• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare E3 2016 Demo

Graphically, it looked so bad. I told a friend of mine that I thought this was a game designed for PS VR as it looked graphically underwhelming and so generic looking and he told me he thought the same thing.

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 look way, way, WAY better than this.

ncslamm

I don't know what to think. I've played every mainline Call of Duty game and always preorder it every year. I think I've finally just gotten burned out on it. This looks pretty good but it doesn't really excite me. I don't want to pass a judgement on in yet until we see more but for now I think I'll pass on CoD this year.

Trup1aya

The whole time I thought I was watching Titan fall 2. Gotta admit, the demo was impressive. But now I feel like we have two of the same game launching this holiday, but one lacks giant mechs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is the space stuff on rails? This demo blew me away. Looked awesome, well aside from the cod standard shooting. Still, excited for cod. Crazy.

Kin5290

This looks great, although I'm still skeptical that the campaign will be good (just look at previous CODs). Here's hoping that they don't write out or kill off the Lebanese female LT for no reason like some other COD female characters.

Skunkers

I maybe should've guessed in hindsight, because it kind of didn't make sense that you'd go to all that trouble to breach the ship and murder half its crew, only to have one of your battleships blow it to smithereens anyways. That's classic COD logic there.

On a rewatch, it's quite obvious they cut big chunks of that mission out for time. I'm sure there's some reason you go on (to grab a macguffin and drop the shields or whatever).

Kalentan

Is the space stuff on rails? This demo blew me away. Looked awesome, well aside from the cod standard shooting. Still, excited for cod. Crazy.

According to an interview after the original trailer, they said some missions are on rails but others give you an area to fight in. It's hard to say which this one was, I want to say on rails, but they seemingly cut some stuff from the demo.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Impressive looking, but I'm remaining skeptical until release. Have a hard time believing a lot of that wasn't just scripted.

Haven't played COD since MW2 and this is the first time I feel really interested since.

This is some out of this world stuff! I wish they would do a battlefield like this. Totally interested in this now I just wish the weapons were more futuristic rather than the normal "reload reload" system.

Looks totally awesome though I might actually enjoy playing this.

HussiZooT

The Infinite Warfare trailer left a bad taste in my mouth and so I was having 0 expectations from their trailer at E3.

When the gameplay began, I thought it was some VR game Sony was developing in-house. But then I noticed that dude in the bottom left corner from the previous trailers and realized it was COD - and my, my, I couldn't believe what I saw. I was actually really impressed. Great job coming in silent like that and letting people know the game first, then the team developing it.

I'll still be skeptical and wait for more to be revealed, but this has certainly increased my want for this game - especially considering I was done with COD after BLOPS III.

Blader

I was legit shook when the title card popped up. I didn't expect that to be CoD at all. Very impressed.

Ha, that was exactly my reaction. Had no idea this was the new CoD until that title card came up.

The demo looked a lot fun. I burned out and stopped playing CoD after MW3 (shit, that was 5 years ago?!) but this one looked good enough to jump back in again.

M.W.

Graphically, it looked so bad. I told a friend of mine that I thought this was a game designed for PS VR as it looked graphically underwhelming and so generic looking and he told me he thought the same thing.

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 look way, way, WAY better than this.

It looked quite good.

EL CUCO

I was so confused with what this was up until when I saw the riot/assault shield. Didnt know if it was vr, titanfall...what

Looked interesting for a change tho

Looked good but at the same time it felt like it was very scripted and very much on rails. Not sure how much of game takes place in space either. Not sure how these features would translate to multiplayer.

COD is plagued with overpriced dlc and micro transaction supply drop gambling. You could spend hundreds of dollars and not even have all of the content.

kuYuri

The whole time I thought I was watching Titan fall 2. Gotta admit, the demo was impressive. But now I feel like we have two of the same game launching this holiday, but one lacks giant mechs.

Well, it has mechs, but who knows if it has giant ones.

According to an interview after the original trailer, they said some missions are on rails but others give you an area to fight in. It's hard to say which this one was, I want to say on rails, but they seemingly cut some stuff from the demo.

CharlieIntel says they got confirmation the demo space flight section was not on rails.

My guess is that players could probably fly pretty far, but I'm sure they will put a boundary, like a countdown where if you go too far and don't go back, you fail and restart checkpoint or something like that.

All I kept thinking is do the COD teams just find out whatever Respawn is doing and throw it in their games to spite them or is this all a coincidence?

boltz

Looks alright - there didn't seem to be much variety or challenge as the baddies didn't do very much but float around and get shot up like sitting ducks. But it would be pretty cool if the missions impacted each other or if there was some kind of strategy meta game, but that might be a reach for a COD game.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Guys next to me didn't think it was call of duty lol I kept saying it was

This was me in the chat I was in. I called it right away and people were wondering what the hell it was till it finally showed up or started noticing.

It's good to see a change for once imho.
Haters gonna hate but it was kick ass looking and I bet if it wasnt CoD people would been like "RIP CoD" still :p

El_Chino

Loved it!

Mobile Suit CoD

This blew me away, I haven't cared about COD since MW2 but damn this is pulling me in.

Looked fantastic. Well done IW.

I was really impressed by this, actually. Lots of fun gameplay mechanics that I haven't seen in similar sci-fi games. We'll see if it pans out.

Just really Greatly set up (I had no Idea it was Cod at first) and made me want more

This kind blew me away. It's gonna get shit all over for being COD but if this was some new IP people would be losing it.

Well, I was impressed anyway. Looks like they're actually trying this year.

Looked pretty cool actually.

They've done the impossible.

They've made me excited for another Call of Duty.

That Gaf turnaround!

Jokes aside, I'm really happy for Infinity Ward. They needed a good showing!

This was me in the chat I was in. I called it right away and people were wondering what the hell it was till it finally showed up or started noticing.

It's good to see a change for once imho.
Haters gonna hate but it was kick ass looking and I bet if it wasnt CoD people would been like "RIP CoD" still :p
If you payed attention to what they said after the reveal you already knew what it was and seeing it in gameplay form was pure hype! Loved everything about it

Hazaku

It looks great thematically. Gameplay didn't blow me away though.

Please don't have a campaign worse than Blops 3

The spaceship stuff still looks kind of shallow. Maybe not quite as shallow as typical COD vehicle sections which have been absolutely terrible since like Black Ops 1, but I'm not buying that part of the game just yet.

In the "year of the grapple" this grapple looks kind of weak. It seems like it just sucks you over to a point, whereas say Uncharted 4 lets you do some momentum based swinging on grapple points. And it looks like Titanfall 2 is letting you do momentum based swinging off of pretty much anything.

I think this is going to be the same old COD campaign with some superficial enhancements. Battlefield is promising more open sandboxy gameplay for BF1, and given what Respawn has been saying, and just how Titanfall plays in general, it seems like it should be fairly open and sandboxy in places as well.

COD is looking pretty nice graphically but I'm not buying it just yet (metaphorically that is, of course I'm literally buying it as an avid FPS junkie.)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What an amazing demo and extremely surprising, too.

I would've never thought I'd be excited for a new CoD game and even more so one made by Infinity Ward. Also, loved how Twitch chat was spamming "RIP CoD" but had no idea this was actually CoD.

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 look way, way, WAY better than this

How can you lie with a straight face, their are opinions and then their are opinions that even the one who is offering the opinion knows is false but peddles it anyways. I think your hate for the game has completely blinded you to reality, both figuratively and literally.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think it looked pretty cool. Combat seems to have more player control and variety between the ship combat and boarding.

I was completely blown away by this demo. I'm not sure why this is getting hate. It looks really fun. And I say this as someone that despises COD!

wbEMX

That looked really great. Too bad it gets shit on on YouTube. The demo on the PlayStation channel already has a crapton of dislikes.

Talk about bandwagons.

Am I the only one that thinks this actually looks better than Battlefield 1? Don't get me wrong, Battlefield 1 looks great! But let's be real, its basically a new Battlefield with a WW1 skin. But CoD on the other hand looks to bring a lot of new gameplay elements to the table.

Kin5290

Am I the only one that thinks this actually looks better than Battlefield 1? Don't get me wrong, Battlefield 1 looks great! But let's be real, its basically a new Battlefield with a WW1 skin. But CoD on the other hand looks to bring a lot of new gameplay elements to the table.
I'm not really on board with Battlefield 1. It's a little weird seeing a what appears to be a Western Front battle in WW1 with tanks everywhere, gigantic airship involved in ground battles, and every other soldier carrying an automatic weapon.

At first I thought it was a new Killzone but then I realized Guerrilla was already tied up on Horizon.

It looks way better than I expected, which means it will probably be worse then it looks. Call of Duty IN SPAAAAACE ought to get some attention though.

RS4-

I wish this was some sort of WC, and then half way through you realize it's COD.

Looked great, gonna wait and see hwo it turns out.

It depends on how many of those elements are regularly used, or if they're just another one-off part of a scripted gameplay sequence like almost every other Call of Duty that has tried something "new"

From a gameplay perspective, it seems like Titanfall 2 has more going for it

Kalentan

CharlieIntel says they got confirmation the demo space flight section was not on rails.

My guess is that players could probably fly pretty far, but I'm sure they will put a boundary, like a countdown where if you go too far and don't go back, you fail and restart checkpoint or something like that.

Awesome, that makes it even better. :D

Top Bottom