• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

I'm excited for this but a lot of that is just nostalgia. I'm curious how all the unbalanced/exploitable stuff will sit with me in current times.

Tinúviel

Old Announcers:

OpFor: https://youtu.be/SC12q40Jv4w
Spetsnaz: https://youtu.be/BZCAW33fKMc
S.A.S. (Craig Fairbrass) : https://youtu.be/kB74mgknE78
Marines: https://youtu.be/Xp5nT47WiSg

These are all sound professional and they really fit their factions and the game atmosphere.

But the new ones sounds soo cheap like i can't describe but they are Call of Duty: Online (China) type of cheap.This really bothers me huge huge disappointment if they are not going to change..

Also constant put up sounds like medals,flags etc. directly from Advanced Warfare i hope this isn't final version of the game for these details.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the thing with the announcers doesn't affect the single player like Craig Fairbrass' character etc.

Outside of the ugly new UI pop ups (they didn't even try to make them fit with the game) and awful new announcers, I really like what I see here. Those maps man, good times. Still not paying $80 though.

Loxley

Seems like the game is running off the AW engine. Same sounds for flag caps and fonts are the same.

Considering the amount of work that seems to have gone into this remake, it makes sense that development was probably started around/during Advanced Warfare's release. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were sharing tech as a result, especially since Raven works on the multiplayer for all of these games.

zsynqx

Tinúviel;215827227 said:
This is just a joke for the XP build right?This guy CAN'T be in the final game who approved this?

https://youtu.be/TmRlBZs5eF8?t=11m1s

So bad. Then 5 seconds later and the deagle sounds weak as hell.

I really hope they sort out the announcer and beef up the weapon sounds before launch. People have been pretty vocal about on twitter so they should definitely be aware of it by now.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here, looks fine to me.....

Listen to the announcer saying "friendly airstrike on the way."

Tinúviel;215827227 said:
This is just a joke for the XP build right?This guy CAN'T be in the final game who approved this?

https://youtu.be/TmRlBZs5eF8?t=11m1s

8c5ccb483b0806961667662d5ed7a50e.jpg

Hell fucking yes $130 CAD for me. After watching some of these videos, HOLY SHIT RAVEN you guys are good people. Thank you.

its clearly not worth it though. you're essentially paying $130 for a near 10 year old game up-scaled to 1080p (if you're on consoles).

sure there people still playing this on last gen if you really want to play it, but saying shit like this is totally worth it, just gives them credit for bad practice.

Hip Hop

its clearly not worth it though. you're essentially paying $130 for a near 10 year old game up-scaled to 1080p (if you're on consoles).

sure there people still playing this on last gen if you really want to play it, but saying shit like this is totally worth it, just gives them credit for bad practice.

idk, everything is redone. not really an "upscaled" game. How is it a bad practice?

etta

my hard graphic balls

No, there are games out there, though few, where their value far exceeds their price, for me.
You're trying to impose your subjective value of the game onto mine.

madp0k

g36c + barrett + claymore + S&D = happy mad :)

the game that got me into playing mp in a huge way, still proud of my gold cross, will get another :)

Loxley

Side question - Do we know if the campaign cheats from the original release (the ones unlocked by collecting those intel laptops) are returning for MWR? They made subsequent playthroughs of the campaign really fun, particularly slow-mo + cluster grenades.

clav

Terrible sounds.

Some people may brush off and say, "You just hate it because it's different."

Sound is everything. Makes up for poor graphics/video quality.

No, there are games out there, though few, where their value far exceeds their price, for me.

Exactly.

I think my 360 copy of Modern Warfare, that i still play to this day, would be worth that price for the 9 years of enjoyment I've had out of it.

First time watching the footage with sound..What the fuck is up with the gun sounds? I'm hearing the same sounds from Advanced Warfare including the pop up sounds...

The clips are a real bummer. I wasn't planning on buying IW just for CoD4 anyway, but changing he kinda and announcers instead of just bringing them over totally killed my vibe. They were a huge part of the atmosphere of CoD4.

Does the Soviet National Anthem still play with Spetnaz victory?

Gorillaz

Terrible sounds.

Some people may brush off and say, "You just hate it because it's different."

Sound is everything. Makes up for poor graphics/video quality.

Exactly

like I can ge over UI changes even if it is jarring in terms o color palettes but whoever did the engineering and sound mixing straight up disrespectful with the annoucer voices and weapons.

The fucking deagle out here sounding like a nerf gun

if it was sold separately it would be fine, but it's not. regardless if you think i'm trying to impose my subjective value of a game or not, its scummy practice and you know it is. its up there with MT and rip off DLC.

Trakan

The clips are a real bummer. I wasn't planning on buying IW just for CoD4 anyway, but changing he kinda and announcers instead of just bringing them over totally killed my vibe. They were a huge part of the atmosphere of CoD4.

Does the Soviet National Anthem still play with Spetnaz victory?

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? I get that they want to improve on the game just like with the graphics, but everything sounds awful. The guns, the announcers, the killstreak sounds are all a huge step down.

Top Bottom