• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Time for the PlayStation fans who love Crash Bandicoot so much to actually play Crash Bandicoot for the first time.

No I mean his movement speed is slow compared to the ps1 original game, which I have completed to 100% on three different occasions.

Thorzilla

I love how they updated all the sprites/HUD elements without messing with the artstyle.

lwXCo8o.png

We got a glimpse of a Tawna token but not enough to appreciate the update but oh well.
This is still a work in progress so I expect them to tweak a few things here and there until release.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I just wish they were using the old font as I think it's as iconic as Crash itself.

Tizoc

Will buy if it comes on xbox.

Funnily enough I had said in the Steam thread that since thi is an Acti game, they'd benefit from releasing it on more systems as well, so I do hope that happens because I will double dip the fuck out of it :D

addik

Colors just seem a bit too faded out, but otherwise it looks great!

Didn't know what I expected from the remaster, but the trailer did impress.

TheMink

No I mean his movement speed is slow compared to the ps1 original game, which I have completed to 100% on three different occasions.

I believe the perception of his flip is throwing you, he is rotating slower as opposed to the original more snappy front flip but I'm pretty sure his forward momentum is the same

Yeah people are not remembering the games correctly if they think they moved quick. They aren't fast moving games. Crash 3 with the running shoes moves hype as fuck though.

If this does well will they remaster spyro? Cause that would be hype as fuck.

I hope this does so well Activison/Sony goes "Hey let's try with Spyro too!"

I love Spyro so much more than Crash.

I would LOVEEEE for Spyro 2 remaster. God. I want it so bad.
So jelly of Crash fans.

Nudull

Banned
Doesn't look too bad for what it is. Seems like Crash himself was tweaked a bit compared to the Skylanders version.

Really hope the next gameplay we get looks better everything about this looked off the art style and the flow of gameplay looks slow. Can't wait to play Crash 3 again though.

Looks exactly like I thought it would. They can still make some adjustments, but if this is how it ends up looking, I'm cool with it.

I'll probably still get this though, despite its weird reveal. Hopefully if its successful, we get a Spyro Trilogy Remaster, only hopefully they won't use his awful current design.

it looks too clean. loses the texture of the original, now looks like a cheap low budget cartoon.

see the darker mossy look in the original here, feels like a real jungle. compare to the pristine rolling stones in the new one and the bright lighting engine. meh.

Well, I do think they messed with the coloration too much. There is a different vibe for sure. The lighting seems brighter. But it's going to be hard for any HD game to replicate low-res assets perfectly. They could've tried going with a slightly cell-shaded style. Mostly I think they did a good job from what I'm seeing though. I'm sad to hear they aren't using the original composer... the soundtrack on those games were fantastic.

I'm not a fan of the fur texture on Crash though, they made him look like some Chuck E. Cheese animatronic.

Hard to tell if it'll match up to the original feel of the controls until we play it though.

(I worked on the marketing for Crash 1 and 2...so I want this to rep Crash well as much as anyone)

Finalizer

it looks too clean. loses the texture of the original, now looks like a cheap low budget cartoon.

see the darker mossy look in the original here, feels like a real jungle. compare to the pristine rolling stones in the new one and the bright lighting engine. meh.

Yeah, I get the same idea looking at the 3rd row of screenshots - original conveys a dark, dank temple/ruins passage, whereas the new version looks super clean and trimmed. Takes a bit away from the adventurous personality IMO, and also I think a big part of why some folks think it looks cheaply made. Maybe a bit of work with the lighting/coloring could help out here.

I played through the first game just a few weeks ago.

They nailed the modern graphics. That's way better than I expected to be honest.

Sub_Level

I believe the perception of his flip is throwing you, he is rotating slower as opposed to the original more snappy front flip but I'm pretty sure his forward momentum is the same

You could be right. The upstream parts look normal. But the boulder parts and the temple parts look slower. Still a work in progress.

source.gif

Atrarock

I noticed this too, his animations are what's slow, not so much his actual movement speed. It's like making something jog quick but giving it the animation of someone crawling at 0.25 mph

Arials

I'd be all over a new crash game, but when it comes to the originals I'd rather play the originals than a remix with revised art.

I hope this does so well Activison/Sony goes "Hey let's try with Spyro too!"

I love Spyro so much more than Crash.

I would LOVEEEE for Spyro 2 remaster. God. I want it so bad.
So jelly of Crash fans.

I'll probably still get this though, despite its weird reveal. Hopefully if its successful, we get a Spyro Trilogy Remaster, only hopefully they won't use his awful current design.
Agreed.

My thoughts exactly.
Hopefully that changes by release.

VertPin

Is anyone able to post the screenshots released on the PS Blog? They're on Flickr and my phone won't download it for some reason...

THE GAMES LOOK AMAZING AND MY FAVORITE CRASH BANDICOOT 1IS GETTING SO MUCH LOVE :D

Humdinger

Gold Member
Looks like old school fun to me.

Man, a lot of good stuff announced at what I figured was going to be just a minor little show. Impressive!

I didnt play the original because of its graphics im not now.

looks clean and keeps its charm to me thats all that matters.
Once the the controls feels more fluid im a happy mon

Ash735

I hope they have time to improve the UI visuals and fonts, I hate this ott cartoony style font compared to the cartoon but rough font the originals had, I'm sure it's available somewhere, or at least be redrawn.

SNURB

I think it will be fun

But the look of it does a great job of demonstrating why fans were wrong. Crash should have stayed in the 90s.

You know, you shouldn't act so much like a jerk when it comes to this.

And mocking the fans is just absurd. A lot of people love these games.

Sub_Level

They made the toxic waste the right color and brightness lol. Nice to see relics confirmed for Crash 1.

Top Bottom