• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

So why are they calling it a remastered when its clearly a full blown remake?
Arent the words remake feel like more is done (and here its seems completly reworked from the ground up) so it looks like a much better buy than the word remaster?
I suppose they arent really adding new things, but a remake is still a remake.

Also waiting to see Crash's girlfriend (and her new artsyle) that will never appear again lol
EDIT Oh wait, just saw it in some gifs.

Comandr

it looks too clean. loses the texture of the original, now looks like a cheap low budget cartoon.

see the darker mossylook in the original here, feels like a real jungle. compare to the pristine rolling stones in the new one and the bright lighting engine. meh.

But rolling stones gather no moss.

Juicy Bob

Looks great, but they're going to keep the same terrible save system from the original?

I bet it's going to be hard as fuck still too... :/

LordPusha

Wow, this gameplay trailer is absolutely fantastic. Looks like they did a pretty good job remaking the same gameplay feel, really don't get why people are complaining about minute things like the spin?! Do you guys see in slow-motion or something?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Looks great, but they're going to keep the same terrible save system from the original?

I bet it's going to be hard as fuck still too... :/

For Crash 1? No, it has a normal save system like 2 and 3 now. Still gonna be hard as tits to 100% all the games though.

Nicky Ali

I would have pre-ordered this ages ago but they don't seem to have pre-orders open for the UK it seems.

On another note, I wonder why they didn't show Coco at all, considering she's a pretty important character in the franchise. I mean, they've shown the Komodo Bros. before her, which is a bit weird! I would've expected to see her in promo art and stuff.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
I'm hyped! Kinda missing the 'grimyness' of the original (yes I know that was because of the PS1s limitations, but the graphics and the music seem too bright and clean), but it still looks amazing. And it's probably not a huge budget game either.

Sponge

Banned
On another note, I wonder why they didn't show Coco at all, considering she's a pretty important character in the franchise. I mean, they've shown the Komodo Bros. before her, which is a bit weird! I would've expected to see her in promo art and stuff.

I think I know why. If I'm understanding correctly, Activision has only been showing off Crash 1. Even Aku Aku has four feathers as opposed to five he has in other games (and he even has five in the N-Sane Trilogy logo). I'm sure Coco is still in.

LoveCake

Loved the first couple of games, these upgrade does look very nice graphically, is it going to get a physical release?

Good games but I'm not sure this is worth a full price of £40 after playing though them years ago, I am not really into replaying games like this.

Tapejara

I showed my mom and she teared a little. Said it brought back memories of when she played crash with me.

I was watching the trailer on my phone yesterday, and my sister who couldn't see what I was watching instantly recognized the music. Crash brings families together, man.

Jesus Christ at people complaining about the tiniest minutia.

We are getting fucking crash 1,2 and 3 completely redone from the ground up and very very faithful to the original.

"herp a derp, I hate his eyebrows!" "I hate trivial X y z thing!"

We criticize because we care.

More than you, apparently.

Caronte

Didn't like it at all. Wrong colors, slow, he doesn't seem to jump as high... meh.

I agree with the people saying it looks fanmade.

Dereck

zxh9u2E.gif

Just played a level , really enjoyed it. Looks a lot better in person too, the fur was more detailed than the trailer made it look

We criticize because we care.

More than you, apparently.

Just ignore those idiots, they're just salty that were finally getting a new crash after waiting so many years for it and after so many years of them wasting their breath with stupidity like "he's a relic from the past" "the games were never good, it's just nostalgia" now they have to eat their crow while we get to enjoy Crash in HD

latest

Alienous

Jesus Christ at people complaining about the tiniest minutia.

We are getting fucking crash 1,2 and 3 completely redone from the ground up and very very faithful to the original.

"herp a derp, I hate his eyebrows!" "I hate trivial X y z thing!"

Aren't the visuals all that's new?

Crash's eyebrows, and all of the other updated visuals, define what the remaster is. Being disappointed in those aspects seems like a legitimate gripe to have, as they are the entire point of the remaster.

mattp

Didn't like it at all. Wrong colors, slow, he doesn't seem to jump as high... meh.

considering the levels are exactly recreated from the original, logic would seem to say he actually jumps the exact same height

thelastword

Banned
This is the goofiest thing to ever make me misty eyed
So a platformer fan I See...Most definitely, this really brings back an era of awesome platform gaming to 2017....My preorder is secured, can't wait to play these games again.

Very fast and fluid, 60fps I would assume....Can't wait to play this at 4k resolution. I saw this on the stream and was'nt taken aback by the graphics, I guess the compresion, but here the graphics are really good.....4k plus TAA should be bonkers.

Can I get a source on this, because a claim like that shouldn't be circling around without one.

No one has ever said it was PS4 only. That should be telling enough. If it was PS4 only someone would have mentioned it by now and it would be in the marketing.

Activision has done this before for games where they wont announce other multiplatform versions until closer to release. Diablo 3 on console was only ever officially announce for PS3/PS4 for nearly half a year being the most notable example but I think they did it with another.

Would be kinda fun to see Naughty Dog in the credits on a Xbox game though. Would be a bit of a dick move if they dont have a thank you to the original Naughty Dog crash teams in the credits.

It'd be lovely if they took the chance to make the camera pan back a little bit when you're walking towards it. There were a lot of levels that required you to backtrack in the original releases, and they pretty much went against the game's intended design.

That's because it is fanmade. I don't think Naughty Dog is involved at all, and Vicarious Visions have proven that they're big fans of Crash in the past. The GBA games weren't groundbreaking, but I still felt they captured the soul of the originals.

Top Bottom