• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CGI reboot of Courage the Cowardly Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great thing about this cartoon was that it was creepy not just for kids but also for adults. It was grotesque, darkly comic, and haunting. My 6-11 year old cousins love watching it whenever it comes on TV now.

This Fog episode wasn't particularly up there, but it's a great proof of concept on the art direction being faithful.

Oh god, Courage was such a huge part of my childhood, specially the Cartoon Cartoon pilot about the alien hen. I would love to see it back in CG form for kids nowadays. So I've sent that feedback message to Cartoon network.

Also, I hope they bring back Johnny Bravo. That was my fave

jwk94

Oh god, Courage was such a huge part of my childhood, specially the Cartoon Cartoon pilot about the alien hen. I would love to see it back in CG form for kids nowadays. So I've sent that feedback message to Cartoon network.

Also, I hope they bring back Johnny Bravo. That was my fave
Could Johnny come back? He was.... Quite misogynistic.

zeemumu

That was pretty good. The show transitions into CGI really well. Eustace's voice will take some getting used to but it's not bad.

I liked it

Eustace new voice is different but it's a lot better than the original voice replacement they had in the original series.

Wish it would get a new series instead of two movies but CN only seems interested in comedy shows these days.

SalvaPot

I like the CGI, if I get more courage with this then I can´t complain.

Also the people who say that the series is been raped and/or ruined can go suck a saxophone, take chances with life. If the CGI reboot sucks that won´t ruin the original show, just ignore it and move on.

Lijik

Could Johnny come back? He was.... Quite misogynistic.

I think what made Johnny work was the show knew he was in the wrong. There was even that ep where he becomes a woman through a curse or something and cant stand having to deal with men who act like he does

EDIT- Halfway through the short. I like the animation a lot. They nail Courage's extreme takes and that strikes me as the biggest hurdle the show would have had to overcome in cg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah but he was an asshole and always got his comeuppance. It's kind of weird how that show got through but it'd now just be feel like a PUA advert :p

Comeuppance? Some episodes the most he did was flirt with women and was immediately tazed for it. If anything, a lot of the throwaway female characters in that show needed to be put in jail.

Comeuppance? Some episodes the most he did was flirt with women and was immediately tazed for it. If anything, a lot of the throwaway female characters in that show needed to be put in jail.
He deserved it, also it was a cartoon so exaggerated responses are cool :)

El Odio

Banned
Wow, that was pretty good. Was that Wallace Shawn as Eustace? I couldn't unhear him as Rex from Toy Story but that was my only issue with it.

IronRinn

Well, it was definitely a Courage cartoon, which is great. Still wish it wasn't CG, but I can probably get used to it. Gonna take longer to acclimate to Eustace's new voice.

Edit: Huh, Wallace Shawn credited as "The Farmer."

I'd be down for them to bring back Courage but I don't know if Johnny Bravo would be able to fly nowadays with certain audiences. The women reacting negatively towards his flirtations was humorous but that would only be able to go so far. After a while, it'd be incredibly stale imo.

jwk94

I'd be down for them to bring back Courage but I don't know if Johnny Bravo would be able to fly nowadays with certain audiences. The women reacting negatively towards his flirtations was humorous but that would only be able to go so far. After a while, it'd be incredibly stale imo.

What if they gave it a sitcom soin like The looney toons show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom