• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's just not interesting. DMC1 and DMC3 differentiate themselves from DMC4 (and I guess DMC2) by having Dante face a threat that is equal to or stronger than him. In each game he levels up both in game and in the story. The start of DMC3 Dante would never have beaten Vergil for example, same for DMC1 Dante and Mundus. That character progression is what makes these character action games go from great to excellent. It's different for Superman which is a comic as DMC is a game.

Plus if we still think of DMC2 as canon then Dante still has more untapped potential in his DDT (Desperation Devil Trigger). My guess is that another event had to have happened for him to get that ability. No way is he going to unlock that potential fighting chump demons.

I don't think that an interesting story necessarily must be based on the Sparda family line or feature the next "milestone" in Dante's life. What you need are interesting and engaging NPCs/adversaries, enough for a player to get invested in it.

Unfortunately, that's also much harder to accomplish.

SoilBreak

Banned
All this Dragon's Dogma love in this thread.

ibjRaT6fcQYzJd.gif

I NEED A NEW ONE CAPCOM

Kuja9001

Banned
This. The guy is a demon hunter by trade so villain of the week style story telling fits the universe just fine.

Beyond that, I'll never buy that Itsuno's Dante is the same character as Kamiya's so I'm not too concerned with his supposed character progression.

I salute you, we think just alike.

I've had "fans" get mad because I said something similar.

I don't think that an interesting story necessarily must be based on the Sparda family line or feature the next "milestone" in Dante's life. What you need are interesting and engaging NPCs/adversaries, enough for a player to get invested in it.

Unfortunately, that's also much harder to accomplish.

I could see a Devil May Cry game with a story/narrative similar to Supernatural(tv series), not sure if Capcom has the writing chops to pull that off though.

Spaghetti

full reboot or bust, and it has to be by a team with a concrete idea of what they want to do with the franchise.

re6 was designed on the back of current gaming trends and ended up a confused mess

re5 was trying to be re4 and became utterly forgettable as a result

both of which were a result of capcom not having a fucking clue what to do with resident evil

Listen GAF, I completely understand that most of you want Dragon's Dogma....

.... But the series is successful enough, let Resident Evil redeem itself by making an RE2 REmake. I want a new DD as much as the next guy, but I'm sorry,I want a REmake so much more.

Hoo-doo

Banned

.... But the series is successful enough, let Resident Evil redeem itself by making an RE2 REmake. I want a new DD as much as the next guy, but I'm sorry,I want a REmake so much more.

Seriously. You want a remake over a brand new current-gen Dragon's Dogma? Naw, son.

I have RE2 installed on my PS3, it's still great. No remake necessary. Capcom needs to look forward, not back.

Akiller

I don't trust Capcom, but I trust Itsuno.

Damn, I still have to play Dragon's Dogma...

Maybe for Capcom RE7 is the right low-risk project to jump into next-gen.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I don't trust Capcom, but I trust Itsuno.

Damn, I still have to play Dragon's Dogma...

Maybe for Capcom RE7 is the right low-risk project to jump into next-gen.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is on EU PS+ right now if I recall correctly, don't know about US.

G-Fex

Is there anything else RE that could make this a really lame announcement?

Also I really hope Capcom learned from the mistakes made with RE6. That game was terrible.

Capcom is terrible. Terribly stupid if they toss out the amazing RE6 combat mechanics.

It would be a lame announcement if it was Operation Raccoon City 2

Com_Raven

Is there anything else RE that could make this a really lame announcement?

Also I really hope Capcom learned from the mistakes made with RE6. That game was terrible.

I was wondering if it could be anything Germany-only, but can't think of something off the top of my head, especially as they called it "important".

Pennywise

I was wondering if it could be anything Germany-only, but can't think of something off the top of my head, especially as they called it "important".

There are a few possibilities.

Capcom had the USK look over older Resident Evil titles once again, they're gone from the Index and could be part of the PSN.

Jawmuncher

If we get a movie tie in game than it's going to be another western affair.
Just want to point out rumors for that sort of thing have popped up plenty of times before and were always fake.

I keep saying it but It's going to be a capcom revival of sorts since they even said in another interview that when the weather warms we were going to find out about it. E3 is in the summer in Cali. Doesn't get much warmer than that.

djshauny

Banned

Same here.

I hope its a RE2 remake :)

Nzyme32

Slightly off topic, but do you guys recall the name of the game that everyone seemed to be excited about several months back similar to good old horror ways of resident evil?

I think it was a Japanese made game and they put out a bunch of cryptic teaser videos before announcing it?

Just want a release date for Deep Down in NA. Could care less about a new resident evil with the way that series is going.

Also Dragon's Dogma PC port please.

Santiako

Slightly off topic, but do you guys recall the name of the game that everyone seemed to be excited about several months back similar to good old horror ways of resident evil?

I think it was a Japanese made game and they put out a bunch of cryptic teaser videos before announcing it?

The Evil Within?

Top Bottom