• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compsiox

Banned
It would make no sense for them to change the name from Battle.net to the Blizzard Launcher only to then immediately put a non-Blizzard game on it.

Why not just keep the Battle.net name then? It's not like they just in the last year decided to make a PC version of this game.

They probably changed it to prevent confusion because Destiny will be getting its own launcher

We can't wait for you.

Sorry
Congratulations

I know. I can't even wait for myself. I'll probably call off from work and school!

Edit:
God daaaaaang the emotes are amazing:
ZombieDance.gif

Midas

Some more info from that reddit "leak";

Why not elaborate on the open areas?

There are 4. Earth, Myriad, Titan, and Ganimede.

How big are the open-ended areas?

Much larger than anything in D1, but still nothing compared to a full MMO. The average zone is close to twice as large, and there are roughly 3 times as many zones per location.

There are 2 social spaces. One you get right away, one you get after beat the game.

Xur will be on the final planet each weekend, not in a social space.

Gotta say, this is a very disappointing leak.

Gotta stick to stuff lots of people know ;) Can't narrow down the pool too much.

FingerBang

More from the leak:

[–]
60 fps?
[–]
On pc sure.
Sony and MS both have rules against different frame rates when playing with other people so consoles will be 30. Pro adds 4k support.

Common sense, yup yup!

pantsmith

Nothing in the "leak" raises any red flags, though very disappointing if its not 60 fps on consoles.

Obviously you take these with a grain of salt whenever they pop up, but everything sounds plausible. Crucible being 4 v 4 sounds like its related to the game on the show floor right now, and wont be final (but who knows.)

FingerBang

Sounds reasonable to me

Honestly? I'm okay with 30 fps if done the way it's done in Destiny. Just give us more activities and matchmaking for all them and I'll start throwing money at the screen right away. (by preordering the edition with the season pass included)

Honestly? I'm okay with 30 fps if done the way it's done in Destiny. Just give us more activities and matchmaking for all them and I'll start throwing money at the screen right away. (by preordering the edition with the season pass included)

More activities and more ways to connect with friends outside of the strike/mission/raid options.

Make the game feel alive

Trace

Banned
Ahh yes "leaks" 12 hours before the reveal. If they had anything to actually leak they would have done it a long time ago.

I thought we were getting all new subclasses

We don't know. I'd be amazed if there wasn't at least one new subclass per class.

pantsmith

Ahh yes "leaks" 12 hours before the reveal. If they had anything to actually leak they would have done it a long time ago

As someone who takes any kind of anonymous leak with huge grains of salt, they were likely rehearsing the reveal today as the venue was being set up. We often see stuff leak from 3rd parties at a venue early, so its not really grounds to dismiss anything.

"Destiny 2 will launch on Battle.net - not Steam and not Origin."

You mean Blizzard App? Battle.net not exist anymore. #teamfake

ZeoVGM

Banned
Come on guys, that's such an obvious fake.

- They're not moving all shotguns and sniper rifles to heavy.
- No way they make Control into a 4v4 mode.
- Battle.net? lol
- I highly doubt they're changing the name of Trials of Osiris when the very first expansion in December is based around Osiris.
- He said we're not visiting Saturn and called Shinobi's original leak on GAF a lie. Sorry, I'll go with Shinobi over this dude.

Whoa that leak sounds pretty underwhelming in a lot of ways.

I'm not going to judge it fully before seeing it but a lot of that sounds kinda eh

eathdemon

Neo Member
it getting its own launcher based on the battle net tech I can belive. puting it on blizzard's app would be such a mistake its insane. Blizzard benefits big time by the fact that most do not know that blizz and act are the same company.

Midas

If a fireteam is 4 people in Destiny 2, I could understand 4 vs 4. But it should just be 8 vs 8 in that case.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The reddit guy made a point to say Shinobi's info was from September, so maybe the game has changed since then?

Pretty much everything else he said either came true or was backed up by Kotaku. So I have a hard time believing that since September, they completely dropped Saturn, which Shinobi implied was the main section of the game.

The reddit guy made a point to say Shinobi's info was from September, so maybe the game has changed since then?

I mean Shinobi leak mentioned Tower being destroyed, PC version, Cabal focus, and Saturn. All thing we know to be 100% accurate. Nothing he leaked could have been old or "changed" as it's all been confirmed

Edit - Actually I guess Saturn focus hasn't been confirmed

I mean Shinobi leak mentioned Tower being destroyed, PC version, Cabal focus, and Saturn. All thing we know to be 100% accurate. Nothing he leaked could have been old or "changed" as it's all been confirmed

Guy on Reddit is saying Saturn is BS. Says it's Jupiter's moon, not Saturn.

Could someone link that call out? Some of the things in this leak was confirmed to me to be 100% real. Very hard things to nail.

https://www.reddit.com/user/destinyLeaker/comments/6btea3/destiny_2_reveal/dhpjyck/

That original leak was a very reliable source, backed up by Kotaku.

Last September.

If Shinobi and this dude are both correct, well... it doesn't bode that well for destiny 2. After all, we all know how destiny 1 turned out with all the scrapping they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom