaf every day like you are, which is why the polls dropped, unless you forgot the polls I made after, oh how convenient. Gotta lie to stay relevant heh Vawn? You don't have as many threads to derail anymore.

BTW you still tripling down on being dumb and saying a guy sending something from the UK was living in China?

Vawn

Banned
Actually I am not on Neogaf every day like you are, which is why the polls dropped, unless you forgot the polls I made after, oh how convenient. Gotta lie to stay relevant heh Vawn? You don't have as many threads to derail anymore.

The polls dropped because you were told to stop spamming them.

The polls dropped because you were told to stop spamming them.

Well at least you admit you were wrong about the other thing you were debating by omission so there's that.

As for this argument, the polls were made after that as well, bt like I said it's easy for you to pretend that didn't happen so you can create this fake narrative.

The reason why there hasn't been many polls is literally because I wasn't on as much. Something you should try doing since you seem to be easily riled up. Heck, even now I'm using a phone.

I know you miss having threads to derail to bump your post count but not today Mr.China.

Last edited:
Almost forgot about Battletoads. So yeah, CD3 -> Ori -> BattleToads -> Tunic -> Void Bastards -> Gears 5
Plenty on the horizon to prompt people to buy an xbox one. If we're lucky, The Last Night will come out at the end of the year as well.

Vawn

Banned

Nobody here is saying its 100% they won't. The only way to know that would be to claim to be an insider and have access to non-public information.

You are the only one claiming to have such information. Back it up with the mods or quit claiming to be something you are not.

^When someone changes subjects that much it's best to just let things fly.

Almost forgot about Battletoads. So yeah, CD3 -> Ori -> BattleToads -> Tunic -> Void Bastards -> Gears 5
Plenty on the horizon to prompt people to buy an xbox one. If we're lucky, The Last Night will come out at the end of the year as well.

Every E3 (outside one) MS has announced new retail games to come out the same year, so we may get another game or 2.

How Xbox will do this year will depend on the momentum started by CrackDown 3. It got massive delays, a release date, another delay, and then another delay near the second release date. If it's a great game it will be a great start to the year, if it's poor well.....................................................................................................

I mean the second half can pick things up if it ends up being bad, however, that would still leave Xbox with a bad first half of the year, something that's been an issue every year for Xbox One outside of 2014.

So here's hoping CD3 is good, or doesn't get delayed again.

ethomaz

Banned
He sent a UK copy of a game from the UK because he's in China? Are you actually this stupid?

Like I said he was from the UK, he may (maybe) have MOVED to china recently, but the fact you're doubling down when a link clearly proves you're wrong shows you're completely incompetent.
He moved to China due a new job years ago.

And no MS won't release sales numbers this generation... stop the bullshit... it is getting ridiculous already.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Nobody here is saying its 100% they won't. The only way to know that would be to claim to be an insider and have access to non-public information.

You are the only one claiming to have such information. Back it up with the mods or quit claiming to be something you are not.

I need an adult please? Mods?

He moved to China due a new job years ago.

And no MS won't release sales numbers this generation... stop the bullshit... it is getting ridiculous already.

He moved to China years ago, so he send the UK game, from the UK, from 2017, shipped fro the UK, in China?

Are you really going to double down on this? He wasn't in China before (assuming he's there now) he was in the UK. You can find Neogaf posts about him in the UK for a good while. So to deny he was in the UK just seems silly.

demigod

Yeah but he didn't give numbers to do it. Not the smartest guy I see.
I understand you are very angry and are not capable of thinking at the moment, so I'll just let you rant by yourself.

Let me put it in more simple terms. He was verified that he worked for NPD, you on the other hand keeps dodging it when asked to get verified. In other words, you have no credibility.

Vawn

Banned
Is claiming to be an industry insider while refusing to get verified a bannable offence on NeoGAF?

demigod

Is claiming to be an industry insider while refusing to get verified a bannable offence on NeoGAF?

It is, looks like he’s trying to backtrack now.

This response doesn't make any sense and is completely out of context. He said MS never announced numbers before, he was wrong. There's no other hidden easter eggs to find. They will make several end of gen announcements at E3 (and some possibly before) that's all I'm saying.

Anyway, believe it or not E3 isn't far off. I've already made my statement so moving on.

I don't recall claiming that, but considering how fast you ran from your China screw-up I think I understand the desperate need to lie on me now for revenge.

Anyway moving on.

How many times must you move on in the same thread?

Rotti

ZhugeX probably has the Numbers from Npd reports, Media create, Famitsu and EMEAA. He is an analyst at Nyko Nyko, so he surely has acces to all those reports.
As for Xbox, they have made a good work to position the brand in a good state after what happend at the beggining of the generation.
Lets see what they have in store for next gen.

Last edited:
So Sony has 2.2:1 ratio in consoles sold. About what I expected. Why anyone should care is beyond me. XBox is big enough to maintain interest from 3rd party developers. 41 million or 71 million makes no big difference at this point.

Vawn

Banned
Anyway moving on.

You don't seem to know what that phrase means.

Hard to backtrack something that I never said. Hey man if you think lying/being deceptive is a good quality you'll have to go it alone.

Keep digging. You suddenly didn't say you know for 100% certainty about Microsoft's plans to reveal Xbox One sales numbers, but you were above revealing where you get your inside information?

Last edited:
Keep digging. You suddenly didn't say you know for 100% certainty about Microsoft's plans to reveal Xbox One sales numbers, but you were above revealing where you get your inside information?

See the issue is you have failed so many times in this thread I have no idea why you still think you have any place to even talk much less pretend you know what you're talking about.

I didn't claim to be an industry insider. That is a false statement you pulled out. That does not change the fact that I know the numbers are wrong and we will get numbers at E3 (maybe even before then).

What you attempted, and failed, to do was be a deceptive little piece of &(&( by lying about me making a "specific" statement so that ones who read it would perceive it a certain way. Sorry, it doesn't work like that, I'd suggest you stop, and go to your imaginary Chinese UK (because apparently according to you, the UK is in china. Not the most competent individual, and you've been dodging that mistake since trying to shift subjects, you don't have the ability to do that competently so i'd suggest stopping. )

Z..

Yea that’s like saying the “N” word literally means ignorant person when we all understand it’s historical usage. The word “gringo” has and always will be a derisive term used to describe Americans (not foreigners in general). Indeed, that is precisely how it was used here. There is a strong anti-American contingent on this forum that typically operates unchecked. Probably about time that changed.
It's a spanish word, moron. It's derived from the word greek being used to mean "incomprehensible" and was quite widely used wholesomely during the time I lived in Spain, Argentina and Chile to refer to foreigners of any origin. That it has different connotations specifically in NA is irrelevant. The comparison to the N word is a false equivalence.

By the way, fun fact "black" is actually more offensive than the n word in several languages. ^^
But of course, your USA centrist perspective is expected... you guys never seem to realize you're only 5% of the world.

ethomaz

Banned
Pretty sure Gringo in Brasil is used to anybody that speak a language you can't understand.
It is not offensive.

I call my brother Negro just because his skin is a little more dark (it is pretty little difference if I go to beach my skin become more dark)... nobody here takes as offensive too... in fact after I started to call him everybody including our parents started to use to call him by that nickname.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
What's really crazy is if these numbers are true (which they probably are or close) is... the software attach ratio for xbox is pretty damn big.

In MS's second biggest market (the UK) were seeing big AAA games with 75:25 splits. Its dead everywhere else that's not the U.S. We don't know what metric MS is using as "software." These are the same guys that used shots fired in a Halo game as a metric for success.

Last edited:

Fake

'Gringo' is not a offense term at least in Brazil I can sure.

Top Bottom