• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead of Alive Xtreme 3 video - Honoka trailer, volleyball gameplay, rock climbing

Brokun

The OT tag has to come from this interview. So many options.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] A Healing Game for Those People
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] But Men Are Stupid Creatures...
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] This Engine's Butt Processing Is Way Too Heavy!
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] I Like Swimsuits With Holes
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] This Gap-Moe is Great
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] Butt Jiggle Without a Doubt

Plus what other people have said already.

around $5 I assume?
You can buy the digital version from bookwalker and I think you can use paypal. Not 100% sure so someone who bought it from there can confirm.

Just reconfirming what raven777 posted above. It's the issue that goes on sale on March 24, and you can buy the digital version from Bookwalker. The price should be the usual 350yen and they accept payment via PayPal.
http://bookwalker.jp/series/492/

thanks for this

They went super low budget for everything. Which doesn't make sense since they want to build upon this game with DLC. Base vanilla game should have a good foundation if they want long term investments,

it doesn't matter, no one buying this game is going to not buy it because it's super low budget. we all know it's a cheap cashgrab. they'll add in some dlc outfits, throw some characters in saying "we listened to the fans and worked really hard to add in the characters they wanted" and call it a day, as expected

i'm curious what the final outfit count will be when all is said and done. like, just how much dlc will they add to this

raven777

Cd7aoDOUIAAmrBL.jpg:large

Cd7anGtUsAAXJ7i.jpg:large

jediyoshi

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 |OT| Preorder for Godhand DLC
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 |OT| Ages listed in OP
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 |OT| Importing for Dummies

FHIZ

Playing Division, over-leveled dude matchmakes into mission, raises all enemies levels way above, game keeps respawning team in the middle of 10 flame thrower dudes.

Restart mission, get put into match with a bunch of under-leveled dudes who can't heal themselves and die all the time.

Shit sucks.

HEAL ME, HAYASHI's game!

FHIZ

So, no word on digital pre-orders yet?

The only digital games that get pre-orders and thus pre-load are big titles or ones with specific promotions behind them. It's likely the first time you'll be able to buy it is when the asian PSN stores are updated next week.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The OT tag has to come from this interview. So many options.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] A Healing Game for Those People
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] But Men Are Stupid Creatures...
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] This Engine's Butt Processing Is Way Too Heavy!
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] I Like Swimsuits With Holes
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] This Gap-Moe is Great
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 [OT] Butt Jiggle Without a Doubt

Plus what other people have said already.

This is my pick, with the first suggestion a close second.

Chastten

Banned
so are the games actually fun?

tight gameplay and jiggly butts is a pretty solid combination

damn, that wouldve been a great idea

First game's volleyball was pretty solid, but limited. Keep in mind there are no tournaments or mission based mode, or whatever. The only variation is in the girls you play with/against, as the volleyball is heavily influenced by your relationships. If you keep winning, the teamplay with your partner will become better, and if you keep beating the same opponents their teamplay will get worse to the point where they will just refuse to play the ball to eachother. It's fun for a little while, or in short bursts. The volleyball itself is not something you'll want to play for hours at a time.

Although you will have to if you wanna keep gifting bikini's to your partner and such, as it is the main source of income :p

Eolz

DOAX3 |OT| Moe gap, tanlines and galapagosian lolita complex

And then start with "what kind of shit do you watch?"

Synth

Speaking of 'locks', guys... Did anything happen to DoA Xtreme 2 on the 360? Yesterday I read a post of an Italian guy finding out his PAL copy was suddenly unable to boot up again on his console, by the end of last year... So I tried mine, just to check it out and, well, mine doesn't boot at all either. Disc is like new, console is a first model Slim, never had - and still hasn't - a single issue reading discs. It's just DoA Xtreme 2.
I remember it was the one and only game (at least here in EU, no idea if it's different in Japan and US) still impossible to install to HDD - no matter which dashboard update it ran on - so I don't know if it's just a weird coincidence, and my disc just died for some reason - I didn't play the game since years, but launch titles like Call of Duty 2 or Perfect Dark 0 loaded up no problem - or if there's more behind it. Another thing I noticed, the game isn't on Games on Demand anymore, and all the DLCs are gone too.

My PAL copy works still.

I thought it was very obviously a nod to DOA6.

Really? My personal theory/hope is that they are making NG4 and that's the game that he was talking about.

It makes sense for that game to not use the SE2.0 the way it is right now, cause the gameplay is pretty chaotic and really demanding in tech department especially when you consider the fact that it needs to run at 60fps and render open 3D levels and stuff.

I think DoA6 could handle the SE2.0 since it has smaller levels/stages to load with lesser objects and stuff, but I may be wrong.

Chastten

Banned
Just checked, my EU copy still works and the DLC is also still available through the Crystal Boutique. They never patched it though, and it still shows the price in Microsoft/Zack points as opposed to €'s

The game has been ruined by DoA5 to me though. I was never bothered by the 'doll' designs of the characters, but now they look quite terrible. I might have to get a PS4 with DoAX3 some day to replace it.

Mike Golf

The game has been ruined by DoA5 to me though. I was never bothered by the 'doll' designs of the characters, but now they look quite terrible. I might have to get a PS4 with DoAX3 some day to replace it.

The problem was we should have gotten something more like 5 when 4 launched. I had no interest in 4 due to it being a 360 exclusive, at the time, and the fact that it didn't really look that different than 3 or 2U. Same goes to DOAX2; for me 5, and now X3, blows every preceding release out of the water. The "doll" look was fine through the 6th gen but it should have been left there.

Chastten

Banned
For sure. Helena's harem pants in DoA2 Ultimate were a thing of beauty.

Always makes me wonder why developers take out populair stuff with sequels. I mean, I understand you can't include every outfit that ever made it into the games but surely they must have an idea of what the fanbase wants. Going from DoA2 Ultimate to DoA4 was such an embarrassment. DoA4 was so... lacking.

expecting the same amount of content from doa4 after ultimate is weird, a new game compared to a rerelease

Yep, still don't understand people preferring the old character designs.

I wish they'd put back some old outfits back in DOA5/6 though.

you don't understand people having different preferences than you?

Mike Golf

expecting the same amount of content from doa4 after ultimate is weird, a new game compared to a rerelease

Well to be fair from his, and my, perspective the games have had a clear evolution path regarding character model fidelity arriving at the point we're at now where each character hasn't drastically changed from their original designs and are now actually clearly delineated from eachother while being more detailed than they have ever been. It's a case where people like us find it odd if you like the older designs, which are far less detailed and with less individual character, over the new ones. I can understand if you preferred the older look because you like the character models to be less detailed and more simple out of taste, but I see the latest renditions in 5 to be objectively better.

Eolz

I do, but this design never was going to age well. I'm not saying they shouldn't like it, just that the new redesigns are leagues above while still being faithful to what the old designs were trying to convey.
edit: + what poster above said.

ciddative

That was unneccesary. You can understand that people have different tastes without understanding, agreeing or empathising with those tastes

EDIT

i am not the biggest Hitomi fan but i have to say

GOOD LORD HAVE MERCY

Hitomi manages the rare feat of being adorably cute, sexy as fuck and a total bro you could chill and have a drink with. She's the complete package <3

How is that confusing? The explicit premise laid out was that it's based on quality, not just some subjective view.

the premise is wrong. it's not based on quality. doa5 and x3 are using a completely different design aesthetic. quality would be everything from doa1 up to x2 on that chart, everything that has the same style.

I do, but this design never was going to age well. I'm not saying they shouldn't like it, just that the new redesigns are leagues above while still being faithful to what the old designs were trying to convey.
edit: + what poster above said.

there are plenty of current games that use the an anime aesthetic and look fine. but if you've never liked the 3d anime aesthetic you probably wouldn't like those either, but preferences, that's fine

That was unneccesary. You can understand that people have different tastes without understanding, agreeing or empathising with those tastes

wut @ the bolded

but i see what was tripping me up. i don't see it as something objective

ciddative

A PSA for those ordering from Play-Asia.

I preordered in November and there was no choice of shipping option. My estimated shipping date was on or before the 28th March. This is NOT the fastest delivery option. I contacted them and upgraded to the courier option, and my estimated shipping date is now on or before the 24th March.

Yes this invollved a higher shipping cost.

I must say, having never used Play-Asia before, their communication has been excellent.

This sounded more like a dig than an honest question. If that was not the case, I apologise.

I've just seen that line used to antagonise and belittle people too many times.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
A PSA for those ordering from Play-Asia.

I preordered in November and there was no choice of shipping option. My ETA was on or before the 28th March. This is NOT the fastest delivery option. I contacted them and upgraded to the courier option, and my eta is now on or before the 24th March.

Yes this invollved a higher shipping cost.

How much was the price hike?

ciddative

Top Bottom