• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, so it doesn't unlock trophies? But it leaves your aracde/survival levels unlocked right? Because if that's the case I may just beat them on easy and have all the modes unlocked trophies again. >_>

Feels good to finally play different people even though I only played online once today. Had a long winning streak and then just started to lose when he chose lei fang. Her movements confuses me. I thought he was holding but it was actually something else. Good matches.

Wait what ...?

what is that ?
Pretty much what they showed in the niconico preview at 0:25
NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PEb3FL-kQ
How to unlock it is a mystery though atm.

Sh0k

Picked up the game from Gamestop a while ago, unfortunatelly no code for the DLC costumes. The pictures posted in this thread don't make this game justice, the game is amazing on the Vita screen and in motion.

kiryogi

Banned
So tried to play online last night . . .Didn't get a single bite. Don't know if its because it's still too early, or it's because in a JP Account so its looking for JP players D: I tried any and had no luck either

I wonder tho if I can sync the save data from us psn account on the PS3 and have it work on vita. . . Does costumes carried over include ones from DLC?

So tried to play online last night . . .Didn't get a single bite. Don't know if its because it's still too early, or it's because in a JP Account so its looking for JP players D: I tried any and had no luck either

I wonder tho if I can sync the save data from us psn account on the PS3 and have it work on vita. . . Does costumes carried over include ones from DLC?
Change the region to any instead of same. If you leave it on same, it's looking for people in Japan and they don't have DOA5+ right now. However, due to the patch, you can now play with JPN people who are just playing DOA5.

No, we have to wait until the PSN is updated and redownload them on the vita.

Do the collector's edition swimsuits have no way of transferring? They didn't make it when I cross saved, don't ever use them anyway but that seems odd.

TheSeks

DR2K's dropped to 6th on the + leaderboards. You can check that version out through the PS3's leaderboard options. Nice.

Yeah, simple match right now is completely dead. I tried to search for like 2-3 minutes but no one found. Hopefully with + launching tomorrow people will be playing Ranked and Simple mode. It seems the lobbies are dying on PS3. So... Good Going there, Team Ninja? :/

kiryogi

Banned
Change the region to any instead of same. If you leave it on same, it's looking for people in Japan and they don't have DOA5+ right now. However, due to the patch, you can now play with JPN people who are just playing DOA5.

No, we have to wait until the PSN is updated and redownload them on the vita.

Lol guess that won't work with my jp account then. Trying to go to the ps store via the front page link I guess leads to US PSN. XD

DR2K

Banned
DR2K's dropped to 6th on the + leaderboards. You can check that version out through the PS3's leaderboard options. Nice.

Yeah, simple match right now is completely dead. I tried to search for like 2-3 minutes but no one found. Hopefully with + launching tomorrow people will be playing Ranked and Simple mode. It seems the lobbies are dying on PS3. So... Good Going there, Team Ninja? :/

Well I can't play it non stop lol.

Pezking

I have an european PS3 and the UK version of DOA5, along with some DLC costumes. They work with my US account on my PS3 as well, but I bought them from the UK store.

Unfortunately, I only use an US account on my Vita.

Is there any way to use the UK-DLC with the UK version ov DOA5+ on my Vita?

To my surprise, I could sync the european versions of ACIII and ACIII: Liberation, even without an european account on my Vita. But that was somehow done in-game, and not via the PSN store...

article up on US blog. No mention of any week1 bonuses so looks like i'm beat.

Holding out hope they just didn't mention it but pimping out every little positive feature is usually how they roll

AwRy108

Picked up my copy over lunch break, and played for just a few minutes. First thing that stands out is this: the game looks f*ckin' gorgeous on the Vita!

I'm sure we could nit-pick screen shots to death, but, even more than usual, they simply don't give the game's visuals the justice they deserve. Wow, what a showpiece for SONY's handheld.

Du2andal

Banned
Does anyone know how to tag in this version? They still have the tag matches inside of story mode but don't provide instructions or include it in the manual.

But surely there is a tag button inside story mode? I can't figure out how to physically get my character to tag out.
Oh, L+R
grin.gif

jorgeton

I'm tempted to pick this up. Is there a way to arrange matches/tournaments with fellow Gaffers, or is it all random since there are no lobbies?

Ainaurdur

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/19/dead-or-alive-5-plus-on-ps-vita-today-team-ninja-qa/
Yohei Shimbori said:
Certain elements of Dead or Alive 5 Plus (DOA5+) were relatively smooth in porting it to the PS Vita from the PS3. However, as you may notice from games already on the market today, a complete port in terms of graphics and physics remains a challenge which was also the case for DOA5+. Fluid fighting motion and stellar graphics are all staples of the Dead or Alive franchise, so delivering anything less would be unacceptable to us. Therefore our main objective was to create the most beautiful-looking PS Vita fighting game within a 60fps environment. This was one of the reasons we had to drop the Tag Mode, but we can confidently say that the goals we had for DOA5+ we have achieved!

He says "one of the reasons" that they dropped Tag Mode.
So they managed to get it to run smoothly enough in a couple of matches in Story Mode but not online? Does playing online really tax the Vita that much? (I doubt it.) There must have been some other technical things going on that they are not willing to discuss right now.

Nice interview though. I am getting more excited to play it later. As a new DOA player, I am glad they expanded the training modes.

So they managed to get it to run smoothly enough in a couple of matches in Story Mode but not online? Does playing online really tax the Vita that much? (I doubt it.) There must have been some other technical things going on that they are not willing to discuss right now.

Either DLC, not wanting to cannibalize their PS3 sales or maybe they just have more control over story mode so they can actually extract resources from other areas to put into the tag mode.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/19/dead-or-alive-5-plus-on-ps-vita-today-team-ninja-qa/

Nice interview though. I am getting more excited to play it later. As a new DOA player, I am glad they expanded the training modes.
Doesn't explain the lack of lobbies, though.

I'll just lump all of this under "not worth the extra month of dev time in TN's opinion" personally.

I have the strange feeling that the EU store could not show anything about this game.
So far the haven't talked much about it even on the blog (since february)

I probably have missed it, but is there any kind of promotional goodies for the launch?

synce

If you're not finding many players online, welcome to DOA on Playstation :p In my experience the 360 is way more active, but it's still relatively dead compared to other games.

dreamfall

So we should play the demo too, even if we have the game to unlock a special costume for Hayabusa? Did I get that right?

EDIT: Checked a page back in the thread, the answer seems to be no!

Loving the game thus far- haven't had much time to put into it, but it's really beautiful.

And can we download our DLC costumes yet?!

MORT1S

I am pretty sure Sony has a power budget in place when using active networking... So, yes as far as what they can manage online versus offline play.

sajj316

I thought enabling network features meant you couldn't get the extra horsepower that you would get if disabled. Going online doesn't necessarily tax the Vita but I believe you have less to play with.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

There's tag modes in UMvC3, Mortal Kombat, and SFxTK, so I don't see why it couldn't have been possible.

DOA Dimensions had the same type of semi-gimped "tag mode" too.

TheSeks

I'm wondering if it's to cut down on file size or something. That said, it's really weird that the one tag match is included in story mode and they didn't axe that or tweak it to be a two part battle.

I thought enabling network features meant you couldn't get the extra horsepower that you would get if disabled. Going online doesn't necessarily tax the Vita but I believe you have less to play with.

My bet is on the battery life, many other high ends PSV titles disable the network for different reasons.

Riddy

It may seem silly but I'm still up in the air over whether I should get the Vita or PS3 version. I got MVSC3U during a sale a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed with the controlling. I think the complicated combos in the game just don't go well with the Vita's buttons. Can I expect the same thing from DOA5+? Either way, I've been meaning to pick up this game one way or another for ages now

Top Bottom