• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

It may seem silly but I'm still up in the air over whether I should get the Vita or PS3 version. I got MVSC2U during a sale a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed with the controlling. I think the complicated combos in the game just don't go well with the Vita's buttons. Can I expect the same thing from DOA5+? Either way, I've been meaning to pick up this game one way or another for ages now
The game is practically tailor made for portables. All you need are three buttons - punch, kick, and hold.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It may seem silly but I'm still up in the air over whether I should get the Vita or PS3 version. I got MVSC2U during a sale a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed with the controlling. I think the complicated combos in the game just don't go well with the Vita's buttons. Can I expect the same thing from DOA5+? Either way, I've been meaning to pick up this game one way or another for ages now

Try the demo for yourself and see!

This game should be easier to play, since DOA technically only uses three buttons total, leaving a free face button (set to throw [Hold+Punch] by default) and the shoulder buttons available for Hold+Kick or all three buttons together.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

There was an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 2 and released on portables!? DO WANT.

Lyte Edge said:
Try the demo for yourself and see!

When PSN updates. *mumble grumble*

Any fellow gaf Canadians pick up this at EB games today or other stores?

I got a call (11:03am for my pre-order) saying there was a delayed shipment or some bs (EB Calgary Sunridge) and that they would call when it was in. I checked around the county with FS, BB and EB and it seems that there's no stock anywhere.

Grabbed it yesterday as a present to myself for finally getting over the probationary period at work. Even got the cheerleader costumes! This is my first dead or alive, and I've been a big fan of soul calibur, so this is taking some getting used to. Any tips for a noob?

Azuardo

PSN: Azuardo

If anyone wants to add. I'm still up for some little tournament if it's possible to organise! No worries if not though :)

It may seem silly but I'm still up in the air over whether I should get the Vita or PS3 version. I got MVSC3U during a sale a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed with the controlling. I think the complicated combos in the game just don't go well with the Vita's buttons. Can I expect the same thing from DOA5+? Either way, I've been meaning to pick up this game one way or another for ages now
Only problem I have is diagonal inputs but other than that, it's fairly easy to play on the vita.

Tekken 6 is now free on PSN for PS+ subscribers.

Hope DOA5+ is added in due time...
Search for it. It's probably up since the costumes are up now.

cafemomo

So the costumes are up but I keep getting an error whenever I redeem my Gamestop code saying it's invalid.
Should I go ask for another one? or is it that PSN isn't fully updated yet?

2nf9PJS.jpg

I just checked the webstore, all content is already up.

What the hell they are thinking? If someone buys all DLC available it would cost him US$ 201. And there is not all-in-pack. As a DOA fan I would buy all content if everything does not cost more than $50, but that is crazy.

Ken

What the hell they are thinking? If someone buys all DLC available it would cost him US$ 201. And there is not all-in-pack. As a DOA fan I would buy all content if everything does not cost more than $50, but that is crazy.

Ouch. I guess it's okay now that not all of the packs are that appealing to me.

Azuardo

I'm sorry but Hayabusa's teleporting spamming is a fucking disgusting move.

Is there any good way to defend against someone that constantly uses that POS move?

I managed to get the better of this one guy after 2 rounds of defeat, luckily timing attacks just right to knock him out of it, but it was more luck than anything, and I lost the following round after he went nuts and spammed the whole thing again.

It has to be one of the most rage-inducing things in this game tbh. Would love to hear some tips from anyone that knows how to defend it.

TheSeks

Hmm... Paradise bundle for like $10 more. Not sure if want. How bad was that port?

Where did you get that number? It would cost you $89 if you buy all the bundles. That's still a lot but it's not $201.

Added to OP

PSN DOA-GAF

Please PM me or post in this thread to get added to the list. When sending a friend request, please add a note that you're from GAF.

Left = GAF username, Right = PSN ID
Leona Lewis: librasox
Azuardo: Azuardo
DR2K: OnslaughtDR2K
Lyte Edge: lyteedge2
JakkuFurosu: JakkuFurosu
PartTimeWarrior: Yoko337
lazybones18: Lazykarl24

TheSeks

Eh, the costumes can wait. I've been wanting Paradise PSP for a while but not for $40. I'd be saving ~$30 on that, but I'm wondering how good the port is.

DR2K

Banned
Dlc code won't work till next week. Most of the dlc is 100 kb. Good since these psall star updates are ridiculous.
I don't understand- my DLC that I bought on the PS3 isn't showing up as Free on the Vita :/

Go to the pan store directly got all my dlc.

Wow, this game is a dream come true on Vita. Looks and runs great.

Vita's D-Pad if god tier. Not having any trouble with diagonals, and I'm countering like a fiend.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm sorry but Hayabusa's teleporting spamming is a fucking disgusting move.

Is there any good way to defend against someone that constantly uses that POS move?

I managed to get the better of this one guy after 2 rounds of defeat, luckily timing attacks just right to knock him out of it, but it was more luck than anything, and I lost the following round after he went nuts and spammed the whole thing again.

It has to be one of the most rage-inducing things in this game tbh. Would love to hear some tips from anyone that knows how to defend it.

It is pretty stupid, I have dealt with one person (who i've vsed at least 15 times) who manages to best me by constantly doing this nonsense.

The way I see it, the hayabusa spammers tend to stick to three variations: Forward kick, sky grab, and sky knockdown (yeah I don't know what they're called but you know what I mean).
You can block two of those with just a simple guard, the grab will definitely get you however. If you block their move, they usually follow up (really quickly) so I would suggest waiting for that as well.

Another method is simply side stepping at the right time. Makes it easy to avoid his sky moves, but his forward kick, you need to time that just the right time or you will get hit.

This method is somewhat obvious, it involves rushing them before they have the opportunity to teleport. when they go in that stance, they're a sitting duck. You don't have long though before they attack though so time it correctly.

Last thing you can do is anticipate their attacks and counter, obviously kinda hard since they will mix it up if they see you blocking/countering.

This is mostly based on what I've experienced. To be honest I still have problems with it :(

Also please if someone can add me onto the list? PSN: Paulink

Added ya PAULINK.

By the way, I assumed we could set tracks for each stage. But the only option is to set it by character or to keep the horrible tracks as they are.

Hmm.

Lyte Edge

I notice that all the costume packs are only 100kb-2MB in size total. Seems like they're all included in the game this time...if true, that means all Vita players will see all outfit combinations, purchased or not.

Darknight

So any difference between the Cart version vs DD version? I know TekkenxSF had that issue. Im thinking of going full DD with Vita but just want to know if you guys know about this.

TheSeks

So, for digital buyers: Did you get the cheerleader outfits? I know Capcom screwed day one Street vs Juggle buyers so I'm leery (and waiting to get a $20 PSN card for the Paradise Bundle along with HSG's DLC)

So any difference between the Cart version vs DD version? I know TekkenxSF had that issue. Im thinking of going full DD with Vita but just want to know if you guys know about this.
I have the digital version. On the Carnival stage and the stage with the tanks, I get a millisecond-long stutter right as the round begins.

Retail peeps - is that stutter present on your copy?

Lyte Edge

I kept trying SFxTK on both cart and DDL and in the end concluded I was nutso.

Lyte Edge

So, for digital buyers: Did you get the cheerleader outfits? I know Capcom screwed day one Street vs Juggle buyers so I'm leery (and waiting to get a $20 PSN card for the Paradise Bundle along with HSG's DLC)

Don't bother with Paradise, dude. Use that $10 for some outfits.

jorgeton

Glad to see the positive impressions! My psn ID is schmorge. Will be dl'ing the demo soon and if I like it, full version.

I have the digital version. On the Carnival stage and the stage with the tanks, I get a millisecond-long stutter right as the round begins.

Retail peeps - is that stutter present on your copy?

In arcade, whenever the announcer says "go," there's a split second lag. Every other mode, it's nice and smooth.

Top Bottom