• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

Gorillaz

The hell happened to the announcer voice for spetnaz? Sounds like a youtube parody of a cod mp voice

Why does the m40 have less echo after the shot?

This shit should have been easy

Edit: wow they changed ALL of the voices. They sound cartoonish now

Haven't watched the videos but is there any evidence of online splitscreen like the later COD games?

I love MW to pieces, but online splitscreen would make me pay the price.

DevilDog

That's very different from what you're expecting. Pretty much all recent Call of Duty have had dedicated servers to play on, but that doesn't mean they allow custom servers for people to set up and browse.

Just be ready to experience the "console version". I hope not, but knowing Activision, that might end up happening.

I know, but I'm hoping we will. Otherwise it's a no buy for me. Vanilla cod 4 is just too frustrating.

Hip Hop

That "Inspect Weapon" feature is very telling.

I won't be surprised if they pump out a lot of microtransactions for this game. Hopefully it's just skins and other cosmetics, but who knows.

kanuuna

The red kill hit marker and new announcers aside (both of which suck), this looks like CoD4. I can't decide if I like the accolades.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Tinúviel;215808858 said:

Let them do another singularity instead, they don't need their talents wasted on becoming just another COD developer. That would be 4 in a row

Drewfonse

Haven't watched the videos but is there any evidence of online splitscreen like the later COD games?

I love MW to pieces, but online splitscreen would make me pay the price.

This would quite literally be the best thing since sliced bread.

black070

From the looks and sounds of it, Raven Software went out of their way to update the game wherever possible without changing it's foundation, and it shows - I honestly don't have any need to pick apart what looks to be a very well handled remaster of a genre defining game.

El_Chino

Raven is saying there's more stuff coming in the December update: http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1273590

orig_8a8db5d1f60b2ab6e2723af979e41d6a.jpg

CS:GO inspired skins.

zsynqx

Why does stuff like this even matter lol, if they changed it big deal..

It looked really nice when you get a triple/quad headshot feed with the old symbol. I know it's dumb and really not that important but I still wish they kept it the same; guess I'm a cod4 purist.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That "Inspect Weapon" feature is very telling.

I won't be surprised if they pump out a lot of microtransactions for this game. Hopefully it's just skins and other cosmetics, but who knows.
I'm fully expecting skins/camos that need to unlocked via IW, just to give MW devotees incentive to play both games.

Looks amazing, new voices and and some medals are tiny ass nitpicks compared to getting the best COD ever back.

Can't wait until it's unbundled.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe we had someone on here thinking it looks the same.

That honestly doesn't look that different to me *shrug*

There's more polys and swaying foliage in the new one, but otherwise it's the same sans resolution but on PC that didn't matter anyways.

edit: I'm going to guess the video just isn't showing it off well enough due to compression.

Alienous

Can't believe we had someone on here thinking it looks the same.

I can understand that. It isn't enough of an improvement to overcome nostalgia goggles, unlike the campaign. It's an improvement but one that doesn't look impressive by current gen standards.

The remaster has lost some of the grit, also.

There's more polys and swaying foliage in the new one, but otherwise it's the same sans resolution but on PC that didn't matter anyways.

edit: I'm going to guess the video just isn't showing it off well enough due to compression.

Look at the fireplace on Overgrown.

Ame

After watching some more gameplay, I noticed some more small additions/changes.

- They added player cards
- Domination is split into 2 rounds
- You get UAV assist points now
- You get points for calling in killstreaks
- The addition of the final kill cam

Here's a better comparison

IeUA4d6.jpg

The main problem I see with this remaster is the UI popping up in front of your face after every kill and I hate the new sounds. Why are they getting rid of those awesome punchy sounds from the first game? WHY?

Loxley

The main problem I see with this remaster is the UI popping up in front of your face after every kill and I hate the new sounds. Why are they getting rid of those awesome punchy sounds from the first game? WHY?

I'm just guessing but I assume that the new sounds are simply meant to bring the game up to 2016 audio standards in shooters, meaning better overall quality. So like seemingly every other aspect of the game, they were re-recorded from the ground up.

I'm just guessing but I assume that the new sounds are simply meant to bring the game up to 2016 audio standards in shooters, meaning better overall quality. So like seemingly every other aspect of the game, they were re-recorded from the ground up.

I don't see how it's better quality when everything sounds more muffled and quiet. =/

From the looks and sounds of it, Raven Software went out of their way to update the game wherever possible without changing it's foundation, and it shows - I honestly don't have any need to pick apart what looks to be a very well handled remaster of a genre defining game.
Can you give me a short run down of the big things you think they've went out of their way to update?

I think it looks incredible too but I'm just curious for your thoughts

Hip Hop

The first game was anything but punchy, it's really bad. You could even add bass and it would still sound flat.

Top Bottom