• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

No that was just a rumor propagated by the fact that it's something Activision WOULD do, but there's two things indicating that it WON'T happen:
1. The description used for MW:R on the packaging is "full game download" coupon code, not "add-on content" or the likes.
2. You can play MW:R campaign 30 days early on PS4, without an IW disc, so...

You have no idea what you're talking about and if you could sell the disc Activision would have been clear in there FAQ or interviews.

Metfanant

My collegeas and i still play the original every day during lunchtime. Basicly because it's the last cod that supported Mac OSX, and we all work on that.
Backlot is our favorite map and just watched the video of the remastered. I'm sorry, but gameplay wise it looks terrible. Everything moves faster and different from what i play everyday. No, i will pass this game and stick with the original.

I'd be interested to hear the developer comment on things like sprint speed...because to hear them say how they agonized over adding modern animations, but making sure the timing on sniper ADS was still identical makes me think they wouldn't change something like movement speed...

You have no idea what you're talking about and if you could sell the disc Activision would have been clear in there FAQ or interviews.

Nobody has any idea what they're talking about (including you)...

what we DO know is that 1. Activision hasn't said anything either way and 2. The idea that you wouldn't be able to sell the IW disc, was created by people arguing that its something Activision WOULD do based on some of their previous decisions...

There really is no hard evidence either way...

Looks the same as the MW, I thought the graphics were being upgraded..Backlot has this pissfilter on top and theres a huge lack of contrast.

ryseing

My collegeas and i still play the original every day during lunchtime. Basicly because it's the last cod that supported Mac OSX, and we all work on that.
Backlot is our favorite map and just watched the video of the remastered. I'm sorry, but gameplay wise it looks terrible. Everything moves faster and different from what i play everyday. No, i will pass this game and stick with the original.

Black Ops 1 is on OSX.

I think you maybe thinking back on MW with rose-tinted glasses. This looks better than it graphically.

Im installing it right now.

Even if it looks better, it doesnt look like Black ops3, I thought they would revamp it to make it look like the modern CoD games, the texture/lighting/models look almost the same, and the color grade is really bad, no depth at all.

Also the guy screaming "securing point B" is bad, I dont remember everything being this ugly..

Wow it's weird seeing regular ass marines and shit in a CoD game again.

Navy Seals in BO2 were the last good/decent faction imo.

Just a mess these days without the great themes and designs of the past.

zsynqx

Ughh hate the new sprinting/mantle animation. Hit detection looks more like mw2, which feels a little weird with cod4 gameplay but will probably get used to that. Acog m40 still looking nice but reg scoping looks a little off with new ADS animation and DoF effect. Wish it was still +10 instead of +100.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so tempted to buy the 100 dollars infinite warfare edition just to play MW remastered, i must resist but it's so hard :(

Tinúviel;215811396 said:
Fuck they even changed S.A.S. voices.

https://youtu.be/HO7S0mkSnNs?t=13m15s

Old ones.

https://youtu.be/kB74mgknE78

Maybe this was the only part that didn't needed a change in a remastered.

Maybe they were forced to change the voices, it was probably a technical issue or perhaps even a licensing one.

DevilDog

Have they said if PC will have dedicated servers?

I can't wait for them to ban grenade launchers/ 3x frag/ martydom and last stand.

Abraxas

So far I have heard about the camo for guns, different menus, and new voices. Has anyone else heard any changes other than these? I think the M14 has been changed.

I can't wait for them to ban grenade launchers/ 3x frag/ martydom and last stand.

Try all that on 64 player PC servers when the rotation hits shipment.
Better times.

Actually after watching some old CoD4 gameplay they changed the snipers a lot.

Sniping looks like CoD: Ghosts sniping in the remastered version tbh, M40A3 doesn't feel as "mobile" for lack of a better word and the animation to scoping in looks pretty bad. Also still don't like double rendered scope still :l

kAmui-

You mean it looks like how you remembered it.

Go back and play MW1 again. Its night and day

I watched some of the videos and was about to post just this. In my mind the game looked just like this on 360 back in the day. I know it's not even remotely true though.

zsynqx

Actually after watching some old CoD4 gameplay they changed the snipers a lot.

Sniping looks like CoD: Ghosts sniping in the remastered version tbh, M40A3 doesn't feel as "mobile" for lack of a better word and the animation to scoping in looks pretty bad. Also still don't like double rendered scope still :l

Yep, pretty disappointed.

alexbull_uk

Looking awesome. Can't wait for November.

Shame about the sniper gameplay on Overgrown, I love that map but oh boy, was that painful to watch.

Hip Hop

That's going above and beyond for a $20 title. I don't think they'll be a server browser or the ability for people to host their own server.

I'm gonna say it will all be matchmaking only.

What is with the obsession with making the sun super bright and reflecting off everything in shooters nowadays... just look at how bright and shiny Backlot and Crash are, I just don't get it. It doesn't look nice or appealing, it's just annoying and distracting. It's like a filter of yellow over the gameplay. Christ.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It looks absolutely stupendous and I'm loving them new gun sounds. Really not keen on the new voices, surely Bill Murray and Craig Fairbrass would have approved their voices being used for the remaster ? (if Activision would even need to ask them for permission)

DevilDog

They already confirmed all platforms will have dedicated servers when they first revealed the game. https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ
Thank you.

So far I have heard about the camo for guns, different menus, and new voices. Has anyone else heard any changes other than these? I think the M14 has been changed.

Try all that on 64 player PC servers when the rotation hits shipment.
Better times.

With no restrictions.

I will be happy if we get back those 18-24 man servers with serious rulesets. I don't want to play the console version of cod 4, ever.

That's going above and beyond for a $20 title. I don't think they'll be a server browser or the ability for people to host their own server.

I'm gonna say it will all be matchmaking only.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

We good. Let's hope server rules come back as well.

zsynqx

Why did they change the headshot indicator on the killfeed?? God, still day 1 but stuff like that is so unnecessary.

Hip Hop

Thank you.

With no restrictions.

I will be happy if we get back those 18-24 man servers with serious rulesets. I don't want to play the console version of cod 4, ever.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

We good. Let's hope server rules come back as well.

That's very different from what you're expecting. Pretty much all recent Call of Duty have had dedicated servers to play on, but that doesn't mean they allow custom servers for people to set up and browse.

Just be ready to experience the "console version". I hope not, but knowing Activision, that might end up happening.

naw

can't believe they changed the sound of the m40. the original had one of the best sniper sounds in any fps

now it just sounds like some generic ass sniper

eldudebro

Man, I really want this. Some of the fondest memories I have in gaming are from 2007/08 and Call of Duty 4.

Shame they are cynically tacking it onto a premium edition of Infinite Warfare. Last few Call of Duties have been total garbage so I can't get on this train. I'm not paying £70 or so just to get COD4. No interest in infinite warfare so i'll skip for now.

Will be an instabuy if and when they release it seperately.

Top Bottom