• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare E3 2016 Demo

Hyun Sai

With my friends, we went from "heeh, another VR space thing !" "Hmm, space battles yeah !" "Oh, they actually landed, FPS mode" "Is it the new Killzone ?" "Holy shiiiiiiit that's insane !"

Then the title, and the sound of silence. None of us would have guessed it lol.

Well, it has mechs, but who knows if it has giant ones.

CharlieIntel says they got confirmation the demo space flight section was not on rails.

My guess is that players could probably fly pretty far, but I'm sure they will put a boundary, like a countdown where if you go too far and don't go back, you fail and restart checkpoint or something like that.

It also looks like you have freedom in "arena" moments, until you move to board the ship, at which point things go on rails.

Nimby

Banned
I don't care for CoD campaigns, so the multiplayer will be the deciding factor for me.

I am content with Overwatch, probably won't even buy for MW:R

Traxtech

Sad reality is, is that regardless of how good it is people will still say it's terrible yadda yadda yet it will still sell a buttload.

I swear half the time people who buy COD are the ones who complain about it for months ahead of release haha, i know a few people like this and it's hilarious

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The fact that I didn't really catch that this was CoD until they were inside the airlock at the end fighting and I was watching the guns fire and you can just tell that it's CoD kickback and audio ... I really didn't know WHAT the hell this was.

And that is a GREAT thing. I am seriously considering the purchase of a new Call of Duty. Haven't said that shit in quite a few years.

Good on you, Devs!!

VanWinkle

This was so BRILLIANT. They KNEW that if they put "Activision" or any kind of indication that it was Call of Duty in the beginning, negative bias would have massively affected the reception of the demo. It would have for me, I know. I spent the whole time thinking it looked amazing and wondering what in the world it was. Never crossed my mind once that it was Call of Duty.

Really, really cool.

LowParry

It's sooooooooooo disappointing that this was a COD game. My Wing Commander vibes were all over the chart at the beginning. Then the shooting started. Bleh. Dreams shattered.

Gator86

That actually looked....good.

WTF??

Yup, basically my response. I might actually want to play this when it comes out. The trailer alone pushed it into rental territory. Probably nothing IW can do to get it to buy-level though, not with Titanfall coming out so close.

I don't know why but this one just didn't click for me. I actually really liked Advanced Warfare, but this one seemed waaay out there. Half way through the demo I was like what game is this (I honestly didn't know) and a friend texted me "That COD is gonna get a ton of hate." I actually had to be told this was COD.

Edit: Seems like a lot of people didn't know either. I guess the departure is a positive for a lot of people.

Kalentan

I don't know why but this one just didn't click for me. I actually really liked Advanced Warfare, but this one seemed waaay out there. Half way through the demo I was like what game is this (I honestly didn't know) and a friend texted me "That COD is gonna get a ton of hate." I actually had to be told this was COD.

Edit: Seems like a lot of people didn't know either. I guess the departure is a positive for a lot of people.

I think it is. In a way the fact that people didn't realize it was CoD and then was like: "Wait? That was Infinite Warfare? Holy shit that looks good."

A lot of the comments on Reddit threads and other's have been like that.

Nokterian

Pass really treyarch did a good job still fun game this looks so bland as can be..good thing there making new DLC for Blops 3 after the season pass ends and yet this from IW? Fuck me bored me to tears.

B.O.O.M

Just finished watching the conference. I may be insane but I honestly didn't even think 'call of duty' throughout the whole thing. It looked fking awesome

xch1n

Possibly the most surprising thing of the show for me. Based on the trailer it seems to hint that the levels and play spaces are a little wider than recent Call of Duties, but that could be demo showmanship. But I'm now paying attention for the right reasons instead of schadenfreude.

Graphically, it looked so bad. I told a friend of mine that I thought this was a game designed for PS VR as it looked graphically underwhelming and so generic looking and he told me he thought the same thing.

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 look way, way, WAY better than this.

It's been a while since I've read a statement as wrong as this. Titanfall 2 has some of the worst AAA game graphics I've seen recently. It's part of the reason why I won't even bother with the game. It looks hideous.

First pass on a COD since 3.

I guess a break was long overdue. Not like the world is lacking in shooters that I enjoy.

Why would you continue buying the same rehashed, uninspired stuff like MW3/BO2/BO3 and not pick this up?

Never understood that with CoD fans.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It's been a while since I've read a statement as wrong as this. Titanfall 2 has some of the worst AAA game graphics I've seen recently. It's part of the reason why I won't even bother with the game. It looks hideous.

I only play games super sampled at 4k resolution on my 720p screen, anything less is unacceptable. Super mario world? Atrocious. Metal Gear Solid 2? Don't get me started.

thenexus6

I didn't realise it was Call of Duty until the title at the end. I kinda forgot it existed.

But I was loving the demo.. I had no interest in this game, and the year is pretty stacked but colour me impressed.

Compsiox

Banned
All the dudebros are going to be unbelievably disappointed with the new COD.

I've talked to many average Joes about Call of Duty and they didn't like how they had to look around rapidly when people used jetpacks/boosters. This is going to be so much worse to them.

I guess that's why they have the remaster tho.

I only play games super sampled at 4k resolution on my 720p screen, anything less is unacceptable. Super mario world? Atrocious. Metal Gear Solid 2? Don't get me started.

Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. Surely that could be the only thing a rational person would deduce from my statement. Congratulations on your rubbish post. Applaud yourself.

Thought it was astronomically better than Battlefield 1 for the mere fact it wasn't set in WW1.

Gonna buy CoD to continue the streak of me playing every CoD game.
Skipping Battlefield for the first time since Bad Company 1.

Compsiox

Banned
Thought it was astronomically better than Battlefield 1 for the mere fact it wasn't set in WW1.

Awful logic. You're a corporations dream consumer.

Production design/art direction was really good to say the least. The game is really nice to look at even if competitors have more powerful engines under the hood.

Awful logic. You're a corporations dream consumer.
I pre-order things so I sure am!

Also I never ever wanted to go back to anything pre modern day stuff. I only got into FPSs AFTER they left the WW2 era. The thought of them returning to anything pre 00s is more than enough to make me not purchase a product to tell them "I want more of this"

biteren

Pass really treyarch did a good job still fun game this looks so bland as can be..good thing there making new DLC for Blops 3 after the season pass ends and yet this from IW? Fuck me bored me to tears.

i guess it helped that our expectations were so low, they were next to dinosaur bones lol

amar212

I was 100% sure I am watching Eve:Valkyrie when demo rolled.

I was amazed how mich experience they gathered from Dust514 and how perfectly shooting is interpolated.

I even said they got shooting and moving mechanics better than Blops3 100x and how I will buy this day one.

And then the title rolled

I couldn't beliEVE.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. Surely that could be the only thing a rational person would deduce from my statement. Congratulations on your rubbish post. Applaud yourself.

I just had to fend your hyperbolic statement that Titanfall 2 looks "hideous" with an even more hyperbolic statement, thus cancelling eachother out and restoring balance to NeoGAF.

bman94

I don't understand why are people were hating on this...shit looks amazing. This maybe my first Call of Duty game.

//DEVIL//

at first i was like heh looks like a star wars wanna be game... then um wow this looks good for VR. is it possible to do VR this good ? i liked the game play allot and i wanted to keep it on my radar. then boom COD.
i was like wuhhh ?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't understand why are people were hating on this...shit looks amazing. This maybe my first Call of Duty game.

The first trailer was really lousy and looked like typical Call of Duty. The space bits just looked like basic one mission set-pieces.

Klyka

Banned

I see what you did there

Saganator

Wow uh... Not sure how to say this.

I'm excited for a Call of Duty game. Call of Duty 2 PC, out over a decade ago was the last CoD game I was excited for.

HiiiLife

I was surprised. Genuinely thought it was some new scifi game letting you transition between space combat to ground combat.

I know a lotta people were digging it, then soon as they saw CoD pop up they automatically said its trash lol. Fuck outta here.

Surprised me, IW.

Bluth54

I haven't bothered with CoD since the first Black Ops but the setting certainly has me interested. I'll probably at least check out the reviews and impressions on this one instead of having it be an auto pass like all the games since Black Ops.

Skux

This looked amazing. BF1 lost a bit of lustre seeing the actual gameplay but CoD really stepped up. That was some crazy Star Wars shit.

Battlefield 1 still appeals more to me for the simple fact that I find Battlefield to be a more satisfying long-term experience (more fun with friends than arcade action), but I dig Call of Duty's stupid fun, and this looks like the stupidest, funnest Call of Duty in ages. After Black Ops 3's meh-tacular campaign, this was exactly what I needed to see to stay interested.

Top Bottom