• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud announced for Smash Bros

How dare Sakurai sully the good name and reputation of the Smash Brothers series by introducing such a terrible non-Nintendo character into the franchise. I'm so pissed for arbitrary reasons that would make me sound like a crazy person if I actually articulated them

For real, this shit is fucking awesome. Started losing it as soon as the music played because I knew what was coming.

fighter_5.jpg

Smashbros.com render up

Cloud and Midgar stage release date is TBA

Pranay

How does Cloud for smash leads to FF 7 remake coming to NX ?
Snake has been on smash too it didnt mean mgs coming to wii or wiiu

and plus Its already a timed exclusive

MOTHER OF GOD MY MIND

Funny thing is that I was going to start playing through Final Fantasy (alongside Dragon Quest) next year! Maybe I'll get an early start on that...

ALSO PRESENTATION NEXT MONTH OMG

Nah, you could make a case for Snake.

Cloud literally has nothing to do with Nintendo, which is why I (and many others) are so shocked.

If I were to choose a FF rep it'd have to be Warrior of Light.

FF7r must be coming to NX / FF7 PC coming to Wii U.

He's the most famous Final Fantasy character, and the FF series has plenty of entries on Nintendo systems.

I'm fine with him there in that context.

Zomba13

Goku could legit happen now (countless DB and DBZ games) only thing stopping him is licensing issues because maybe something about anime rights and voices and all that for different teritories?

Also Master Chief for Smash. That Halo DS proposal demo mock up thing totally counts.

vazel

Banned
I'm hyped for this but I hope Nintendo doesn't make Smash as incongruent as Super Smash Flash or PlayStation All-Stars.

hunnies28

Out of nowhere. Was not expecting this but I'm also not surprised, regardless of platform, he is an incredibly popular character.

Neff

I think people are reallly stretching when they claim Cloud's prominence on Nintendo platforms.

I don't think that's what's happening. People are merely pointing out that Cloud isn't a stranger to Nintendo in light of rather silly claims that he 'doesn't belong' or has no association with the brand.

But you're right, it's his iconic stature which has earned him a place in the roster, not so much his Nintendo appearances (although this is probably a qualifier).

Who wants to bet FF7| Remake is coming to NX? Also I see these characters as ways to add more, without making it harder to add new Nintendo characters to the next Smash Bros. gotta leave some left you know!

We have Dragon Quest 7/8, 11 on 3DS and NX, no way it's just a coincidence.

What about Ratchet, SLy, Kratos and other of that characters on smash. because i dont see a psasbr sequel on the future.

Well, i dunno whats next...
Maybe Scorpion from Mortal Kombat?

AGITΩ

Unless this is an indication of a FFVII or any Mainline FF thats from the PS era coming to Nintendo systems, then idk why this is a thing. Especially when nothing came from the Solid Snake in Brawl deal, but then again Twin Snakes was a thing and so was MGS3D...

I don't like this, at least Snake had some Nintendo appearances. But hey, a lot of people want him, so I'm happy for them. Plus did we really need another animu swordsman?
Why do we need another character with firearms? we already have Samus and ZSS!!

This should prove to everyone that Sakurai doesn't give a fuck lol

Whizkid7

I'm speechless. Just utterly speechless.

They really did it. They really did it. They actually put Cloud in Smash.

Oh my god...they knew! The Character Battles on GameFAQs knew!

We can actually have Cloud vs. Link now.

Astral Dog

Nah, you could make a case for Snake.

Cloud literally has nothing to do with Nintendo, which is why I (and many others) are so shocked.

If I were to choose a FF rep it'd have to be Warrior of Light.

FF7r must be coming to NX / FF7 PC coming to Wii U.

Yeah but besides those old school games and Twin Snakes, MGS was still mainly a "Sony" franchise, this is shocking, but in a good way because him being on Smash opens the door to the Square titles on NX, but we shall see...

Besides, with the remake and this, must be heaven for FFVII fans, not even Nintendo was left out of that O.O

He's far from my first choice but I'm ok with it. I just hope we get more than one character, I was hoping we could get multiple characters in the next big patch.

Kirlia

Banned
This makes no sense, but I'm down with this. Also, the reactions on Twitter have been priceless.

...can't wait for the inevitable Cloud Amiibo.

gosox333

they picked the most famous from the other company

Nintendo isn't trying to appease hardcore neckbeards

I mean they are, this is proof, but there's a difference between the most famous of the niche and the niche of the niche

It makes so much sense from a business standpoint

jackdoe

How does Cloud for smash leads to FF 7 remake coming to NX ?
Snake has been on smash too it didnt mean mgs coming to wii or wiiu

and plus Its already a timed exclusive
People said the same thing about Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest XI on the PS4. There's a very good chance that FFVIIr will come to the NX after the exclusivity period ends.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
lol what? So that's why GAF has been incredibly slow suddenly.

My girlfriend gonna be happy. Maybe she'll play Smash more than twice now.

Top Bottom