• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Someone posted a list of all the available background music on GameFAQs. You can set music based on either stages or make it character-specific:

Turn On the Lights
Russian Roulette
Machinations
The Roar of the crowd
Skyscraper
Beginning To The End
Scream
Polluted Air
Fire Alarm
Omen
Liberation
Collapse
Rapids
Cascade
Primitive Rhythm
Oblivion
Like a Dragon
The Secret of Kung-Fu
Tedious Days
Accelerator
Happy Funny Crazy
Tiger's Family
Light the Fuse
Niug-Nep Place
Into the Abyss
Tradition
Graceful Sounds
Gotta Move on
Knock You Down
Superstar
Mist Knows
Demensions Training
Can't Stop This Feeling
Urges
Repetition
Wired
An Invisible Shadow
Showdown
Cheerful Buddhist Priest
STAGE
Zany Zapper
I Feel For You
Fang
Hunter's Moon
Purity
Mentor
Solitary Desperation
Steel Horse Rider
Moonlit Lady
The Wind is Howling
Flowerbed
Shade
Successor
Tribal Beats
Alpha-152
Drunken Wolf
Serpent Dance

xL0uX0q.jpg

iqu4Y59XvqrLO.gif

OMG Aero

Potentially dumb question, but I got DOA5 on Playstation Plus and it's pretty fun so I was thinking of getting this version so I could play anywhere, and I was wondering whether I would be able to do cross play between my own Vita and PS3 when a friend comes over (since I only have one PS3 controller) or does cross play just let you go online and fight other people?

GorillaJu

Potentially dumb question, but I got DOA5 on Playstation Plus and it's pretty fun so I was thinking of getting this version so I could play anywhere, and I was wondering whether I would be able to do cross play between my own Vita and PS3 when a friend comes over (since I only have one PS3 controller) or does cross play just let you go online and fight other people?

Just sign into one account (on ps3) and the other account (on Vita) then play through the Internet.

anddo0

3-3.5gb seems accurate.

holy crap there's a lot of tutorials.

So far I'd rank this as the number 2 fighter on the Vita (1-UMvC3, 2-DOA5+. 3-BlazBlue, 4-Mortal Kombat, 5-SFxT, 6-PSABR)

Dantis

I can't believe people are disappointed with the graphics, haha. It looks miles better than every other fighter on the system.

After 45 minutes of play time, overall, I am not impressed. Visuals are nice, but not awe-inspiring. The arenas are less than original. Personally, the gameplay, it seems, is mostly about momentum and turtling. If you have the momentum, you are going to win. One mistake and you are going to lose. Turtle, find an opening and bingo, "A Winner is You". This seems worse than other iterations of the game. (I have not played DOA5). Touch mode is instant win. I am playing mostly with Kokoro, Kasumi, and Helena-my triumvirate of ta-tas. I'll be putting more time in before I make a final judgment, but at this point DOA:D>DOA5+, in the handheld DOA fight, all things considered. Obviously, YMMV.

I'm not sure I understand how any of this is different than in DOA:D. DOA5 has more content, better graphics, and better, more balanced gameplay. What exactly does DOA:D have over DOA5?

Yeah, truth hurts. ;) Take my post in full context. DOA:D has its issues, but so far, DOA 5+ is less than impressive. Where's Itagaki when you need him!?

Itagaki didn't make DOA:D either, you know. The last DOA game he worked on was DOA4.

I can't believe people are disappointed with the graphics, haha. It looks miles better than every other fighter on the system.

The bullshots posted in the preview threads for this game on the Vita created such a false impression that lead to the aforementioned disappointment.

Dantis

The bullshots posted in the preview threads for this game on the Vita created such a false impression that lead to the aforementioned disappointment.

The big difference seems to be self shadowing. I wonder if it was in there until late into development, and was removed for performance reasons.

dreamfall

I got that text last night about it being available yesterday, and went to sleep early! BAH!

Here's hoping I can pick it up today!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I see no "Come on Over" on that music list, gonna need to custom soundtrack that for Zack Island for the authentic experience. (Let's see how many people get this reference?)

Chaos Theory said:
can someone tell me how this game graphics / game play wise compared to the PS3 version ?

On par, but downgraded because the PSP2 isn't a mini-PS3, obviously, but it looks nearly the same in motion and gameplay.

Gameplay: It's the very same. HOWEVER:

-No online lobbies
-No tag mode

Anyone have any luck today?

I don't see it as available anywhere in Canada.

Also, never trust screenshots directly from the Vita.

I'm not sure I understand how any of this is different than in DOA:D. DOA5 has more content, better graphics, and better, more balanced gameplay. What exactly does DOA:D have over DOA5?

Those free spotpass costumes. Not sure if you can get them anymore.

Dantis

Anyone have any luck today?

I don't see it as available anywhere in Canada.

Also, never trust screenshots directly from the Vita.

Those free spotpass costumes. Not sure if you can get them anymore.

That's only because they couldn't fit all the outfits on the cartridge. Without the SpotPass outfits, DOA:D's costume list was really poor. Significantly lower than DOA5's.

Mesharey

No it's seriously tears. It comes from their face.

PS- is the dlc cross platform? I meant to preorder the game to get the costumes and I was wondering if I buy them, do they work on ps3?
Yes, they work.

I didn't see tears, just sweat. >.>
You can try to turn sweat off in the settings and check it out.

Just picked up the game and like always, I'm the only one who pre-ordered it. Anyway, I amazed by this port. Tried to see if I can find some frame drops because of Ninja Gaiden 2 plus but nothing so far. Graphics are great, definitely the character models. The environments aren't as great but not bad. Online seems solid when I played with this one guy several times.

Azuardo

No it's seriously tears. It comes from their eyes.

PS- is the dlc cross platform? I meant to preorder the game to get the costumes and I was wondering if I buy them, do they work on ps3?

haha, it does look like tears sometimes, but it is sweat.

btw, are we gonna organise some tournaments at all?

C-Sword

Might pick this up when I get my next pay check, going digital, so I can keep my MK cart in my Vita, I'm a bit disappointed that the demo isn't available until release day.

haha, it does look like tears sometimes, but it is sweat.

btw, are we gonna organise some tournaments at all?
I did one before and gave out a $20 PSN code since I couldn't get a $10 PSN code lol. Anyway, wouldn't it be hard to organize one for this version? No lobbies and all. Plus last time, we didn't get that many people to participate. I wouldn't mind doing it again though if there's some interest in it.

Azuardo

I did one before and gave out a $20 PSN code since I couldn't get a $10 PSN code lol. Anyway, wouldn't it be hard to organize one for this version? No lobbies and all. Plus last time, we didn't get that many people to participate. I wouldn't mind doing it again though if there's some interest in it.

No lobbies - I keep forgetting that... I guess it'd have to be down to accepting throwdowns if the player is using the Vita version (you can still do that, right?).

But I can see why it may be difficult to set up. Count me interested anyway, though!

DR2K

Banned
No lobbies - I keep forgetting that... I guess it'd have to be down to accepting throwdowns if the player is using the Vita version (you can still do that, right?).

But I can see why it may be difficult to set up. Count me interested anyway, though!

No throwdowns. Finding matches online is real quick though, so that's a big benefit to no lobbies.

Azuardo

No throwdowns. Finding matches online is real quick though, so that's a big benefit to no lobbies.

So you can't actually organise an actual 1 vs 1 fight with a friend in your PSN list at all? You can only play in random simple or ranked matches?

Top Bottom