• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teases new PS4 game

Random fact but I did not know that Ono was a producer for Onimusha, this makes me a little excited..
Believe.

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY WHORE MOUTH.
(I'm kidding lol)
But thankfully that is not happening, they're Hellblading right now.
c:

I wonder if NT will be at PSX. It would be really awkward if Capcom does announce DMC5 there!

oh i guess this is probably usf4 for ps4 then huh

man what a bummer. makes sense though

Sony put usf4 on PS Now for PS4 so i doubt they would announce a proper version for PS4.

Elios83

Seems like a new ip to me, using their new next gen engine.
It's definitly not a SF4 port and I doubt they'll talk about RE7 before Revelations 2 is out.

My personal dream would be a reboot of the Onimusha series strictly based in feudal japan but that ain't happening :/

Seyavesh

You do realize NT is approximately 100 man strong whereas the team in charged of that project has roughly a dozen people on it, right?

hmm... that russian site that leaked re:rev2 months in advance did happen to mention a DmC remastered version...

that'd be more like a spit-take entry rather than a head-turner though

Xpliskin

Holy shit so Capcom is working on two Panta Rhei PS4 exclusives.

Nooo,don't tell me.

Sony wants their "bayonetta" so they funded a Devil May Cry game ?

Seeing Kamiya is busy with scalebound.

It'd make sense imo.

cheesekao

Holy shit so Capcom is working on two Panta Rhei PS4 exclusives.

Nooo,don't tell me.

Sony wants their "bayonetta" so they funded a Devil May Cry game ?

Seeing Kamiya is busy with scalebound.

It'd make sense imo.
I don't really see why they'd need to since they have their own hack''n'slash studio Sony Santa Monica.

BadWolf

Something along the lines of a Resident Evil, Street Fighter, DMC etc. Would Sony really be willing to compensate for all those lost Xbone sales?

Sony is in a much better position for those kinds of deals. They are also already collaborating on stuff like Bloodborne and Deep Down.

This new game will likely be for end of 2015 or 2016. The WW lead for the PS4 will be gigantic by then.

Skii

If this is exclusive, I doubt it'll be Dragon's Dogma 2. They'll get a lot of stick from everyone as this is essentially the same as the Tomb Raider deal with Microsoft.

Hexa

Deep Down is already a PS4 exclusive

and yes Capcom is working on another PS4 exclusive

Do you know this for sure?
Recently the listing on Ono's LinkedIn changed from a PS4 game to a TBD game, so that isn't necessarily a source anymore.

Korigama

I don't really see why they'd need to since they have their own hack''n'slash studio Sony Santa Monica.
Probably because they'd want an actually good character-action game for once.

I don't see Sony bothering to pay for third-party exclusives to be likely either way, though.

BadWolf

Do you know this for sure?
Recently the listing on Ono's LinkedIn changed from a PS4 game to a TBD game, so that isn't necessarily a source anymore.

Sony is helping with development, it was mentioned after the initial reveal iirc.

Harmen

A reboot for Onimuscha, that is what I want. A game with similar action horror aesthetics and modern graphics and gameplay would be awesome. No timetravel stuff, just a historical setting.

Top Bottom