• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They should have released this info after the coughing fit became national news instead of parading her around as if everything was fine and having her possibly hurt herself fainting on the sidewalk today
I think it's better this way, that way it at least looks like something recent as opposed to an existing illness of hers.

But yeah, pretending a candidate is in perfect health is just the name of the game and if this has been an ongoing thing, it's of no real advantage to cop to it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, and she was out while being that sick and at her age? Incredible resilience this woman has.

It's a shame Trump will spin this to his benefit and people will fall for it.

Is "optics" the new "don't have to explain shit" meme? People keep tossing out the word whenever anyone else points out their arguments make no sense.
Optics refers to how the electorate will interpret something. I am saying this Doctor's statement explains the coughing but doesn't do a good enough job to explain today's incident. It's good enough for me personally, but that doesn't matter and it's not the point.

iMax

meanwhile

CWNQLAIWUAANEDb.png

MechaX

Shit, when I had pneumonia last year and still attempted to work, it was like being on death's door. I can't even imagine someone going out campaigning in the middle of it.

I wish her a speedy recovery, because no one deserves that.

Kenai

Pneumonia is the worst. Felt like I was going to die before 12 hours of antibiotics. Her walking around like that is hardcore.

Betty

Banned
So about those debates...

Shouldn't she cancel them? I mean this condition affects the lungs and can cause shortness of breath and coughing, not really ideal things for doing a several hour long debate.

Of course she can't cancel them or Trump and his supporters will call it a win for their side but still.

Shouldn't she cancel them? I mean this condition affects the lungs and can cause shortness of breath and coughing, not really ideal things for doing a several hour long debate.

Of course she can't cancel them or Trump and his supporters will call it a win for their side but still.

The debates are a few weeks away. She'll be fine by then.

Jesus, and she was out while being that sick and at her age? Incredible resilience this woman has.

It's a shame Trump will spin this to his benefit and people will fall for it.
To be fair I also think it's a little reckless. A lot is riding on her health and she should take the utmost care to keep it 100. Pneumonia at that age and during such an intense campaign circuit is a recipe for bad shit.

rjinaz

They are still like 2 weeks away. Plenty of time to recover or wait to reconsider at the very least.

Optics refers to how the electorate will interpret something. I am saying this Doctor's statement explains the coughing but doesn't do a good enough job to explain today's incident. It's good enough for me personally, but that doesn't matter and it's not the point.

I know what optics means. I'm pointing out how people rely on the electorate being idiots that we can therefore predict whatever nonsense theories we have and then simply point to "optics" to "prove" the point. It's not particularly convincing logic.

Its in two weeks.

Hope she gets the rest she needs despite it all. I've had pneumonia and it knocked me on my ass for two weeks straight. That shit ain't something you can just try to power through.

rjinaz

To be fair I also think it's a little reckless. A lot is riding on her health and she should take the utmost care to keep it 100. Pneumonia at that age and during such an intense campaign circuit is a recipe for bad shit.

She should but when there is a heavy narrative by the right that she is dying, she probably felt like she had no choice on September 11th of all days. Unfortunately, it backfired because she was sicker than she realized apparently.

Pneumonia? Yeah she should stop campaigning, take care of it, send out other Dems, then get back when she's ready.

Like any human, continuing to expend energy working while having this isn't a good thing at all.

And turn it into something political like talking about paid time off or some shit.

Yeah pneumonia can be fatal for the elderly. Not that she doesn't have the best doctors or anything, but it's not to be trifled with at her age.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Pneuomia is pretty serious, especially at her age. Hope she takes it easy and recovers.

hairygreenpeas

Neo Member
Now it's falling into place.

But damn, she's still continuing her campaign efforts. She should definitely take a breather and rest well. Goodness, she seems a force to be reckoned with lol. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom