• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teases new PS4 game

I'd just like to say that nowhere in the interview does he say that they are working on an exclusive game for the PS4. He was asked if they had anymore PS4 games in development, other than what is currently announced, and he responds by essentially saying, "Yeah, totally, and we'll be revealing one soon." Of course they have more PS4 games in development. They are working on current gen systems now. For all we know, it is a multiconsole release.

It's probably not Dino Crisis 4 as Dino Crisis 3 was critically panned, sold under a million (not on Capcom's Platinum Seller list), and was over 11 years ago.

It's probably not Onimusha as 3's NA sales were "somewhat disappointing" and Dawn of Dreams as a whole "Under performed" according to Capcom. The last entry was over 8 years ago.

It's not Darkstalkers as Capcom has been upfront about the fate of that franchise.

It's probably not DmC 2 as DmC last clocked in at 1.6 million after 22 1/2 months when it was expected to sell 2 million at $60 in the first couple months.

It's probably not Lost Planet 4 as Lost Planet 3 was critically middling and "under performed" according to Capcom.

Sengoku Basara is never coming to the west again after the sales failure that was 3's localization (4 never came), so the fact that they mentioned the West means this series is out.

All other franchises have either been dead for 12+ years or have been Portable/IoS for years at this point.

So my money is on Street Fighter, Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising, or a new IP.

Gbraga

It's probably not Dino Crisis 4 as Dino Crisis 3 was critically panned, sold under a million (not on Capcom's Platinum Seller list), and was over 11 years ago.

It's probably not Onimusha as 3's NA sales were "somewhat disappointing" and Dawn of Dreams as a whole "Under performed" according to Capcom. The last entry was over 8 years ago.

It's not Darkstalkers as Capcom has been upfront about the fate of that franchise.

It's probably not DmC 2 as DmC last clocked in at 1.6 million after 22 1/2 months when it was expected to sell 2 million at $60 in the first couple months.

It's probably not Lost Planet 4 as Lost Planet 3 was critically middling and "under performed" according to Capcom.

Sengoku Basara is never coming to the west again after the sales failure that was 3's localization (4 never came), so the fact that they mentioned the West means this series is out.

All other franchises have either been dead for 12+ years or have been Portable/IoS for years at this point.

So my money is on Street Fighter, Resident Evil 7, or a new IP.

Then it can only be a new JoJo.

lupinko

“It’s gonna be something that will even turn heads overseas.”

I mean if we want to take that as literally as possible ("turning heads overseas" = crazy shocking craziness) then everything points to Megaman.

Capcom has formed a partnership with Comcept to release Mighty No. 9!

vpance

did anyone else find it funny that he says

"it'll even be able to turn heads overseas"

like that's their goal or something... 'make something to make the westerners say 'wow' haha

It means it's going to have stunning graphics. Ass Bleed Unity will finally be dethroned.

Coxy

You're working under the assumption capcom are funding the game themselves, if it's Ono's PS4 exclusive, it's likely part or whole funded by sony, in which case capcoms bad business decisions are hopefully irrelevant

Sony vs Capcom: the Who Needs Marvel or Tatsunoko Edition.

I need them, but would buy this in a heartbeat.

And I agree with others. I would LOVE another Dragons Dogma, but I really see no reason for it to be PS4 exclusive unless Sony is funding it.

Lernaean

Banned

That's a safe bet, i agree, but i doubt that either of them is the 'surprise' they are talking about.

SFV has already been teased, and whenever it comes it won't be 'benefiting from the power of PS4', but rather of the arcade system it will be based on, so that's not it.

RE7 again is a given, i doubt it's the surprise.

DR... i think it's too soon. Also i got the impression that it's the Japan side of Capcom that is creating something that will turn westerner's heads.

New IP? That's Deep Down, i doubt they have another one on the works.

My guess, and my darkest wish, is a japanese DMC. As we know, DmC flopped, i doubt there's another.
What they can do is either have Itsuno make DMC5, or have him reboot the IP, once again, and make the most ambitious, stylish, and crazy DMC to date.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Please! Dragon's Dogma 2! Do it Capcom please!

Shengar

Deep Down 2: Deeper Down (alternative titles: The Deepening or We Need To Go Deeper).
lmao
Dragon's Dogma 2, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
You can't post that without the actual Seal of Awesomeness
tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc.png

Don't see how Dragon's Dogma 2 makes any sense. That game bombed hard.
Not really bombed, the original version of the game debuted at 500k or so in japan while the expansion is at 100k. We don't know the overseas numbers, but it's definitely not bombed as well. It just not hit Capcom's (unrealistic) expectation, possibly hoping to copy the success of Skyrim.
The thirst for Dragon's Dogma 2 on GAF is real. I'm happy you guys love the game too.
Until some 3D game copy or took inspiration from their pawn system, I'll keep asking for Dragon's Dogma 2.

StuBurns

Banned
Dogma probably did bomb despite decent sales. Capcom claimed it was their most expensive title at the time, and I know RE5 was really expensive, even by Western standards.

Dogma 2 would certainly be the most exciting thing Capcom could announce for me, but I just can't see it happening.

pixlexic

Banned
Please no more DMC! How about releasing deep down before a new game?

If it's anything but dragons dogma 2 I can't say I will care.

Gurthang

Banned
DMC 5 pls. Uncannon DMC2 and make a real sequel to DMC4. I wouldn't even mind having Nero as the protagonist again. Just give me another real DMC.

Magwik

Banned
Playstation vs Capcom is a guess from me. They already put Cole in SFxT and Capcom had decent representation in PSASBR so it could happen

Top Bottom