• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teases new PS4 game

Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5 Devil May Cry 5

tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

Fix.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Just because it's F2P doesn't mean it's going to be bad. There are some good F2P games out there.

Maybe some, but just a few. I don`t think Capcom have a good reputation with F2P games? Developers are going this route because they want gamers to empty their pockets for every dime in the long run.

Skii

That would be true of any existing Capcom IP though.

Yeah that is true. The problem is, Dragon's Dogma is a new IP that only came into existence during the late PS3/Xbox 360 era and therefore it has a lot of fans on both consoles. There will definitely be an uproar if it turns out the successor is an exclusive to only one platform as it was with the Tomb Raider reboot.

Onimusha 5 or Devil May Cry 5 wouldn't be anywhere near as bad considering that the majority of the fans were always on the Playstation. Also, Onimusha 4 and Devil May Cry 4 were released so long ago that it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that Sony funding such an exclusive is the only way any sequel would've come into fruition.

Maybe some, but just a few. I don`t think Capcom have a good reputation with F2P games? Developers are going this route because they want gamers to empty their pockets for every dime in the long run.
The way to counter that is to pay $60 on in game content and treat is a full game. No difference and it might be better than some other games at full price.

Amir0x

Banned
What if it is Microsoft like exclusive? So PC would have a version too.

i mean that's fine by me I don't care, but it doesn't fit what seems to be actually happening is all :p

Something along the lines of a Resident Evil, Street Fighter, DMC etc. Would Sony really be willing to compensate for all those lost Xbone sales?

Dragon's Dogma, Dino Crisis, Mega Man (LMFAO)

All I can say is sit back and watch the next few months

cheesekao

Yeah that is true. The problem is, Dragon's Dogma is a new IP that only came into existence during the late PS3/Xbox 360 era and therefore it has a lot of fans on both consoles. There will definitely be an uproar if it turns out the successor is an exclusive to only one platform as it was with the Tomb Raider reboot.

Onimusha 5 or Devil May Cry 5 wouldn't be anywhere near as bad considering that the majority of the fans were always on the Playstation. Also, Onimusha 4 and Devil May Cry 4 were released so long ago that it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that Sony funding such an exclusive is the only way any sequel would've come into fruition.
Wasn't Rise of Tomb Raider confirmed to be a timed exclusive?

StuBurns

Banned

Tomb Raider is older than both of those series'.

Korigama

Which they already have so I don't know what you're talking about :^)
No one claims that God of War is on the same level as the likes of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta with a straight face. A passable action-adventure franchise, yes, in any way exceptional in regards to its combat, no.

DieH@rd

Banned
YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY WHORE MOUTH.
(I'm kidding lol)
But thankfully that is not happening, they're Hellblading right now.
c:

Very small amount of NT employees are making Hellblade. They have one unknown big project active.

cheesekao

No one claims that God of War is on the same level as the likes of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta with a straight face. A passable action-adventure franchise, yes, in any way exceptional in regards to its combat, no.
A mechanicaly complex game isn't inherently better than one that isn't. You may not think it's good but to many others, it is.

Korigama

Very small amount of NT employees are making Hellblade. They have one unknown big project active.
Which would be DmC2 after its predecessor's performance for what reason?
You speak as if no bad selling game has ever gotten sequels before.
Not ones that take a franchise from being in a company's top five to complete irrelevance and overwhelming toxicity, no. They've gone on record saying that they want at least 2 million sales to justify sequels to major console projects, and DmC failed to give them that by being the worst-selling game in the franchise's history.

BadWolf

You speak as if no bad selling game has ever gotten a sequel before.

It's not a question of a sequel being made but rather of which one, the original or the reboot.

At this point I would say there is a much better chance of Itsuno working on DMC5.

Skii

Wasn't Rise of Tomb Raider confirmed to be a timed exclusive?

Is it? I didn't pay too much attention to the whole fiasco. I haven't even played the first game yet because I was told it's an inferior version of Uncharted. I think I have it in my download list from PS+ though...

Tomb Raider is older than both of those series'.
So? The reboot isn't that similar to the original tomb raider games. It's action/cinematic based rather than platforming based.

cheesekao

Not ones that take a franchise from being in a company's top five to complete irrelevance and overwhelming toxicity, no. They've gone on record saying that they want at least 2 million sales to justify sequels to major console projects, and DmC failed to give them that by being the worst-selling game in the franchise's history.
If that were the case there wouldn't be many people clamoring for DMC5, which there is.

It's not a question of a sequel being made but rather of which one, the original or the reboot.

At this point I would say there is a much better chance of Itsuno working on DMC5.
I don't really mind if it's DmC or DMC5. All I want is for more character action games to be made.

Lernaean

Banned

Yes but it's not DmC2. Both DMC4 and the HD Collection sold better than DmC. If, and that's a big if, the decide to make another DMC, it won't be a sequel of the reboot.

A mechanicaly complex game isn't inherently better than one that isn't. You may not think it's good but to many others, it is.

It is. In reality the DMC/Bayonetta games and the GoW/ LoS games are two different sub-genders. They have little in common.

Begaria

A new Breath of Fire would be great...

breath of fire!
:(

It's pretty clear: Breath of Fire VI

You mean you're not excited about the shitty iOS game?

Me too. I'd love a new Breath of Fire game.

I would love a traditional, old school, console RPG Breath of Fire. I still get angry over that god awful looking shit stain they're calling Breath of Fire VI.

cheesekao

It is. In reality the DMC/Bayonetta games and the GoW/ LoS games are two different sub-genders. They have little in common.
I don't think I need to tell you that a 'good' game is entirely up to a person's personal preference. I will not deny that DMC and Bayo are mechanically superior to GoW but whether or not they are more enjoyable is not set in stone.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes but it's not DmC2. Both DMC4 and the HD Collection sold better than DmC. If, and that's a big if, the decide to make another DMC, it won't be a sequel of the reboot.

I wouldn't go that far. We don't have hard sales numbers for the HD Collection, but the remaster alone certainly didn't outsell DmC. That said, DmC is the worst selling entry in the series, though, confirmed.

I really hope that Ninja Theory is working on their own set of projects and have the freedom to expand their own IPs. And not touch the DMC series with a 9 foot pole.

Korigama

If that were the case there wouldn't be many people clamoring for DMC5, which there is.
Except DMC4 sold better than every other game in the franchise, meaning your assessment carries no weight. Should they continue with DmC, however, it's quite obvious the franchise has no future. People not wanting more DmC =/= they don't want DMC5.

Sephzilla

DMC 5 pls. Uncannon DMC2 and make a real sequel to DMC4. I wouldn't even mind having Nero as the protagonist again. Just give me another real DMC.

DMC2 is already as non-canon as it can get. If I remember right its official place in the DMC timeline is far into the future where it will never affect the other games ever. So DMC4 is the proper sequel to DMC1.

We need a proper DMC5.

I need it so bad.

I want the fun Dante back :(

If there's any justice in the world, this game is either:

Dragon's Dogma 2
Dino Crisis
Onimusha

Any of those would cause crazy excitement and hype. So much so that you question why Capcom would choose to do anything different.

Put one of those titles on PS4 and it would huge guaranteed. F*cking hell Capcom, do the right thing for lord's sake.

Although I'm not convinced at all this is an exclusive title mind...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The more I read about this, the more I want it to be Dragon's Dogma 2. When will they be announcing it? Have they given any approximate timeline?

Lernaean

Banned
I don't think I need to tell you that a 'good' game is entirely up to a person's personal preference. I will not deny that DMC and Bayo are mechanically superior to GoW but whether or not they are more enjoyable is not set in stone.

Having more freedom in the combat flow definitely is more enjoyable imo, but my point is that they are completely different, not that one is better than the other, meaning that Sony can be making the next GoW and have a game like DMC too.

I wouldn't go that far. We don't have hard sales numbers for the HD Collection, but the remaster alone certainly didn't outsell DmC. That said, DmC is the worst selling entry in the series, though, confirmed.

I really hope that Ninja Theory is working on their own set of projects and have the freedom to expand their own IPs. And not touch the DMC series with a 9 foot pole.

I don't know about the first part, i'm pretty possitive i had read that the HD Collection had surpassed the DmC sales.

I agree on your second point. I try to say it all the time to avoid misunderstandings. I do like NT, just stay away from DMC.

cheesekao

Except DMC4 sold better than every other game in the franchise, meaning your assessment carries no weight.
What does DMC4 having sold better than every other DMC have anything to do with me telling you that DmC did not plunge the series into irrelevance?

Top Bottom