• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

Looks terridiculous (I don't know what this word is but it's what my phone autocorrected "terrific" to)

Hate in this thread is weird

Spyro trilogy next

Ok cool. They brought Crash triology for the fans.

Now fans. It's your turn. Keep complaining about resolution, fps, missing online mutiplayer etc. Do your job.

Bu... But... the game looks too clean and sterile now!, pre order canceled.

Seriously, I'm glad they're remaking the game keeping the same layout. The graphics are fine I don't see the problem

+1 for a spyro remake

Nimby

Banned
Yeah people are not remembering the games correctly if they think they moved quick. They aren't fast moving games. Crash 3 with the running shoes moves hype as fuck though.

If this does well will they remaster spyro? Cause that would be hype as fuck.

Slide jumps in 2/3, can't really say those two are slow

1 was sluggish and the controls were off and delayed

Nicky Ali

I don't get why people are complaining about people complaining. Think about it, this is the only remake we're ever getting of the original Crash games. It's only natural to want it to be as great as it can possibly be. I'm optimistic for this, but for all you people who aren't satisfied - keep complaining! Get your voice heard and let this game be as good as it should be.

Sullichin

Yess
It's the trilogy but all the levels they show are the first game. Castle Machinery looked great. I agree the boulder levels looked a little bright/blown out

EDarkness

I don't get why people are complaining about people complaining. Think about it, this is the only remake we're ever getting of the original Crash games. It's only natural to want it to be as great as it can possibly be. I'm optimistic for this, but for all you people who aren't satisfied - keep complaining! Get your voice heard and let this game be as good as it should be.

It's Activision, right? Still, the games should still be fun regardless of the graphics.

yunbuns

54d.jpg

I mean, while a new PS1-like Crash game would be good, this looks pretty good for a HD Remake. I don't really see what else would be expected from it, it looks pretty great and it's nice that they don't seem to really be touching the gameplay too much (if at all) from the original. Really interested in seeing more of Crash 2 and Warped.

Tizoc

it looks too clean. loses the texture of the original, now looks like a cheap low budget cartoon.

see the darker mossy look in the original here, feels like a real jungle. compare to the pristine rolling stones in the new one and the bright lighting engine. meh.

Yeah this.
I'm still getting it though as I like the series' gameplay.

gafneo

Banned
Definitely not what we were asking for. We wanted a brand new, PS4 generation Crash. But this makes Knack seem incredible.

This is why our old school games get locked in vaults for so long. People always complain no matter how great of a job they do.

Roo

I love how they updated all the sprites/HUD elements without messing with the artstyle.

lwXCo8o.png

We got a glimpse of a Tawna token but not enough to appreciate the update but oh well.
This is still a work in progress so I expect them to tweak a few things here and there until release.

remaking/remastering the original trilogy is the best thing they could do with crash right now instead of trying to make a 4th

NahaNago

i'm not a fan of the art style but i will still buy it.

edit: i would have to agree with an earlier post saying it looks a bit too clean and looks a bit too narrow for me as well.

I've only played 3 (a lot, a long ass time ago), but to me Crash's handling looked almost exactly the same between the 2 versions. He also animates just as expressively.

Good deal.

orioto

Good Art™
That shit better play EXACTLY like the original games. Movement, jump, physics, running. EVERYTHING THE SAME.

But i hate how the original game plays, i hope it plays better :p I'm really bad at crash bandicoot. Uncharted 4 ending was a nightmare.

Kid Heart

This actually looks really good. I was thinking of passing up on this before, but at the right price I may now bite. If this sells well enough I would love a new Crash game done in this style too.

WillyFive

All of that looked awful.

The original Crash games were notable for their character animations (and finding ways to make realtime polygonal characters move in ways unprecedented in the videogame industry); yet Crash here looks extremely rigid and inflexible. He also clashes heavily with the PS2-style environments.

Seems more of a fan made Unity experiment than something one would charge money for.

Ash735

It looks like Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, and I mean that it has that weird floaty look about and everything seems too polished, plastic and clean.

The Wumpa fruit, HUD stuff, etc, should just be HD Sprites, making them 3D just gives it that weird look and problem that Crash WOC had.

Also, it sadly seems like they haven't brought back Josh Mancell to do the musc even though he offered and STILL has the master mixes for these games in original pre-console quality.

J-Skee

This info should go into the OP: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...-sane-trilogy-first-screens-in-depth-details/

We at Vicarious Visions love Crash, and we’re super excited for everyone to play the N. Sane Trilogy. But we can’t fly everyone out to Anaheim to play it in person, so here’s a peek that answers some burning questions. And the biggest question everyone keeps asking us, “Is this a remaster or a remake?”
The answer is not simple.

It’s practically impossible to make a traditional remaster of the original Naughty Dog games. They’re roughly 20 years old, and technology has advanced significantly in that time. The original code and assets are nearly unusable. Nearly.

But we don’t consider this a remake. We know how much you all love the original games, so we didn’t want to fully remake them. The N. Sane Trilogy is a remaster plus.

The first step in our remaster plus was to truly understand what made the Naughty Dog games special and why fans still love them to this day. The best way to understand a game is to play it, and boy, did we play the Crash games. We played them to the point that we broke controllers from mashing the jump button too much. We studied original concept art and commercials for inspiration. And we went even further back to understand the material that originally inspired Naughty Dog, including Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Looney Tunes.

Servbot24

Banned
I think it will be fun

But the look of it does a great job of demonstrating why fans were wrong. Crash should have stayed in the 90s.

Top Bottom