• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
:T I have been trying since this morning. Want my swimsuits dammit.

Decided to talk to Sony (mistake). Getting told I need an online pass. WTF.

Are you outside the States? The U.S. Vita version doesn't require an online pass.

Lyte Edge

Nope. I'm here in Arizona. I am so confused. Is it because I don't have the PS3 version as well?

Nope, that has nothing to do with it. Idiots at Sony CS thought you had the PS3 version, then. The Vita version does not require an online pass.

Try all the usual stuff, like resetting your modem, resetting the Vita, maybe deleting and re-installing the game data?

Skilletor

I haven't played this much because I'm worried that when I copy my ps3 save over, I'll lose any progress I've made with the exclusive + stuff.

Totally random, but my Youtube page doesn't get much traffic, but the DoA vid I put up has as more views than the FF:Dissidia vid I put up years and years ago.

pariah164

... Oh for fuck's sake.

I just figured it out. For some reason, I wasn't fully connected. I had to go into my settings and connect to the wi-fi there. I didn't realize this was a thing. Never had to do that before. Oi.

Well, thanks for the help guys. Sorry I didn't realize my own stupidity was the cause.

So I should download and play the demo despite the fact that I'm buying the game tomorrow, right? There is exclusive shit to unlock?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I should download and play the demo despite the fact that I'm buying the game tomorrow, right? There is exclusive shit to unlock?

There's nothing exclusive there you won't get on the PS3 version if you just buy the full game.

So, no: If you're buying the game day one, don't bother with the demo.

Lyte Edge

The cross-play update is up!

Cross-save features have been added to the options screen. Going to see if the PS3 version has an update now...

TheSeks

The cross-play update is up!

Cross-save features have been added to the options screen. Going to see if the PS3 version has an update now...

Nice. Let us know if the trophies unlock instantly from cross-save.

Still no reviews other than Famitsu. Based on the similar media shroud TN protected NGS2+ with, I'd have been worried were it not for all of your stellar impressions.

Hope there is some promo lined up, though.

Lyte Edge

Nothing updated on PS3 yet.

I didn't see anything about trophies synching but I also couldn't tell you what I have on PS3 anyway. Don't care about trophies.

Lyte Edge

Can't access the PSN store for game DLC at the moment, either- wonder if something is going to be going up tonight?

Lyte Edge

Cross-play online is handled with the addition of an extra search option. You can select "Same" or "Any."

Assuming that without an update on PS3, I'm not going to be able to try this tonight.

ZeroAKA

Has a PSN store update ever happened early? Because I usually have to wait until Wednesday morning.
It was updated fairly early last week. I remember because people were complaining about missing out on last-minute Vita sales. Wasn't AC3L released at midnight?

TheSeks

It was updated fairly early last week. I remember because people were complaining about missing out on last-minute Vita sales. Wasn't AC3L released at midnight?

Some titles are, but it's really popular titles. I doubt DOA5+ will be up at midnight but it'd be a pleasant surprise if so.

Either way, I'll just have to...

grace.gif

Got the safe easy peasy. Now to wait so I can get my DLC on here.
Does it carry over your ranked fight record too?

I'd rather start off fresh with that considering how many disconnects I had early on before the patch that ruined my GP score, but I'm really not in the mood to do story mode again :p

Grisby

Yeah, I wonder if GCT will be early or late. Wonder how big the size will be on the dlc costumes as well. I don't have all of the ps3 ones but I got one or two packs.

Time to get my Mila back on.

pariah164

Yeah, I wonder if GCT will be early or late. Wonder how big the size will be on the dlc costumes as well. I don't have all of the ps3 ones but I got one or two packs.

Time to get my Mila back on.

Is Mila good to use for a semi-beginner? I do decently enough in training, but I get the feeling I'd be curbstomped online/arcade.

Just switched on my PS3 DOA5 and got a 1.05 patch update.

Just downloaded it. Cross-Save appears in the Settings menu and when selecting it, it says that anything unlocked (costumes or titles) in the one version won't count towards trophies on the other. Disappointing cause fuuuuuck doing Survival Legend twice (let alone 1500 total online fights).

Lyte Edge

Just downloaded it. Cross-Save appears in the Settings menu and when selecting it, it says that anything unlocked (costumes or titles) in the one version won't count towards trophies on the other. Disappointing cause fuuuuuck doing Survival Legend twice (let alone 1500 total online fights).

So the unlocked costumes don't carry over? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Skilletor

Does it carry over your ranked fight record too?

I'd rather start off fresh with that considering how many disconnects I had early on before the patch that ruined my GP score, but I'm really not in the mood to do story mode again :p

Nope. Fresh start. And you can't save cross play battle replays.

Grisby

Is Mila good to use for a semi-beginner? I do decently enough in training, but I get the feeling I'd be curbstomped online/arcade.
I'm a pretty casual fighter and DOA5 is the first game Ive ever put any real time in. I think I'm up to a c or so in rank.

So yeah, she is pretty good. You have to know when to judge the distance to your opponent when striking. I love it. Very tense.

Lyte Edge

Never mind, outfits do carry over. Cross-save in this game works just like SFxTK. I'm fine with having two online play records.

Never mind, outfits do carry over. Cross-save in this game works just like SFxTK. I'm fine with having two online play records.

Yeah, they carry over but they're marked as cross-play, so they have to be earned to count towards the trophy. That stuff I'm fine with, it's just the hard parts that are a pain in the ass.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So cross saving will not unlock trophies, but on the bright side it does not overwrite the vita file, so anything you unlocked will stay there.

Also, Just vsed someone on the ps3, finally some new players.

Edit: Attempting to find myself on ranked matches, I wonder if psn will explode

Edit 2: Looks like it was impossible, the funny thing is I managed to beat somebody with my hatsune miku controller. Entertaining.

Top Bottom