• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

That sucks. My dad had it a few months ago. Antibiotics worked pretty quickly for him. I hope she too is able to recover quickly. Take some time off...

Yeah, Trump will definitely use this to attack her. Luckily he's incompetent enough that it'll blow up in his face anyway,

Yeah, he would be smart to actually just let this play out. Him going after her for catching pneumonia would backfire so hard.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Also, Trump needs to get hauled over the coals for releasing that (actually hilarious) joke of a "medical report"

Clockwork5

I didn't say he wouldn't say anything about it, but right now he really needs to appeal to people other than his core base and doubling down on the health conspiracy narrative will do the opposite. It stops that method of attack by making it very ineffectual at doing the task he's supposed to do.
This elderly woman has pneumonia, a serious health condition for anyone.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yeah, he would be smart to actually just let this play out. Him going after her for catching pneumonia would backfire so hard.

He won't dare. He'll let others try for him.

Anyway, this is (probably) an acute rather than a chronic thing. Hopefully she recovers quickly.

I know what optics means. I'm pointing out how people rely on the electorate being idiots that we can therefore predict whatever nonsense theories we have and then simply point to "optics" to "prove" the point. It's not particularly convincing logic.
I'd love to be wrong. It'd be nice if this was old news by tomorrow but I think you and I disagree on the intelligence of the electorate, especially people that are still undecided at this point.

It's not a conspiracy anymore. This elderly woman has pneumonia, a serious health condition for anyone.

But treatable, and only recently diagnosed. The 'conspiracy' was she had some unknown fatal condition and was only being kept alive by arcane majicks preventing her soul from exiting her body.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It's not a conspiracy anymore. This elderly woman has pneumonia, a serious health condition for anyone.

My Dad had it last year @ 68. Chillin' nice and healthy today. I'm betting Hillary's got better doctors. She'll be fine. Full strength by the debates for sure, in which the elderly woman will wipe the floor with the idiot man.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I had viral pneumonia about 8 years ago at 26 and that was the closest I've ever been to death. 103-104 degree temperature and minor hallucinations! The doctors can't do much other than prescribing alternating larger than normal quantities of OTC ibuprofen and Tylenol to bring the fever down. They probably have more tricks in a hospital though.

I can't imagine catching it at her age. Yikes. Hope she gets better.

Plum

I know it's not a conspiracy, read my post again.

"and doubling down on the health conspiracy narrative will do the opposite"

Doubling down in this sense means Trump implying that there's still something more they're not telling us.

Lucreto

She shouldn't have shaken hand with those old people.

Seriously, she should be resting but not attending a 9/11 event would be used by Trump.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Damn, pneumonia, especially at her age is pretty serious. I guess not showing up to a 9/11 memorial would be pretty bad, though.

kierwynn

Yeah I was in the hospital for a week. I'm honestly amazed she managed to do a couple of fundraises, campaign rallies, and a forum with it.

Really- when I had pneumonia, all I could do was lay in bed and eat grapes. Spent 4 days in the hospital... I couldn't imagine trying to do half of what she's doing. Hope she gets some rest and gets better soon!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Isn't going to public areas (especially huge events) while having pneumonia a dick move?

That can kill people.

Not really...she has had the bad cough for ages.

*Shrugs* mom got pneumonia, it cleared up and then a week or two later she passed out. Came back and had a mucous clog in her lung (her doctor is a moron and, before testing, tells her she probably has cancer).

So yeah, its like a common cold.

Xe4

Banned
Hope she gets better. I've never had pneumonia, but I heard it blows. And yeah, conservative sites gonna go crazy. They've been going with the Hillary is dying angle since her at SOS. Funny, as one candidate released their full medical records, and it wasn't Trump.

People so afraid to have a negative talking point on Clinton they think they can block it out by wishing really hard?

Thankfully she's okay and Trump hasn't done anything in response to this episode that justifies the vitriol, spin and hyperbole from some of her most ardent supporters.

Cerium

Uh, pneumonia sucks, but it's not a chronic condition. It takes a few weeks to recover and then it's gone. It'll make campaigning a bitch but it has no bearing on her ability to serve as President.

Pneumonia is scary for older folks. Hope she gets better soon. Looking forward to reading all the posts of people declaring a state of emergency or downplaying at every opportunity.

Not really...she has had the bad cough for ages.
The things that give you a lasting bad cough that are actually worrying are like... tuberculosis... COPD? Parkinson's?

Hillary Clinton does not have tuberculosis. Or COPD. Or Parkinson's.

It's way more likely to be asthma. Or acid reflux.

pigeon

Banned
Isn't going to public areas (especially huge events) while having pneumonia a dick move?

That can kill people.

Pneumonia is not itself a communicable disease or anything.

The thing you had that gave you pneumonia may or may not be communicable. If it's allergies then it's not communicable.

She was posing with and touching kids and elderly people.
Since this Friday? Then yeah, that is a little irresponsible. Touching them isn't bad (you don't need to wear contact precautions for droplet diseases in hospitals), but obviously if she can touch them she can probably also cough on them.

Also yeah, I didn't think about that it may just be allergies out of control.

erawsd

You think its gonna be a good look to attack her for this, especially considering what an idiot he is, constantly putting his foot in his mouth?

Theyve been attacking her health for months, this just feeds into that and makes a few more people think hes right.

You think its gonna be a good look to attack her for this, especially considering what an idiot he is, constantly putting his foot in his mouth?

He's been attacking her health for the past few weeks and has closed the gap. I'm not saying this helps him any more but continuing on the same path but with so called "proof" now is something he'll do and probably won't backfire because the people voting his way or considering voting his way find the issue serious, regardless of whether it is or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom