• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud announced for Smash Bros

Highwind

That Cloud!?
Cloud-ffvii-sword.png

To be fair neither was Snake, and i will tell you, this could mean a certain port of an upcoming game may be coming to Nintendos next console ;)

Nah, you could make a case for Snake.

Cloud literally has nothing to do with Nintendo, which is why I (and many others) are so shocked.

If I were to choose a FF rep it'd have to be Warrior of Light.

FF7r must be coming to NX / FF7 PC coming to Wii U.

Red Hood

Banned
Sakurai continue to show people who stupid they are with all their "rules" they think apply to who belongs in Smash.

Yeah, because that says a lot. Have a look at the mastermind behind Super Metroid and the shit stain he came up with regarding Other M. Maybe Sakurai is getting senile.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why not Sora though?..

Seems like he would be a much much better fit considering he's been in multiple games on Nintendo platforms.

Contrary to what the internet thinks, Sora is actually a Disney character.

Gren

I'm really liking that Smash continues to be a melting pot of several different game companies' most popular IPs.

Farsi

Why not Sora though?..

Seems like he would be a much much better fit considering he's been in multiple games on Nintendo platforms.

Sakurai isn't done yet. This was only a teaser, he wanted a direct all to himself for Smash.

Sora could be the next surprise.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
God. If people are this upset about Cloud I fear the reaction when Haruka Amami is revealed in December.

Piers

Why not Sora though?..

Largely because Disney owns him, to my understanding.
That and on a personal level, I associate him with Disney as much as video games, so it'd feel too weird seeing him fight amongst Mario and whatnot.

User1608

Banned
I cannot believe this happened. I remember back in 06-07 when I always suggested Cloud as a joke...it's real now, and I'm glad!

Yukinari

7 pages in and yet some people are still making up arbitrary reasons why a character cant be in Smash.

Do we need Banjo and Shovel Knight in next to stop this shit?

RM8

I don't like this, at least Snake had some Nintendo appearances. But hey, a lot of people want him, so I'm happy for them. Plus did we really need another animu swordsman?

Pizza

Cloud is a spongebob/shrek/goku tier joke pick for smash.

Therefore I expect those three as well. What a garbage pick.

so ive been thinking for a few mins, and it might be me thinking out of the box, but if square enix is lending their characters/IP's to nintendo for smash, maybe its paving the path for geno??

Geno master race :D

If these are the kinds of surprises you have in store then I'm perfectly okay with there not being anymore Smash related leaks.

Pretty surprising. Very excited to give Cloud and the Midgar stage a go!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow this is amazing. I'm a casual SSB fan but having Cloud, probably the icon that launched the PlayStation brand on a Nintendo console is something I thought we would've never seen.

Very curios to find out how this all came to be and the future implications for Square-Enix on the NX.

I wasn't ready GAF. Not at all. That was incredible. I'm retiring my mains for this. The only way I'll replace Cloud is if either Klonoa or Sora get in. My goodness. What a rush!!! That Odin summon. That Bahumut stage damage. Limit Break. AC gear. AUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Illucio

Banned
I know a lot of people in Japan voted for Cloud but I thought that was just a joke..... I can't even right now.

It's cool that he's in but like seriously.. WHY?

I wonder if this means FF7 is coming to Wii U/3DS (The PS1 version) or FF7:Re for NX?

Top Bottom