• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's campaigning with pneumonia???? She really needs to take a couple of days off and get some rest. Let Trump make an ass of himself.

Man I had pneumonia in both lungs back in HS. Parents thought I was faking sick so I could stay home from school, till I mentioned night sweats and finally they took me to the hospital. I don't remember it being as painful as bronchitis or strep throat, but I do remember playing In My Time of Dying a whole bunch so it must've been a whole lot worse than I remember it.

I can't believe the health scares were simultaneously 100% wrong and totally accurate.

She's campaigning with pneumonia???? She really needs to take a couple of days off and get some rest. Let Trump make an ass of himself.

She'll probably just be resting till the debates, it takes a couple weeks to recover from.

Hycran

Banned
Donald J Trump: First, she destabilises the middle east, now, she can't even stabilise herself! Pneumonia invaded her body like Mexicans are invading the US! Sad!

But yeah, take a break, not like people won't vote for her if she takes a week of

Kevinroc

Hopefully she recovers quickly. I had pneumonia last year, and it was not pleasant. I can't imagine trying to run a Presidential campaign on top of that.

CsGoZrRWIAQlZGz.jpg

she looks deathly

They could just get Tom Petty to do her public appearances while she rests up.

mreddie

God Trump will be on Dr. Oz this week to talk about bullshit, how much you wanna bet he'll take prime advantage over this and be a jackass all week long.

erawsd

So Trump's people have been spinning a story for two months about how Hilary is practically dying and medically unfit to be president... and now she passes out at a 9/11 memorial event.

This election...

Plum

Look on the bright side, what can Trump say other than "Well wishes" that wouldn't paint him as unsympathetic? By putting this out in the open they've basically stopped one of Trump's potential methods of attack.

At least I hope this is the case. The levels of stupidity in some people can be surprising.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sad that in any other year (or if she was a man) she could have just come out a week ago, said, "Caught an illness, taking a week off", and no one would have thought anything of it.

So instead of wishing her well people(not necessarily here, but elsewhere) are just going to cry that she isn't fit to be president right?

Love humanity.
One of my mom's "friends" on Facebook posted a meme with her coughing and asking if there's a doctor in the house. The next image was of Jack Kevorkian. So yeah.

Here's hoping she makes a full, healthy recovery.

Clockwork5

:/ yeah it can be real dangerous the older you are. Luckily, she's probably got top doctors looking after her.
If she has pneumonia she should be resting, not campaigning.

She has had this cough for quite some time now, I would think top doctors would ensure things like today's scare wouldn't happen.

Campaigning with pneumonia has to be unbelievably brutal. Props to her for doing that and I hope she didn't make the situation worse.

On the other hand lol at all of the people who said it's perfectly normal for everyone to faint when it's 80 degrees out

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Pneumonia? How long has she had this? Doesn't it take like 2 weeks at least to recover from?

She really should have announced this when she was diagnosed.

To be honest as pneumonia is completely treatable, I don't really see how this was anyone else's business.

Damn pneumonia on kids and old people is serious guys. Hope she rest well and recovers quickly.

Yeah I was in the hospital for a week. I'm honestly amazed she managed to do a couple of fundraises, campaign rallies, and a forum with it.

Clockwork5

Look on the bright side, what can Trump say other than "Well wishes" that wouldn't paint him as unsympathetic? By putting this out in the open they've basically stopped one of Trump's potential methods of attack.

At least I hope this is the case. The levels of stupidity in some people can be surprising.
Nope. Trump doesn't care about appearing unsympathetic.

Carnby

Apparently it can take 6 to 8 weeks to recover from pneumonia. I wonder how far into the future this will effect her planned appearances.

Caught pneumonia in both lungs during a Halloween event in Florida while I was in high school. I could not stop coughing and I felt like the grim reaper was throttling me Homer Simpson-style. Hope Clinton recovers soon.

I recommend she stay in bed all day playing Transformers games, worked for me.

I don't think Trump cares about appearing sympathetic here. If he does wish her well, it'll have an obvious angle to it.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It's not surprising she has still been active despite her diagnosis. A lot of people have a hard time relaxing. It's something that bothers the shit outta me because I know like 3 of them personally. A go getter like Hilary is the type to keep pushing things until she's got no choice but to sit down. Maybe this incident has shown her she's got to take it easy. Hope she gets better soon.

How can we be sure it's pneumonia and not advanced dimensia? Old people don't get pneumonia unless there's something else wrong. Maybe she should have deleted those microbes like she deleted those emails!

Protein

Banned
I'm not sure how independents on the fence would be swayed by this.

Non-political independents:
"well umm... im not sure but...umm... she got sick n she could die i guess...??"

Anti-establishment independents:
"Bro, both parties are the same, bro. It's all run by the lobbyists, bruh. Vote Gary Steinson."

Conservatives that claim to be independents:
"I'm not racist but, Trump is the only logical choice if she's going to succumb to illness."

Plum

Nope. Trump doesn't care about appearing unsympathetic.

Doesn't care doesn't mean it won't hurt him. Kicking someone when they're down (or, in this case, when they have a horrible illness) is almost universally considered cowardly and just generally poor behaviour. Further questions or insinuations that her campaign is lying/covering something else up will just make him seem like a conspiracy nut.

Clockwork5

Doesn't care doesn't mean it won't hurt him. Kicking someone when they're down (or, in this case, when they have a horrible illness) is almost universally considered cowardly and just generally poor behaviour. Further questions or insinuations that her campaign is lying/covering something else up will just make him seem like a conspiracy nut.
You think?

Stopped?

Lol you are delusional if you think that. He is gonna pound on it till you are sick of hearing about it. Especially now that he has been "proven" right.

Since when does Trump care about sounding sympathetic? The guy took shots at parents who lost their kid in a war. He does NOT give a fuck. Watch him double, triple and quadruple down on his "Hillary is sick" narrative. And watch media run wild with it.

Gaf lives in a bubble I swear.

pigeon

Banned
I'm sad that the other thread was closed before I had the opportunity to identity all the alt-right GAFfers that came out of the woodwork to spread misinformation and do their best to promote white supremacy.

Plum

You think?

Stopped?

Lol you are delusional if you think that. He is gonna pound on it till you are sick of hearing about it. Especially now that he has been "proven" right.

Since when does Trump care about sounding sympathetic? The guy took shots at parents who lost their kid in a war. He does NOT give a fuck. Watch him double triple quadruple down on his "Hillary is sick" narrative. Adn watch media run wild with it.

Gaf lives in a bubble I swear.

I didn't say he wouldn't say anything about it, but right now he really needs to appeal to people other than his core base and doubling down on the health conspiracy narrative will do the opposite. It stops that method of attack by making it very ineffectual at doing the task he's supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom