• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

Tsunamo

While the lightings not quite the same or as dark as the original in some areas it doesn't bother me. It feels like what we got with Ratchet & Clank in terms of look overhaul and i'm happy with that.

My only worry is the controls/physics. Will they be very close to the originals, or will they be different? I'll still love them regardless though.

TheMink

You could be right. The upstream parts look normal. But the boulder parts and the temple parts look slower. Still a work in progress.

source.gif

Hmm you're right it does seem a little slower there yeah. 🤔
Which is odd because the upstream/sideways does look right to me so why would that be different haha?
It's possible they slowed it down to accentuate the fruit for the trailer purpose.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm glad to see it updated and preserved on relatively more future-proof platforms for posterity. I think the clean UI looks good but generally besides that it feels like they haven't quite honed in on an art style. Crash's model is a little too furry but still matte--I think they'd have benefited either form a Rare-esque fluffiness or a more stylized flat shading. Hope it's a reasonable price and that they clarify the release platforms soon.

Holy shit, same UI and Save functionality across all three games. Time trials too!

TC, add that to the OP!!

Adding New Features

Because this is a remaster plus, we have an opportunity to add features.

Choosing new features is a difficult process. We consider numerous things, including the team’s ideas and fan requests, but perhaps our most important consideration is the evolution of the franchise itself. Naughty Dog learned a lot of lessons on how to refine the Crash formula over the course of making three games. So, the first new features we’ve worked on take the best of each of the games and apply them to all three.

Here are some work-in-progress examples:

-Unified checkpointing & save game system. This includes manual and auto-saving. (Yes, the first game now has a proper save game system!)
-Unified menu system. Here an example of the Pause menu for Crash Bandicoot:
31280965101_22b11d4cf0_z.jpg

-Time Trials in all three games!
31280964961_2a3fc14bf2_z.jpg

These aren’t the only new features for the N. Sane Trilogy. However, that’s all we’re going to share for today.
30574389454_0a1242e116_z.jpg

KalBalboa

Banned
The only thing off about the art style is how the deepness the black levels is absent due to the staggeringly higher resolution when compared to the PS1 games.

The black border on a lot of assets in the original games is absent here. Wonder if cranking contrast up would help.

HardRojo

Looks really good to me, and best of all it looks like they're staying true to the game's mechanics and gameplay, which is what I was worried the most. Day 1 for sure.

I'm glad to see it updated and preserved on relatively more future-proof platforms for posterity. I think the clean UI looks good but generally besides that it feels like they haven't quite honed in on an art style. Crash's model is a little too furry but still matte--I think they'd have benefited either form a Rare-esque fluffiness or a more stylized flat shading. Hope it's a reasonable price and that they clarify the release platforms soon.
I feel that these three remade games are reasonable enougj to expect them at $60.

How did they go from that really good looking Crash they made for Skylanders to this completely garbage looking one? This must have a pretty small budget.

J-Skee

Time Trials for Crash 2... I'm ready. See you all on the leaderboards. I really hope they keep the snappiness of the controls. I know those levels like the back of my hand.

Roo

How did they go from that really good looking Crash they made for Skylanders to this completely garbage looking one? This must have a pretty small budget.

The Sklylanders Crash model grew on me a lot since it was first announced but this Crash is way closer to the original art from Naughty Dog's games. They made the right choice here.

You could already tell by the audience reaction that people will realize that nobody ACTUALLY wants to play these old games again lol

There are few 1:1 remasters that still work today, it's basically only the classic adventure genre.

All 3 games even at once, man... Oh well, they have a bit of PS history back I guess.

Tizoc

yOU know what? Coco should be a playable character as well, to appeal to the girl demograph. I've always felt that if the Crash games would be remade or remastered, Coco should be a playable character. Plot be damned, Crash 1 and 2 would have going off to save Crash (instead of Tawna) and Crash 2 could have her team up with N. Brio or something. Whatever, make it something for both boys and girls to play.

Tsunamo

This is much closer to the way the original one looked. I'm relieved for that.
Yeah I feel like they nailed the look of the original a bit better in this one, even though they're both pretty good.
I'm shocked that Vicarious Visions is still around
Well they've been developing Skylanders games for years now, so it's no suprise. But yeah they've been around quite awhile.
The shots from PS.Blog look better than the trailer imho.
Yeah they look much nicer.
I'll miss Crash Team Racing in this.
One of the all time Karting greats. What I wouldn't give for a port with online down the line.

I understand why but yeah it's such a shame it wasn't included.

DrStruts

Neo Member
The trailer wasn't the best but that gameplay footage and the official screenshots have put me into full hype mode. Give us some soundtrack samples soon please!

Top Bottom