• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare E3 2016 Demo

JP

Really wasn't interested in this game until I saw this demo, it's pretty much a must buy now. It took me a bit of time to work out what the game was.

Watching it, I was stunned. It looked beautiful. Seeing the fact that it was Call of Duty, I was in shock. I didn't think I could ever care about the franchise again.

As someone who has played the death out of most of the CoD I was shocked that I didn't recognize the game at first.

Seems like they've put some work in on this one.

The only issue with the demo was that you spent the first three minutes trying to work out how that could possibly work in VR. Other than that it was great.

Yeah I still thought it was a VR game until I googled it after the title card. Too bad, I would have bought into VR to play this. Would have been incredible in VR.

_woLf

I kept wondering what the game could have been. Starhawk? No...hm. Killzone? Nope.

Call of Duty? What the hell?

That looked incredible and completely took me by surprise. I went from uninterested to possibly day one on the game from that demo.

ryseing

That was the best Call of Duty demo I've seen at an E3. I hope the dogfighting stuff is prominent throughout the campaign as that looked great.

george_us

This was honestly the best thing at Sony's show followed by Horizon. I almost thought they were showing a Battlestar Galactica game for a minute. Can't wait for this.

Never thought I'd say this about CoD but that looked great and fun and cool. I'm almost thinking of buying it. But I know CoD single player campaign are so short and have no interest in multiplayer so I guess I'm out sadly. But I'd like to play that one day.

Loxley

I legitimately thought this was something along the lines of Star Citizen or Elite for the first few minutes, it wasn't only until after the combat started up that it occurred to me that this was COD.

Which is actually a compliment to IW, this didn't feel like a typical COD campaign that gets shown at these conferences. I'm definitely interested in Infinite Warfare now.

Welfare

So for $80 I can get not just the shooter that redefined Call of Duty but also the one that will redifine Call of Duty.

Kinda a steal if you ask me.

SaganIsGOAT

I was super impressed. The mission map, the walk around the flight deck, getting into your ship, dogfighting, boarding a ship and taking it over, exiting back to another ship, ALL SEAMLESSLY HOLY SHIT

Apathy

I am in no way a CoD player, in fact I often make fun of the dude bro's that play this, but god damn did this gameplay at the conference make it look amazing. The space parts were just great. I'm actually considering buying it and playing it this year

shanafan

People going out of their way to downvote any Infinite Warfare video on YouTube. I think that's some mental health issues.

People going out of their way to downvote any Infinite Warfare video on YouTube. I think that's some mental health issues.

I mean, they did that to the reveal video too.

There was nothing so bad in the reveal trailer to warrant it becoming the most disliked youtube video ever. Just a crap ton of petty fools with more time than sense.

The intentional VR misdirection was pretty bad... But holy shit that was amazing! One of my most anticipated releases now.

As another mentioned, if this didn't carry the COD name all would be flipping shit over this!

RowdyReverb

This actually looks really badass. I'm a big fan of scifi action and this seems to nail that fantasy. Actually hyped for a CoD campaign. I'm in disbelief

Wow, color me surprised. Contrary to what I expected, the future scifi aspect of the game is it's most interesting component. Spacejet battles and zero gravity shootouts look great!

Consumer

Really disappointed with the direction CoD's going, but at the very least it looks to offer a fun sci-fi campaign. Probably won't play MP much, if at all. And I wonder what the 3rd game mode will be.

I was looking at the Sony demo and didn't know it was Infinity Warfare, but was super pumped from what I was seeing. Then I saw it was the new CoD, and realized that I did like the gameplay shown. Great job IW, might get my money come Nov.

Malice215

Sucks that IW wasn't lead off with this demo instead of the crap trailer. This and Titanfall 2 will fulfill all my shooting/grappling needs.

I get that people are burning out on COD, but I can't believe there isn't more hype surrounding this. Looks f'ing awesome.

Exactly! You could have called this a new IP and people would just think it bared some similarities and that it looked amazing and was a cool new scifi shooter! It could have easily been and EVE fps.

Najaf

They definitely need to work on the weapon visual feedback. The guns seemed to lack any sense of punch at all.

Top Bottom