• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CGI reboot of Courage the Cowardly Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but Freaky Fred, who is that in your avatar? I believe that you had the cartoon Freaky Fred, but now have his new guy who is a dead ringer.

albino-indian-family-600x608.jpg

I searched my name on GAF and this old post made me laugh my ass off

Damn Neogaf stop hating on everything, I would have prefered 2d animation to but the CGI clip is very in tune with the look of the show

Nikodemos

Ehh, it's not that bad. Reminds me of the CGI used in Season 3. Pretty good individual animations on Eustace's heap (when the headlamps/fenders jiggled). Needs a bit more crudely drawn 2D in some places for that extra nostalgia (like that crappy stickline caricature of Dilworth that was framed on a wall in the original series). Maybe make the nightmare sequences 2D (as an inversion of the original). Also needs a bit more... hmm, for lack of a better word, 'grimyness'. Nowhere, Kansas was a dusty run-down hole.

I was really sad that Sheep in the Big City didn't take off properly. Though I suppose this is because it was terribly mispresented. It had the appearance of a young kids show, but not a single joke/punchline was understandable by them (it had actual 'adult humor').

I need help identifying Christmas songs from Season 4 Episode 1: A Beaver's Tale/The Nut Cracker.

I really like these songs, but I don't know their titles. :(

KiN0

cg looks way to clean. But, I loved the original because it used so many different techniques to bring the stories to life. As long as they can do that, I'll deal with it. Even though I prefer the traditional animation.

I....liked it, except for Eustace's voice. It just reminded me of that one CGI digital fetus guy who everyone always quotes from the show, so I can't see anything wrong with more of that.

I hope it gets picked up. I'd prefer 2D, but I liked Courage as a show and I'd be happy to have it back in any form as long as it still keeps the same story style. Just making it 2D, wont make it good. Look at Thundercats.

Also, please more of Fred. Thanks.

TuXx

The CG is a little eh, but I could easily get over it. Hope it gets picked up. Cartoon Network would be doing a service by introducing Courage to a new generation of kids.

Can't say I'd want it to come back if it ended up looking like that. The 2D animation coupled with the occasional extremely creepy 3D CGI was what made the show great. It just wouldn't be the same if the entire thing was in this cheap looking style as I don't see how they could really differentiate the weird things from the rest of the scene.

Eh, it looks alright, I suppose. Too much like that crap Garfield CGI thingy, though. Too clean, too rounded. It had better be rough, surreal, and amusing.

Squishy3

I think it works considering they had already used CGI for some quick cuts in the old series if I recall. It wasn't often, but it was there.

zeemumu

Eh, it looks okay. They've got the atmosphere of Courage down.

Besides, you can make some pretty freaky imagery even with the worst of CGI

Mr+Clipboard.gif

Goliath

Yuck! I never liked Courage. It had one or two OK episodes but they all felt the same and most of the characters are unlikable and the sound effects were so annoying.

Of all shows to reboot I would leave this alone. How about a reboot of ReBoot!

zma1013

It's okay I guess but I'd rather have the regular show's exact 2D animation style. I guess 3D is just more convenient these days and kids are now used to them. Still, I await the return of one of the most twisted cartoons to come back on the air.

It was the juxtaposition of the 2D and 3D that made those scenes work in the original show. I don't know if it can still be legit creepy if its all done in one style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom