• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teases new PS4 game

This announcement could only excite those oblivious to the obvious talent bleed that Capcom has endured in the past decade. I implore you to keep your hype levels in check.

Ogawa-san

That thing you're thinking, guys? It won't be that. I'm hoping for something good too, but let's be real: When did Capcom last do something right?
Oh no, it'll be that one thing I'm thinking... but with The Capcom Twist™.

DD2? Sure. F2P. Deep Down was just a codename.
Megaman? Sure. 11.
DMC5? Sure. By the way, you liked new Dante more than the old one, right?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mega Man, Street Fighter, Onimusha.

Any of these will be amazing.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
so much hinting at what is to be announced next-month ho ho ho

It's exciting but sad at the same time. With the shift to mobile, Japanese companies are now at the stage where they have to exclaim loudly whenever they make a console game.

'We have a console game guys! CONSOLE!"

I miss the days where they would announce multiple console games, handheld games and then maybe have that one obscure but interesting looking feature phone title that is exclusive to DoCoMo and has a monthly subscription.

Akiller

RE7 announced during PSExperience wuold make sense,it celebrates the 20th years of PS and RE surely was one the most iconic "Playstation" brands.

sublimit

Banned
Another heartfelt plea for Dragon's Dogma 2.

Despite the obvious flaws and shit sales of the first game I'd just love the chance to enter that world again on next-gen. Just imagine the boss fights @ 1080p 60FPS.

Or at least give us a remaster of the first game for PS4/XBO/PC.I've already bought it twice and i'd gladly buy it a third time.

Kane1345

It's unlikely to be Monster Hunter. That franchise doesn't turn heads in the west.

That's unfortunately true. I love MH but I doubt that will be the game announced. Dragons Dogma 2 or Onimusha sequel then are my wishes then seeing as MH is off the table.

Bl@de

RE7 announced during PSExperience wuold make sense since the brand was born For PS1. PSE celebrates the 20th years of PS and RE surely was one the most iconic "Playstation" brands.

This. And it's financially succesful. And it will be Michael Bay Co-Op Bollocks. :-( Don't get your hopes up

Dragon's Dogma II or even just Dragon's Dogma remastered pls. I would cry, please Capcom.
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Or at least give us a remaster of the first game for PS4/XBO/PC.I've already bought it twice and i'd gladly buy it a third time.

A remaster will do wonders to the image quality and framerate. I don't even want them to add anything or change anything. And I will still buy it.

RE7 announced during PSExperience wuold make sense,it celebrates the 20th years of PS and RE surely was one the most iconic "Playstation" brands.

Don't think this will happen so soon. Would totally destroy any sales potential for Revelaitons 2.

Dragon's Dogma 2 isn't happening either, because Deep Down.

Let's be honest here Street Fighter V or new Devil May Cry. New IP could be possible, too.

DmC2 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Didn't sell 2 mil to get green lit.

If it's Power Stone 3, Rival Schools 3 or DmC 2, then I'll have to stable my socks to my ankles, lest they be blown off.

Come on Capcom, deliver something good.

If I had to make a prediction on what it will be, I would say that the latest Resident Evil game will be announced as a timed exclusive to the PS4.

Korigama

It's unlikely to be Monster Hunter. That franchise doesn't turn heads in the west.
Not to mention that Capcom have no interest or need to invest AAA-level resources into it when it's already profitable when developed on hardware requiring far less.

Xpliskin

Not a resident evil game.
Two REs are releasing this and next year.

If dev started in 2012, it's way too soon to show RE7.

Must be something else.

Devil May Cry 5.
Dino Crisis or Onimusha reboot.
Dragon's Dogma 2.
Monster Hunter.

Who am I kidding... It's probably Resident Evil 6: "Here's the Real Game You Wanted" Edition and the overall design will still be woeful.

tumblr_mjkm9sY3WC1rlb6djo1_500.gif

Coxy

Hoping for Darkstalkers or Power Stone but the mention of overseas already depresses me, hope it isnt another shitty shooter to APPEAL TO THE WEST

sublimit

Banned
Don't see how Dragon's Dogma 2 makes any sense. That game bombed hard.

Over 2 million copies sold (including Dark Arisen sales)is not exactly a "bombed hard" situation.Also Capcom themselves have said that they were satisfied with Dragon's Dogma sales.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Deep Down was never technically announced for a western release was it? It's probably that.

Edit: missed that it was Capcom Japan teasing, ignore me.

Top Bottom