• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you logged into your account on someone's PS4 that has the collector's edition frontier ghost shell and then logged back into your personal PS4? It shows the item, you just can't equip it.

Not exactly hard to implement on a PC/PS4 cross save. It's all stored on Bungie servers.

No- I get that it's technically feasible, I just think it would be kind of a mess politically with gamers to continue a save from PS4 on PC only to find that they can't equip their PS4 timed-exclusive exotic shotgun and boots, etc.

The next PS4? I didn't even know it was a thing... god dammit, another one? =S

lol please don't take a random unsubstantiated leak about Destiny 2 as proof of a new console from a manufacturer that isn't even involved in the development. There's like 8 layers of abstraction between the two., and I just can't believe it got even the discussion it has so far.

AAMARMO

Banned
I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

Hmmmm. There is possibly another PS4 SKU coming but its not an hardware upgrade but a new revision of the standard PS4 that will shock people. However I do believe its not in production yet and this might just be an idea floating around.

Hmmmm. There is another PS4 SKU coming but its not an hardware upgrade but a new revision of the standard PS4 that will shock people. However I do believe its not in production yet and this might just be an idea floating around.
Is this the PS4 that only plays UHD Blu Rays I've been hearing about

farisr

We'll be holding you to this.
future_trunks_death_by_spidermang10-dauvwtd.jpg

Trace

Banned
"Insiders" betting their accounts for little to no benefit is hilarious. Good luck dude.

Yea honestly don't know why they'd do that, at least like two days before the damn reveal. Post it as "hopes" or something, no reason to get all the people riled up when we'll know everything by this time tomorrow anyway.

Symbiotx

I know those are just rumors, but cross-save between PS4 and PC is at the top of my wish list. I would love to be able to move to PC later when I can build one!

Lee

I wonder how will cross-play affect the Playstation exclusive items if there are any.

Discussed already but they could just lock out the items or auto-switch, and just keep exclusive maps/strikes out of playlists or off the directory. Wouldn't be too complex.

farisr

Iwonder how will cross-play affect the Playstation exclusive items if there are any.
if Cross-save is a thing, I figure it would probably just unequip/swap in the next highest level item available in that slot.

Could be annoying if you are constantly switching between with PS exclusive gear selected, but still, cross-save is worth it.

Carn82

.. Or Sony just won't mind you enjoying the 'exclusive' Sony content (that you already paid for anyways) on an other platform.

Cross-save would cement my decision to double dip and get it on both PC and PS4.

I highly doubt it would happen, but it would be cool if after unlocking PS-exclusive content on PS4 you could access it on PC. You would still need a PS4 console and PS4 copy of the game to get the items in the first place, so Sony still benefits from the exclusivity. It's a pipe dream, though. I'll be happy with cross save regardless.

- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

Since when do MMOs even have savegames?

Admodieus

PS4/PC cross-save would get so many doubledippers on GAF.

I imagine that if this is true, the reason it's not cross-save on XBox is because Microsoft will only allow cross-save through its Play Anywhere program.

I mean, the game saves your progress. We're not talking about save files.

Right but if I log into my account in WoW on multiple PCs my stuff is all there. I find it hard to believe that characters I created on my Xbox would just _not_ show up when logging in on PC.

I guess it really depends on how console-ized they want to make the PC version.

If we're logging in on each platform with a Bungie/Destiny account then all versions should have 'cross-save'. If we're logging into the PC version of the game with our XBL/PSN accounts then lol.

psyfi

Banned
Right but if I log into my account in WoW on multiple PCs my stuff is all there. I find it hard to believe that characters I created on my Xbox would just _not_ show up when logging in on PC.

If we're logging in on each platform with a Bungie/Destiny account then all versions should have 'cross-save'. If we're logging into the PC version of the game with our XBL/PSN accounts then lol.
The issue is that Sony and MS have to cooperate to make cross saves possible, and thus far they haven't. Not with Destiny at least.

Its semantics. Your "save" works between both versions of the game; yes this is the standard with MMOs.

Right, which is why I'm struggling to understand how all platforms wouldn't have 'cross-save'. The only way it wouldn't is if the PC version of the game forced you to login with your XBL/PSN account. What about PC players with no consoles? How do they log in?

Nauren

The issue is that Sony and MS have to cooperate to make cross saves possible, and thus far they haven't. Not with Destiny at least.

I had FFXI for the PS2, PC and Xbox 360 and enjoyed playing my same character on all 3. It spoiled me a bit lol.

WTF? Next PS4 in 2018. Just 2 years for the Pro or what?

LiK

Edited for the sake of clarification: The folks who told me these things might be wrong, but I'm sure the game runs at 60.

I TOLD YOU GUYS. 60FPS!

MrBenchmark

I'm super excited can not wait. Destiny 1 I played on 360,PS3,Xbox One and PS4. Sony's paid exclusives and the way they are handled and the length of time they are exclusive (forever basically) has made my Destiny 2 decision easy I'll be playing on Xbox only this time and PC IF it's play anywhere. I will not support Sony locking out content to this extreme.

Besides unless your completely delusional the game will be Playing best on Scorpio and PC. And then I won't have to kill my hands playing a great shooter on the worst controller for shooters and comfort (DS4) it just kills if you have actual man size hands.

My opinion of course.

Besides unless your completely delusional the game will be Playing best on Scorpio and PC. And then I won't have to kill my hands playing a great shooter on the worst controller for shooters and comfort (DS4) it just kills if you have actual man size hands.

My opinion of course.

I think it's amazing that in 2017 people are still making posts like this. It's like I'm back in the Genesis does what Nintendon't era.

Trickster

You WoW example doesnt make much sense in the context of cross platform "saving".

That your WoW account work on multiple pc's is like saying you can login with you psn or xbox live account on multiple playstation's or xbox's. It's really not the same as having the ability to just have one account that you can use across platforms. Especially when they are closed platforms that other companies operate, control and maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom