• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

Megatron

This could change shit drastically for me personally if they do a different pack in for North America. Lets say they could bundle in Madden 25, and I would have a very serious choice to make this holiday. A choice that has been a no brainer up to this point. I have day 1 launch editions of both PS4 and Xbox One pre ordered at Amazon and had planned on canceling XBone at some point before it releases. I'm hanging on as long as I can to see if Microsoft sweetens the deal.

Yeah... A choice...

$459 for a ps3 with drive club and madden and a more powerful system.
$499 for an xb1 with madden, kinect and a weaker system.

I mean its closer, but still pretty clear.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
What's the chances this could be a timed exclusive on next gen machines?

Freki

I don't even know who that is playing. I know though that Sony is the official partner of the 2014 World Cup, but I wonder if that will stop Microsoft from getting ads up in international matches.
Just Bayern vs. Dortmund in the 2013 Champions League final...

ps4ads1.jpg

What really doesn't make sense is that this screen is from a champions league final. And FIFA doesn't have the Champions League license.

Guymelef

I don't even know who that is playing. I know though that Sony is the official partner of the 2014 World Cup, but I wonder if that will stop Microsoft from getting ads up in international matches.

It's Champins League.
And a deal with EA has nothing to do with "real life".

Perkel

Banned
Not everyone has the privilege of buying games on day one, or month one, or year one. I reckon a LOT of children/teenagers/maybe adults will wait and get FIFA 14 for their holiday gift, around the same time that same audience will be looking at buying a new system (if they're interested in getting a new console).

Console ? Yes. Game ? No. People nowdays buy games like icecreams they don't wait months to buy game*

*depending if you live outside US/EU

What really doesn't make sense is that this screen is from a champions league final. And FIFA doesn't have the Champions League license.

People watching it play FIFA/PES. Banner in game is pointless.

That was the CL final. It's very much true that the vast majority of Fifa and Pes players are playstation gamers, and sponsoring the likes of the CL and WC only tightens their grip.

LAA

Don't care about Fifa personally, but I think its a good move by Microsoft to try justifying that higher price tag. This news may be enough to ensure most of the crowd in the UK who simply only plays the likes of Fifa/COD anyway get on aboard the Xbox One train...

Piggus

This could change shit drastically for me personally if they do a different pack in for North America. Lets say they could bundle in Madden 25, and I would have a very serious choice to make this holiday. A choice that has been a no brainer up to this point. I have day 1 launch editions of both PS4 and Xbox One pre ordered at Amazon and had planned on canceling XBone at some point before it releases. I'm hanging on as long as I can to see if Microsoft sweetens the deal.

Have you considered applying some basic math to that decision? :p You were already going to get Madden 25 I assume. If you get it on PS4 even if MS bundled it you would save $40 and still end up with more powerful hardware and the better version of the game. The choice still seems pretty clear.

Don't care about Fifa personally, but I think its a good move by Microsoft to try justifying that higher price tag. This news may be enough to ensure most of the crowd in the UK who simply only plays the likes of Fifa/COD anyway get on aboard the Xbox One train...

Or they could just buy it on PS4 and still save money. The game isn't exclusive to Xbox One. It's a nice incentive but I don't really think it's enough. If the systems had the same price then I could see it being really impactful.

jayu26

Did anyone stop to think that it might be Platinum's game?

#TeamCboat.

I know, I know, he said it is Japan exclusive only.

*puts tinfoil hat on*

It all makes sense.

• Microsoft announces they are not launching in 8 originally planned countries this year.
  • Microsoft now announces FIFA is bundled with every Xbone sold in Europe
  • But how do we preorder when all the stores say sold out?
  • Starting today we are opening back up preorders thanks to a recent ramp up in production that exceeded expectations.

Not hard to put 2 and 2 together. Lol at localization issues. True colors are flying high.

Let's say that it is FIFA....

-PS4 + FIFA is still cheaper.
-X1 pre-orders are already maxed out, so this won't increase any sales during launch?
-PS4 will almost certainly be launching earlier and in more European countries than the X1 anyway. Are people in Sweden really going to wait for months after FIFA is released and available on PS4 just so they can get it packed in with an X1 in ~March 2014?

It would be a cool gesture from MS, it's good whatever the game is, but I don't see it being much of a gamechanger really.

1) PS4 + Fifa is still cheaper, but it's much closer now to the point where it's not a huge advantage (still an advantage though), especially for those who were planning to already get Fifa. When you factor in the PS4 Eye, the X1 is equivalent pricing (4 euro's cheaper for the X1, but whatever that's basically equivalent). The real question is how much will people value Kinect and whether it's worth the 40 euro's more than the stock PS4 without the Eye.

2) Assuming this is not just for Day One editions, this will help the standard edition preorders which are still ongoing, and also general sales of the console at retail once it's launched.

3) Some will wait, some won't. Some will also not wait and import the X1 since it's region free. There's still a chance people not in launch territories to get an X1 this year.

I'm not from Europe, but from everything I read on Gaf, this sounds like it will be a pretty big deal as Fifa is a bigger title over there than it is in the US.

Random musing again.

European pricing doesn't tend to be as uniform, afaik.
Is there anything to stop retailers from creating their own FIFA PS4 bundles anyway - even if Microsoft end up doing so officially "exclusively" with the XB1?

Even if it's really FIFA I will still get the PS4 version, a free FIFA doesn't make it up for me personally. Plus, a PS4 with FIFA is still cheaper than a XBONE with free FIFA... :p

Yeah... A choice...

That PS+ version of Driveclub is not going to be the full game. It'll be a glorified demo.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Random musing again.

European pricing doesn't tend to be as uniform, afaik.
Is there anything to stop retailers from creating their own FIFA PS4 bundles anyway - even if Microsoft end up doing so officially "exclusively" with the XB1?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't think could stand in the way of retailer bundles.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Nothing. Every retailer can bundle up console and as much stuff as it want it.

jond76

Banned
Not sure how FIFA can be snagged as an exclusive. Just seems like too big a title. I would love a free pack in title though.

Gamescom=E3 Part 2 confirmed!

Not sure how FIFA can be snagged as an exclusive. Just seems like too big a title. I would love a free pack in title though.

Gamescom=E3 Part 2 confirmed!

its just an exclusive bundle, though at the reveal MS did say that they'll have exclusive content with Fifa

bill0527

Yeah... A choice...

I haven't paid much attention to gaming side the last few days, but has drive club been confirmed as a pack-in for PS4?

Last I heard it would be free for PS+ but it would be a gimped version and even they full version was being delayed from launch day to 'launch window'.

One minute we're discussing a Kinectless Xbox One for $399 and now we are cost comparing PS4/Playstation Eye versus Xbox One/Kinect.

Oh, NEOGAF you never change.

Top Bottom