• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

Roo

p03sriemjl1y.png

From reddit, Remastered is crash 2 model in HD. I'm in love. Who knew it would take this long to finally get his design right.

Man, the one with the tribal tattoos is such an abomination.
Like, whoever came up with it was so desperate to make Crash look cool and modern but miserably failed to do so.

The FEELS man.

Fuck the haters, I loved these games when they came out.

No, it wasn't Mario 64, but it was closer to straight-up PLATFORMING than all but the Bowzer boss stages.

I can't wait. So stoked. Gimme.

maxcriden

The FEELS man.

No, it wasn't Mario 64, but it was closer to straight-up PLATFORMING than all but the Bowzer boss stages.

I'm a big Mario fan but I agree Crash offers much purer platforming than SM64. And holds up better as a result. SM64 was going for something else but I did enjoy Crash more, despite having only played it for the firdt time last year.

p03sriemjl1y.png

From reddit, Remastered is crash 2 model in HD. I'm in love. Who knew it would take this long to finally get his design right.
You can definitely tell. Boy, did they pick right. 2 (and 3 by extension) still has the best Crash design to this day.
Not a big surprise, since 2 is the best one. ;'>

Arondight

Crash looks great but I think the environments colours could do with more work. Dark areas don't look dark/black enough which makes the colours not stand out more.

Very excited to play this as I absolutely loved the original trilogy.

No one has ever said it was PS4 only. That should be telling enough. If it was PS4 only someone would have mentioned it by now and it would be in the marketing.

Activision has done this before for games where they wont announce other multiplatform versions until closer to release. Diablo 3 on console was only ever officially announce for PS3/PS4 for nearly half a year being the most notable example but I think they did it with another.

Would be kinda fun to see Naughty Dog in the credits on a Xbox game though. Would be a bit of a dick move if they dont have a thank you to the original Naughty Dog crash teams in the credits.

ND were actually thanked in The Huge Adventure on GBA (also by Vicarious).

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy-advance/crash-bandicoot-the-huge-adventure/credits

Despite Sony owning them at this point.

Yukinari

p03sriemjl1y.png

I gotta say i love Twinsanity so much despite how unfinished it was.

Travelers Tales put so much love into the game to make it feel like a Naughty Dog title.

Timu

I love that small touch they've added with the boxes falling on Crash's head if you miss them. If you miss too many, the guy is sprawling on the floor at the end. They've really put some care into this game.
Yeah that part was great, lol.

Some complete gameplay of Crash getting all the crates:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-level-1-perfect-run/2300-6436105/

Crash keeps the gems in his gut and burps them up.

Yeah, okay, that looks great. If it's been confirmed that the save system from 1 is distinctly less rubbish than the original, then I'm definitely sold. A platinum trophy per game would also be nice, but is on the lower end of the pile of stuff I really want from this.

Looking forward to seeing some footage from the other games eventually. Warped is one of my all time favourite platformers, hope it's done justice.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Crash looks great, and I can't wait to play this. Though I was expecting more from the envirnoments...

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, okay, that looks great. If it's been confirmed that the save system from 1 is distinctly less rubbish than the original, then I'm definitely sold. A platinum trophy per game would also be nice, but is on the lower end of the pile of stuff I really want from this.

Looking forward to seeing some footage from the other games eventually. Warped is one of my all time favourite platformers, hope it's done justice.

Crash 1 now has a save system like 2 and 3. They are also adding time trials and relics into it as well!

Roo

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-level-1-perfect-run/2300-6436105/

Was actually wondering if there would be anyone good enough to get all the crates at some point.

Two things tho:
1. That was some lackluster gem grabbing sound lol
I was honestly expecting something more akin to the choir "AAHH" you hear in Crash 3.
Not big deal tho. Love they at least share that system instead of the automatic stuff in the original game.
2. I LOVE his stare at the end. The subtle movement of his eyes are like.. my knee is getting tired, are we done here? Like expecting someone to say: CUT!

1. That was some lackluster gem grabbing sound lol
I was honestly expecting something more akin to the choir "AAHH" you hear in Crash 3.
Not big deal tho. Love they at least share that system instead of the automatic stuff in the original game.
That was pretty much the gem grabbing noise from OG Crash 1.

I'd assume they used the one you're talking about for 2 & 3 Remastered.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Uh oh... that "dadabaaah" at the end has me squirming a bit.

edit: I checked out the original and it looks like he does that there too. Fair enough. I just hope they don't insert any "doo doo bla bla bleeeh" in the later games. So far they seem to be handling this really well.

Also, if you get all the boxes but DON'T PICK UP the gem, there's a secret animation for that as well:

https://twitter.com/Stefannn_/status/805537618934972416

Uh oh... that "dadabaaah" at the end has me squirming a bit.

edit: I checked out the original and it looks like he does that there too. Fair enough. I just hope they don't insert any "boo boo da ga bleeeh" in the later games. So far they seem to be handling this really well.

Crash has always made these noises. This is why it's amusing to me that so many people bash on the noises he makes later even when he doesn't rattle them off at length -- because he has in fact always done it. He's made noise in more games than he hasn't.

And the voice actor doing it in N. Sane is the same one as teh "boo boo da ga bleeeh". They know what they're doing. They've directed him appropriately.

Bog

Junior Ace
This looked pretty legit in the sitdown interview footage. Not a huge fan of the originals, but I appreciate what they're doing.

N.Domixis

Banned
Also, if you get all the boxes but DON'T PICK UP the gem, there's a secret animation for that as well:

Crash has always made these noises. This is why it's amusing to me that so many people bash on the noises he makes later even when he doesn't rattle them off at length -- because he has in fact always done it. He's made noise in more games than he hasn't.

And the voice actor doing it in N. Sane is the same one as teh "boo boo da ga bleeeh". They know what they're doing. They've directed him appropriately.

Gat Damn, thats good, thats damngood.gif

Playsage

I'm loving all this respect to the original and the new animations

Can't wait to see "Bandicoot dance" and the yo-yo

Mr-Joker

Banned
Seriously, what is it about the Crash series that attracts so many shitposters?

Fitting a shit game deserve shit post, hur hur hur.

Don't take this post seriously.

You can definitely tell. Boy, did they pick right. 2 (and 3 by extension) still has the best Crash design to this day.
Not a big surprise, since 2 is the best one. ;'>

Same, I have always maintain that Crash 2 is the best of the Naughty Dog trilogy and the most impressive as Naughty Dog pretty much overhauled the entire game from scratch and all in one year.

Though it will be interesting to see how the remaster improves Crash 1, though I doubt that I won't find it boring and just opt to skip to Crash 2.

Sometime I wonder if the Crash game that people played and the game that I played were different or is it a case that people are just seeing things that aren't there.

People keep saying that Crash is wacky and crazy in the original Naughty Dog trilogy when he's never have been.

He's also been pretty mute for the most part and only spoke when he died, at the beginning of Crash 1, when he got a gem in Crash 1 and gibberish in Crash Team Racing.

It was only after the Naughty Dog series did he start become that with Twinsanity.

Turns out Crash has multiple animations for where the Gem comes from...

(@1m20s)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/12/0...bandicoot-n-sane-collection-gameplay-psx-2016

Sometime I wonder if the Crash game that people played and the game that I played were different or is it a case that people are just seeing things that aren't there.

People keep saying that Crash is wacky and crazy in the original Naughty Dog trilogy when he's never have been.

He's also been pretty mute for the most part and only spoke when he died, at the beginning of Crash 1, when he got a gem in Crash 1 and gibberish in Crash Team Racing.

It was only after the Naughty Dog series did he start become that with Twinsanity.

Well I have played every game in the series almost religiously, so, I remember quite vividly :V

I don't know how you can say he's not "wacky" when that's pretty much the whole tone of the games. The major inspirations were Looney Tunes :V

His death animations especially.

N.Domixis

Banned
If I remember correctly, from crash 1 to 3 all words ever spoken were
Oh oh!
Woah!
Ta-dada!

CTR added the gibberish that he eventually uses.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I guess it's just my experience. I started with Crash 2 and 3, and I don't remember him being so noisy. Even in 1 it seems much less frequent than in Skylanders or the Titans games. CTR is where I remember him being the noisiest, and even then it was 90% laughs, cheers, and variations of "whoa", all very brief.

Here, this shows what I'm talking about better. There's a clear distinction between the pre-Jess Harnell Crashes and his. It does seem like that's mostly direction though, not blaming the VA.

If I remember correctly, from crash 1 to 3 all words ever spoken were
Oh oh!
Woah!
Ta-dada!

CTR added the gibberish that he eventually uses.

CTR made him a little noisier, but it was still mostly whoas and laughs. I believe CTTR was the game that introduced the latter-era gibberish fountain Crash.

I guess it's just my experience. I started with Crash 2 and 3, and I don't remember him being so noisy. Even in 1 it seems much less frequent than in Skylanders or the Titans games. CTR is where I remember him being the noisiest, and even then it was 90% laughs, cheers, and variations of "whoa", all very brief.

Here, this shows what I'm talking about better. There's a clear distinction between the pre-Jess Harnell Crashes and his. It does seem like that's mostly direction though, not blaming the VA.

CTR made him a little noisier, but it was still mostly whoas and laughs. I believe CTTR was the game that introduced the latter-era gibberish fountain Crash.

Well, yeah it makes sense for you then, Crash 2 and 3 are definitely his most silent games (other than Twinsanity, where he doesn't even Whoa). But yeah, clearly Jess can do the classic Crash because N. Sane is all him too.

I'm excited either way.

MrBadger

The FEELS man.

Yeah, so fuckin what if I just wanna run forward and do some platforming instead of wandering around finding a number of shiny objects? I don't know what's wrong with simplicity if it's fun and engaging, which Crash is

Wonder if we'll finally see the Crash games get Vita compatibility in the US when this game releases.

Never played these games before, but I think my preferred way to play them would be the originals on the Vita. I suppose I could just play them on my PSP, but that analog nub gives me nightmares.

It felt a bit off in the trailer, but after watching some gameplay videos I think they nailed it. Some weirdness with animation and graphics here and there but they're doing a stand-up job.

Looking at most of the footage available, it has grew on me, it's just the tiny things in areas that could be improved. The UI stuff and font that's already been mentioned, some of Crash's animations, and for me, the music and SFX.

Mainly the music because there seems to be a MAJOR LACK OF COMMUNICATION between whoever's doing the new versions and the original composer (who has said he'd be happy to work on these games and STILL has the original masters for the music he made). The one problem is that these remixed tracks are just being based off the compressed console PlayStation mixes, which lacked certain effects and were shortened in some area, when the original composer has the full versions available still and has even posted some tracks online to show the difference!

For example, let's take Heavy Machinery, here's the big band loop part in the remake:
https://youtu.be/ddogMUuGndw?t=2m50s

Here's the PlayStation mix it's based off:
https://youtu.be/-lFwchGSkes

And yet, here's the original Master version:
https://soundcloud.com/joshmancell/...=joshmancell/sets/music-for-video-games-crash

You can hear extra layers to the track which really add to it and the sound quality is better for most instruments. So I'm just curious as to WHY they are ignoring to work with someone who actually worked on those games, and someone who actually wouldn't mind working on these games again. It's insane, he's got all the masters for the tracks and for the demo tracks and unused stuff just sitting their in his studio!

Some of those are really good. However, for example I like game version of Sewer or Later much more and would hope for the remastered song to be based on that.

PrimeTime

This looks fantastic! I loved the original Crash game (never played them after that one because life). Can't wait to pick this up.

LAA

Can't wait for it. Looks faithful to the original with a new lick of paint.

What this really makes me wish to happen though, is the exact same thing, but for Spyro 1-3... I mean that Activision are doing this does mean they would at least be open for this right...? Really hope so.

BigEmil

At the risk of being that guy on the internet who boosts up the colours and contrast on a video to make it look how he thinks it should look, here's me doing that:

crash_boosted4yoxj.gif

Fingers crossed the final product looks a bit brighter/bolder. The footage shown looks kinda drab in places, especially in some of the outdoor areas.
Maybe if you want show this to the devs Vicarious Visions

Travelers Tales put so much love into the game to make it feel like a Naughty Dog title.
Yeah definitely Crash Twinsanity is my fave non Naughty Dog Crash game

CHC

This looks so perfect.

Definitely gonna do the platinum on this, these games are so fun to collect everything in, assuming they kept everything more-or-less the same.

Twinsanity is one of those games I will love forever. It was the last true hurrah for Crash, and everyone hated it.

Roo

Can't wait to see what they do with Road to Nowhere / The High Road

They're by far the trickiest levels in the game. Perception is a hit or miss.
I assume they'll be easier with HD graphics and better lighting and shadows but still, I'm excited to see how they handle those levels.

Top Bottom