• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic SEGA games receive modern art treatment.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Just hung my newly framed PS print on my wall:

uwV0oFU.jpg

Here it is in context with my living room

U9Trydg.jpg

I said damn

Just got this back from the framing shop. :D

shenmue_print_by_lightningtremlett-d95mf66.jpg

I'm going to put up some picture hooks and mount it later.

When will we get a preview of the upcoming Virtua Fighter piece?

CookBeck

With a slight delay but almost done now: our upcoming Virtua Fighter and Sonic Pieces. They will soon be up on www.candb.com

A small preview (cut-out) of the final 24 x 36 pieces.

Virtua Fighter by the absolutely amazing Gerald Parel (who also did Golden Axe)
AeahdQx.jpg

Sonic. By pixel art king Paul Veer (of Nuclear Throne, Luftrausers fame and everything Vlambeer really).
ZudEkeG.jpg

rezn0r

Slapping myself for not seeing this thread until now. These are awesome, great work! PS is my favorite series, I think I'm going to have to order that one and possibly Shinobi & Shenmue.

Was shocked that it took 3 pages for Ecco requests to show up! Please keep em coming!

With a slight delay but almost done now: our upcoming Virtua Fighter and Sonic Pieces. They will soon be up on www.candb.com

AeahdQx.jpg

Sonic. By pixel art king Paul Veer (of Nuclear Throne, Luftrausers fame and everything Vlambeer really).
ZudEkeG.jpg

They're both really nice.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

AeahdQx.jpg

ZudEkeG.jpg
Looks amazing! Taking a deep breath as I consider going with the dibond option...

CookBeck

Looks great !!! When is the Space Channel 5 due ? I thought it was up next with Sonic and VF.

Loving Cute grumpy Knuckles !

Unfortunately, the amazing artist Veronique Mignaud who was/is working on Space Channel, couldn't finish the piece this summer due to sad family circumstances. She will finish the piece later but I don't have an other estimate release date yet.

CookBeck

Well, they do come with a lifetime quality guarantee on not fading or discoloring so from a hours of enjoyment vs time value perspective these are a good deal in any case ;)

Is this something we should keep doing in the future or not?

Loved the making-of video. It was great to see the image come to life, as well as the different techniques and revisions.

I check this thread almost daily now just to see if any sneak peeks at Eng's Space Harrier have been posted. :)

gunstarhero

A little off topic, but can anyone recommend a decent 24x36 metal frame for these? Preferably white?

I can't pay to get 5 of these framed professionally, so I'm looking for something decent to do myself.

Another option I was thinking about was a frameless frame - but can't seem to find anything of decent quality...

that reminds me that shoothem'up wise : a Thunder Force would just be surreal as a SEGA classic.

I am sure there are some artists who would love to do one.

CookBeck

I recently did an art extraction of VF for The Video Game Art Archive, so there's now some super good quality versions of that art out there now :)

That is by Katsuya Terada. One of the all time greats. Did a lot of Zelda work in the NES days. You should google his Black Marker drawings. Amazing.

We've been a bit slow to release (will pick up again though) but here's the good news: We're going to be doing the exact same program with Konami on their classic game titles! I expect to be able to announce the list of games within two weeks or so.

gunstarhero

That is by Katsuya Terada. One of the all time greats. Did a lot of Zelda work in the NES days. You should google his Black Marker drawings. Amazing.

We've been a bit slow to release (will pick up again though) but here's the good news: We're going to be doing the exact same program with Konami on their classic game titles! I expect to be able to announce the list of games within two weeks or so.

Awesome news about Konami - Twin Bee gets my vote!

BTW - how long till Space Harrier?

Panzer Dragoon was heavily inspired by Arzak (or Arzach, Arzack etc... lol) made by Moebius in the 70's and we know that. We also know Moebius did some art for the box art, but the artist for the game was Manabu Kusunoki, at least for the first one.
Pretty interesting the SEGA response.

and finally i might have context for why they changed "Ken" to "AARZAK" in the Last Battle

We've hit a bit of snag with Space Harrier it seems. Some licensing issue popped up. Will update this week.

Well THAT's a bummer. Is the issue resolvable or is the Space Harrier piece dead? If it's dead, do you think you'll be able to work with Eng on another SEGA property?

CookBeck

This will probably please some people as it has been much delayed and anticipated... A small preview sample of a part of Kilian's Eng's Space Harrier print that is going live next Monday finally at www.candb.com

CkncKcM.jpg

CookBeck

Actually, the full piece would indeed look right at home on a late 70s, early 80's arcade machine now that you mention it.

gunstarhero

This will probably please some people as it has been much delayed and anticipated... A small preview sample of a part of Kilian's Eng's Space Harrier print that is going live next Monday finally at www.candb.com

CkncKcM.jpg

Oh man - this looks like it's going to be perfect. Hopefully he get's the size right this time tho ;-)

CookBeck

It's a 36 x 24" with an even small white order on all sides this time :)

Like our Golden Axe, VF and Shinobi ones.

Top Bottom