• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

etta

my hard graphic balls
Thought you need the IW disc to play it.
No that was just a rumor propagated by the fact that it's something Activision WOULD do, but there's two things indicating that it WON'T happen:
1. The description used for MW:R on the packaging is "full game download" coupon code, not "add-on content" or the likes.
2. You can play MW:R campaign 30 days early on PS4, without an IW disc, so...

Alienous

Lmao

I really wouldn't have had a problem with them removing juggernaut for flak jacket.

Noob tubes, frag x3, grenade power, martyrdom would have all had a nice counter without juggernaut players surviving sniper shots.

Too bad they didnt add a new mode

The changes I would have liked to have seen.

Juggernaut -> Flak Jacket
Frag x3 -> Frag x2
Claymore x2 -> Claymore x1
RPG-7 x2 -> RPG-7 x1 (not sure about this one)
Martydom only available if you have a grenade when you die
Stopping Power -> Toughness, maybe (less flinch when shot)

No_Style

Have they mentioned anything about kill streak stacking? I usually don't call helicopter until after I die in COD4 to get the ball rolling again.

jet1911

The FOV is hoooooooooorrible lol. Everything else is faaaaaatastic. Such a great game, glad to see that they did not mess too much with it.

Looks really good. Aside from the medals on screen with the same sound effect from Advanced Warfare I could do without, everything else is great. I really like how you can inspect guns.

Anon67

Tinúviel;215808858 said:
C/P from other thread.

They fucking nailed it IMO.

Dear Activision make Raven 4th main developer and give them rights to make a Modern Warfare 4.

I'm missing something here. Why should Raven have the rights to make a new cod game of their own? Remastering a game is wholly different than building one from scratch.

Edit: I should be clear. I don't see why Raven should head their own game only on the grounds that MWR is good. That's the impression I got with the quote above^. I will agree that it would not be a bad idea if Raven was left to make MW4 because of their extensive presence throughout the franchise's history.

Caffeine

the menu and game looks really nice.

I'm missing something here. Why should Raven have the rights to make a new cod game of their own? Remastering a game is wholly different than building one from scratch.

I feel like they should be given enough time to have a shot. this would also give cod devs 4 years of dev time if it turns out good.
because extended dev time is only going to increase by next gen. as it has in the past.

They should get an opportunity at creating their own after serving as a support studio for years now. I think I read they became a COD support studio with Black Ops 1.

Ame

Added a couple more videos to the OP that some people posted in this thread, without any commentary.

I honestly can't wait to play a prettier version of this game again. I feel dirty for essentially paying $109 CAD for MWR, but I can't help it. I had such a good time with this game back in 2007.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
That video of the sniper in the op getting destroyed because he's running and jumping around like an idiot instead of hiding really highlights the difference between cod then and now.

Catvoca

Banned
Man, this looks like exactly what I wanted. It's seriously making me consider spending the money on this now.

Anon67

They should get an opportunity at creating their own after serving as a support studio for years now. I think I read they became a COD support studio with Black Ops 1.

So you're saying that because they have extensive experience with the franchise since Blops 1, they should be given the chance to make something of their own? Sure I can agree to that. So following this line, I guess you could say that MWR further proves that they are ready for the big leagues?

Anon67

Guys don't you need the IW disc to play MWR? You'll have to keep IW to play MWR until they sell it as a stand alone product.

Tinúviel

Why?Because Raven founded in 1990 and spent lots of time in top tier gaming industry.They were always a talented studio before they become second tier support oriented CoD developer.If the same budget given to them i don't think they are less capable then Sled or IW.

Catvoca

Banned
That video of the sniper in the op getting destroyed because he's running and jumping around like an idiot instead of hiding really highlights the difference between cod then and now.

That's not true, people where running and jumping around with snipers in COD4. The whole COD sniping montage thing was popularised with that game. If anything, sniping like that was more effictive in COD4 than the newer games since it was slower paced.

So you're saying that because they have extensive experience with the franchise since Blops 1, they should be given the chance to make something of their own? Sure I can agree to that. So following this line, I guess you could say that MWR further proves that they are ready for the big leagues?

If they want to make a Modern Warfare entry, sure. MWR lets them get in there and tinker with the best entry of that sub-franchise. You could look at it the same way Microsoft handled Gears of War and their new studio.

Ame

Guys don't you need the IW disc to play MWR? You'll have to keep IW to play MWR until they sell it as a stand alone product.

We don't know if there's any truth to this. Right now it's just a rumor. All we know is that Infinite Warfare comes with a downloadable code for MWR. It's a downloadable game, I doubt you'll need the game disc...Hopefully.

On consoles, there were some people who were jump-shotting in COD4. It's an effective way, if done right, to disorient your opponent. MW2 is when every sniper decided to adopt it.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fucking goty 2007 and 2017. Amazing.

Activision got us by the balls here, this legit looks like the best FPS MP for this fall and it's a 10 year old game.

My collegeas and i still play the original every day during lunchtime. Basicly because it's the last cod that supported Mac OSX, and we all work on that.
Backlot is our favorite map and just watched the video of the remastered. I'm sorry, but gameplay wise it looks terrible. Everything moves faster and different from what i play everyday. No, i will pass this game and stick with the original.

Sledgehammer was doing side work for IW and Treyarch before moving on to make Advanced Warfare.

Top Bottom