• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Grisby

Haven't put the game in yet, how easy is it to do the cross save stuff? Has anyone tried it yet and downloaded all of their console dlc stuff?

DR2K

Banned
Haven't put the game in yet, how easy is it to do the cross save stuff? Has anyone tried it yet and downloaded all of their console dlc stuff?

Unknown. Should be patched in Tuesday(the day the game officially releases)

ZeroAKA

So I get that spectator mode and cutscenes are native res. Is the resolution lowered during actual gameplay? The impressions and screenshots in this thread are making me confused.

Gamespawn

So the only way to play tag team is during certain rounds of story mode? If so, that sucks so bad. I still remember it working on the DC. I wonder if they're going to sell it as dlc later...

Jeels

So I get that spectator mode and cutscenes are native res. Is the resolution lowered during actual gameplay? The impressions and screenshots in this thread are making me confused.

Cutscenes look almost on par with the console versions. Game play sometimes looks PS2ish. It isn't bad, I just kept finding the transition to be jarring.

Honestly, if one has a choice, I would choose the PS3 version. It is cheaper, and looks nicer. (And I don't think any of the new stuff is really worth it).

kuroshiki

Cutscenes look almost on par with the console versions. Game play sometimes looks PS2ish. It isn't bad, I just kept finding the transition to be jarring.

Honestly, if one has a choice, I would choose the PS3 version. It is cheaper, and looks nicer. (And I don't think any of the new stuff is really worth it).

Yeah but I can play DOA5 anywhere I want. That's huge plus for someone like me. XD

Swung by Gamestop to preorder this today, only to find out it was already available. Bought their only non-reserved copy. So, while I got the game today, I apparently will miss out on the preorder DLC. Anyway of obtaining it from Gamestop still, or am I just going to have to wait for it to inevitably go up for sale in the store?

DR2K

Banned
Swung by Gamestop to preorder this today, only to find out it was already available. Bought their only non-reserved copy. So, while I got the game today, I apparently will miss out on the preorder DLC. Anyway of obtaining it from Gamestop still, or am I just going to have to wait for it to inevitably go up for sale in the store?

Technically you should still be able to preorder it. If you preorder something else a manager can fetch a dlc code from the system.

cafemomo

Just had a rank match fight a few hours back. I
lost
but it was pretty fun.

No one seems to be on simple match mode though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just had a rank match fight a few hours back. I
lost
but it was pretty fun.

No one seems to be on simple match mode though.

No one was on Simple Match after launch on PS3 either, don't expect it. It's only ranked in a different name.

Question: Does the trophy list require it? Because I could see some people (me) playing simple match for the day on Tuesday.

Ken

Technically you should still be able to preorder it. If you preorder something else a manager can fetch a doc code from the system.

You can't. Or at least my GS wouldn't let me since it was already considered out.

DR2K

Banned
No one was on Simple Match after launch on PS3 either, don't expect it. It's only ranked in a different name.

Question: Does the trophy list require it? Because I could see some people (me) playing simple match for the day on Tuesday.

Yes.
You can't. Or at least my GS wouldn't let me since it was already considered out,

They should still be able to supply you with a code. Managers are able to if they want to.

Gameplay wise, DOA5 fixed the stun-guessing game DOA4:D had. Grape could write endless pages about this in regards of the gameplay, but let's just summarize: You're wrong. No matter if it's a short-snippet or the whole she-bang. You're wrong and there's nothing you can do to convince me of different.
You should probably check your facts before going around and telling other people that they're wrong.

No throwdowns. Finding matches online is real quick though, so that's a big benefit to no lobbies.
Hmm, hadn't thought about that. So frustrating when I have to wait 5 mins for a match on ranked.

Silver linings...

(Still no excuse for omitting Tag, though)

Yes.

They should still be able to supply you with a code. Managers are able to if they want to.

This actually just happened for me. Swung back by the store this afternoon while running errands. Asked, and they were able to print me up a new receipt with the code on it. Awesome.

DR2K

Banned
You should probably check your facts before going around and telling other people that they're wrong.

The stun system in DOAD only allow for launchers to launch and kept you in stun until a launch or a hold happened and had about zero guarnateed stuns and set ups. It was also in the wall game as well, so yes, it was "fixed" to allow for more guaranteed options.

Hmm, hadn't thought about that. So frustrating when I have to wait 5 mins for a match on ranked.

Silver linings...

(Still no excuse for omitting Tag, though)

Tag worked perfectly in story mode. No compromises.

Tag worked perfectly in story mode. No compromises.
Hmm. Team Ninja Dog strikes again.

Kidding. Or am I?

I don't remember what the tag missions were from story mode. Hopefully they were with decent characters so that I can treat them as the de facto offline tag mode.

Hmm. Team Ninja Dog strikes again.

Kidding. Or am I?

I don't remember what the tag missions were from story mode. Hopefully they were with decent characters so that I can treat them as the de facto offline tag mode.

There's a Tina/Mila, Eliot/Brad and maybe a couple more.

What's the consensus good port?
lei_fang_win_gif_doa5_by_kevin4-d51270n.gif

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Decided to pick up a copy while my other one is in the mail :p. Loving the port so far, I just wish there were more players online (should change once ps3 gets that patch).

Also there are less buttons so 2 commands will always be unassigned. No taunting for me :(

DR2K

Banned
Decided to pick up a copy while my other one is in the mail :p. Loving the port so far, I just wish there were more players online (should change once ps3 gets that patch).

Also there are less buttons so 2 commands will always be unassigned. No taunting for me :(

You can taunt with left right left F+P+K or more depending on the character.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You can taunt with left right left F+P+K or more depending on the character.

Oh, there's a command for it? Never knew that, always used the taunt button on the console versions. Will definitely try that out.

DR2K

Banned
Oh, there's a command for it? Never knew that, always used the taunt button on the console versions. Will definitely try that out.

Yup good luck memorizing Ayane or Leifangs taunts they have 6 each, lol. They show them in the command training.

Decided to wait for the digital release. Tempted to buy up some of the costume packs. So pricey though... :/

Also, has there been any took of a Soul Calibur V port. That would round out the fighter collection on my Vita.

Decided to wait for the digital release. Tempted to buy up some of the costume packs. So pricey though... :/

Also, has there been any took of a Soul Calibur V port. That would round out the fighter collection on my Vita.
Competent ports of SCV and TTT2 on Vita would round out my life collection.

3DS and WiiU getting all the Tekken love :-(

DR2K

Banned
It's basically the same style as the 3DS one. There's about 70 story missions IIRC.

Yup same format, but they removed the tutorials into its own mode.

Seriously people hit up that godly tutorial, even I was learning new things, lol.

I see no "Come on Over" on that music list, gonna need to custom soundtrack that for Zack Island for the authentic experience. (Let's see how many people get this reference?)

On par, but downgraded because the PSP2 isn't a mini-PS3, obviously, but it looks nearly the same in motion and gameplay.

Gameplay: It's the very same. HOWEVER:

-No online lobbies
-No tag mode

no tag mode as in 2 vs 2 right ?

if so thats kinda suck but not a big deal. but what do you mean no online lobbies ?

what the online lobbies do ?

branny

Does anyone know how big the digital version is yet? I need to decide what to delete for space. :(

Actually, nvm. I'm making space for this either way, so I guess I'll just find out the extent of the damage on Tuesday lol.

Competent ports of SCV and TTT2 on Vita would round out my life collection.
So much this! (except I'd toss Arcana Heart 3 in there, too)

I really hope Chronophantasma gets a Vita release to go along with GG later this year. And if Namco also surprised us with TTT2 Vita? I'd die on the spot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a penalty for disconnects? So many chumps today...

Not as far as I know of. Reason #5065098604586054860458065840864586058605808078048706587640580780458704570857048 of "Why Ranked Matches in Fighting Games Suck."

Top Bottom