• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
First there was Neo-Geo Pocket.

Not too long after, SFA3 Upper on GBA assumed the portable fighting game throne.

Then, Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur on PSP rocketed the whole genre to new heights on handhelds.

UMvC3 gave us a glimpse of what could now be possible, and DOA5+ looks poised to bust through that door and deliver the future today (or on Tuesday, whatever).

Bow down before Team DOA, your new gods.

Revised-

First, there were the Takara SD fighters on Gameboy, which got good after World Heroes 2 JET came out. Props to Fatal Fury Special on Game Gear too.

Then there was the Neo-Geo Pocket which was pretty much perfect for the time.

The GBA got it right with SFA3 Upper and KOF EX2.

PSP continued the awesome with Darkstalkers, more SFA3, Tekken, and Soul Calibur. Unofficially, near-perfection was achieved with emulation.

DS had...uh...well Bleach DS2 was OK and had online!

The 3DS brought several games with good online play, although network functions were limited.

Then the Vita brought near-perfect versions of fighting games to portables. Street Fighter X Tekken set a new standard with cross-buy DLC, cross-save (for certain settings), and cross-play. PS All-Stars followed in its footsteps and offered cross-buy for the game.

DOA5+ looks to take SFxTK's crown and improves on the save system, but may falter due to the lack of lobbies and the removed tag system. Even then it still looks to be an excellent port.

anddo0

Gamestop:

Your DOA5 order avail Fr PM bring your trades etc....

Sure enough my store has it. I'm not leaving the house again for the day.. So, tomorrow maybe.

edit: website now says "ships in 24hrs". I guess it's out early.

Skilletor

My gamestop just called and told me to come pick mine up. The game isn't street dated.

I'll be picking mine up in an hour. :D

Hype.

Screenshot_2013-03-15-16-15-07.png

ZeroAKA

Sure enough my store has it. I'm not leaving the house again for the day.. So, tomorrow maybe.

edit: website now says "ships in 24hrs". I guess it's out early.
My gamestop just called and told me to come pick mine up. The game isn't street dated.

I'll be picking mine up in an hour. :D

Hype.
Whoa, I got the message a little while ago and figured it was just the normal deal. Mine says Friday too.
Screenshots and/or videos please. :eek:

Yopis

Great OT, OP!

It really seems like we can only count on the Japanese to deliver when it comes to boobage and sexploitation in games nowadays. Never change Japan.

Western devs have been neutered in this department. Fucking game reviewers making God of War devs cower and tremble over a fucking trophy name, and CD taking out key scenes in the new Tomb Raider are examples, amongst others.

Grabbing the PS3 version here.

EDIT:- OP, you're not really Leona Lewis from that 'My Hands' FFXIII song are you?

Witcher devs never changed.

Yay, got my copy.

Do you have a PS3 save? I'd really like to know what gets transferred over? Everything including titles? And do they unlock trophies if those requirements are fulfilled?

Speaking of which, what's the trophy list like? Mostly the same (aside from obvious exclusions like tag moves, lobby match, etc.) or completely different?

ZeroAKA

I was only slightly interested in this game about a week ago, but you guys have turned me into a convert. Will most likely buy digitally on Tuesday.

Now that native resolution is pretty much confirmed, how about frame rate?

Skilletor

Wow, I'm impressed.

I have a ps3 copy and tons of DLC. I'll report back when I know if somebody hasn't already.

Heading off now.

Ken

check gs online.
if its sgl up you should be able to order thru pick up in store and get your outfits...dunno about a walkin though

nope just checked

Eh, if it's anything like NGS2+, the Gamestop bonus will end up being bundled with "early" purchases of the digital edition. I guess I can wait (and clear out stuff off my memory card).

Eh, if it's anything like NGS2+, the Gamestop bonus will end up being bundled with "early" purchases of the digital edition. I guess I can wait (and clear out stuff off my memory card).

i was really about to go against my better judgement and go to gs.
but this the type of game ill probably want with me at all times so digital probably better and my conscious clear from not going to gs.

am jelly at the early ppl though

cafemomo

Do you have a PS3 save? I'd really like to know what gets transferred over? Everything including titles? And do they unlock trophies if those requirements are fulfilled?

Speaking of which, what's the trophy list like? Mostly the same (aside from obvious exclusions like tag moves, lobby match, etc.) or completely different?

Sorry, I don't have a PS3 save. So I can't answer that.

Here are more screens and the trophies I got so far.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Call your local Gamestops people- I just picked it up! Some stores said they didn't have it yet but I found one nearby that already had it on display.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Huh, well that explains why gamestop.com shipped my copy yesterday. Now I am just disappointed that I didn't pre-order instore :p

Good to know Alpha is already unlocked since I haven't done so on the 360. Currently doing command training with her.

Looks great, sounds great

anddo0

i was really about to go against my better judgement and go to gs.
but this the type of game ill probably want with me at all times so digital probably better and my conscious clear from not going to gs.

am jelly at the early ppl though

Same here, but my 32gb is at it's limit. I delete a game like every week. DOA5 is 3gb? I can't have another game take up that much space.

Sorry, I don't have a PS3 save. So I can't answer that.

Here are more screens and the trophies I got so far.

Oh okay, thanks for the screens anyway.

Can anyone else with a copy answer my questions? If the PS3/Vita transferring works as well as it does in other games then I'll probably pick it up.

Top Bottom