• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud announced for Smash Bros

Speaking as someone who doesn't care for character legitimacy, Cloud looks fun and was definitely an unexpected surprise that helped partially redeem the conference for me.

Given the ballot ended two weeks ago this was definitely something on the stove for a while, and not a result of the ballot. With that said, I hope Goku's next. :^)

Also, it literally took Neogaf a full minute to load on me. Fucking howling with laughter. The simultaneous tears of joyous hype and furious salt are so real.

tumblr_n50m82ZK1x1qlyfm1o4_400.gif

Memory

It's actually cool, probably will get more Nintendo fanbase into FF.

Every Nintendo console and handheld apart from Wii U has had a Final Fantasy game i believe, obviously the mainline games jumped to other consoles since 7 but Nintendo has had some awesome spin-offs.

EDIT: I agree with you by the way :) , i don't know why so many people treat gaming like some kind of apartheid.

literally anything is fucking possible there are no limits

Microsoft get on that good shit and let Nintendo use Banjo-Kazooie!!!
or master chief ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MagnesD3

Happy for you Cloud fans, my heart hurts though because Wolf is still nowhere to be found (that space tease :( )

With a dream type character like cloud joining smash maybe my dream of Banjo Kazooie joining really can come true...

SeanR1221

Very weird pick. He has no positive history with Nintendo and it feels like he's just promoting SE.

There are way better FF picks that are better associated with Nintendo.

KarmaCow

This does make sad that Snake is doomed to be stuck in Brawl instead of SSB4 with all the other characters. He was too early. :(

PSqueak

Banned
Best part of the trailer?

Square Enix being dramatically added to the company list in the credits.

A nice touch hehehe.

Sadist

Somewhere, in a bar there are two men sitting in a dark corner, talking to each other in a muffled voice;

"So hey, did you hear from the Nintendo guys? About Smash 4? I heard they liked you participating in all of those brawls. Well except for Yoshi. He didn't care much for Otacon I hear"

"Yeah, that's what I heard as well. Still, no invitation. Heard Sonic got one this time around. Makes sense though. These days he gets those pitty invites from Mario. Mustache man hates what Sega did to him. Well that's what you get for getting in with the y-"

"SSSHHH! Dude, seriously, ix-nay on the ster-gang-ay!"

"Oh right. Sorry. Slip of the tongue. Damn Foxdie. Makes me lose control you know?"

"Just shut up and take a gulp of that pint man"

"So... what about you?"

"Yeah, they gave me one. I still don't know what to do."

"Well... you could always head to PASBR- PFFF HAHAHAHAHAHA I'M SORRY HAHA"

"HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah. Sure. Great idea there. Man I dodged a bullet there."

"Tell me about it. Kept getting texts from Raiden. Catering was really, really poor. He also told me Kratos was a total dick. No surprise there. "bla bla bla, I've slain gods, what did you guys every do to get invited?" Ugh. Asshat. Well, that Drake dude was nice. Bit obsessed with some messageboard calling him a psycopath mudering jerk. Still, Raiden was pissed I gave him my invite. Worth it to see him pissed hehehe."

"Haha, nailed it!"

"You know it. You've made up your mind, haven't you?"

"Yup. Well, it will be eighteen years late... do you think they'll accept me?"

"Eh, there's always haters."

"Hehe. True. Well they're getting a good pick. I mean, I heard rumours about Lightning getting the spot..."

"Oh oh oh oh stop man, we don't talk about her. EVER"

"Hehe. So, wish me luck?"

"Sure dude. And hey, put a good word in for me with Mario. I swear to god, I never bbq'ed a Yoshi. Also, don't say anything about Big Boss. Seriously. Glory hog."

"Well... time to do this"

I told you guys that there were no rules other than whatever Sakurai thought would be funny.

Great looking character, will buy the second he goes up. I still can't believe the madman did it.

LAA

Can't believe it happened either. Didnt think about FFVII HD possibly on NX, possible I guess?

From this though, I'm just hoping Sora/Layton/AceAttorney could happen. Though for Sora, I guess it's more down to Disney than SE actually...that and it'd probably mean a Sora amiibo. They may not like that if they see amiibo as a competitor for infinity, which I don't really think it is personally.

AGITΩ;185236166 said:
Unless this is an indication of a FFVII or any Mainline FF thats from the PS era coming to Nintendo systems, then idk why this is a thing. Especially when nothing came from the Solid Snake in Brawl deal, but then again Twin Snakes was a thing and so was MGS3D...

Because every Nintendo character with a heap of mainstream appeal and instant name recognition is already in smash. the 3rd-party characters are their best bet for grabbing the eyes of people not already deeply invested in the series. The smash special can announce ballot winners or dlc that turns out to be deep cuts from franchises whose stars are already in the game because it's targeting people who already love the series.

also what the other people said: ff has had tons of nintendo platform entries, and he's the most famous face.

though if nintendo has actually taken steps to fix the 3rd party situation on nx they could be trying to grab ff ports

Percy

Banned
Pointless addition.

If they had to go for any Square character, Crono would have made more sense, if it had to be an FF character, one that's actually been in a Nintendo relevant FF would have been better (Kain? Shadow?).

Feels a bit too much to me like the only reason to go for Cloud is because that's the character that'd get the most attention when announced :/

Best troll inclusion ever! I love it!

I'm gonna go ahead and guess this is actually just one of the playable Final Fantasy characters that'll be included, as part of a bigger deal (see chokobo hats) but presented like this for maximum craze.

Sakurai, we are not worthy.

Steejee

literally anything is fucking possible there are no limits

Microsoft get on that good shit and let Nintendo use Banjo-Kazooie!!!
or master chief ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At this point it should be Nintendo's goal to get a 'mascot' from every gaming platform ever released into Smash.

It would be glorious.

Anyone mad is legit crazy. This was the best smash reveal since Sonic. I geeked out like a baby then and I geeked like a baby just now. It's the what if of what if crossovers. Dreams are becoming reality. I've never wanted Goku but at this point in all for him being in smash now!

Top Bottom