• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What's the consensus good port?

Absolutely. Great port overall, but it's also disappointing that tag mode and online lobbies didn't make it in.

Competent ports of SCV and TTT2 on Vita would round out my life collection.

3DS and WiiU getting all the Tekken love :-(

Eh, the 3DS Tekken is just a weird Tekken 6 port with TTT2 Heihachi and changed-up backgrounds. Online play is extremely basic and not handled very well.

I would definitely love to see TTT2 and SCV come to Vita...with cross-play patched in for PS3!

Demo coming Tuesday?

Yes.

GrNwuP1.jpg

Eh, the 3DS Tekken is just a weird Tekken 6 port with TTT2 Heihachi and changed-up backgrounds. Online play is extremely basic and not handled very well.
It's also butt-ugly, but that's neither here nor there. All things considered, I'd rather play Tekken 6 on PSP (and my Vita, once it's made free on PS+ later this year).

But there's something to be said about Namco's Vita support, or lack of it. Odd considering all that Bandai love :-(

Since Team Ninja wants my money, I'll give it to them instead.

Lyte Edge

Yeah, Namco support does feel almost non-existent on Vita. Unless I'm forgetting something, there's not much on 3DS either. They did just release Tales Of Hearts R in Japan and on the Bandai side of things, One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 comes out this week.

Lyte Edge

What's online like right now? Is it mostly people good at DoA already?

Like with any other game, it's a mix of different skill levels. Not many people online yet either, since the official release date is Tuesday and PS3 cross play isn't available yet. After just a few matches I was #28 on the leaderboards.

It counts as a loss, as well as losing some points. I experienced this when my vita died during a match.
I'm still traumatized by my experience playing UMvC3 Vita, which didn't register a win or loss for GP until after the match was over instead of immediately when someone actually, y'know, won or lost. Made life very consequence-free for rage quitters and very frustrating for anyone who wanted to see a match to completion.

Not that I want anyone here to purposely quit a match, but I suppose it'd be helpful to know whether or not pressing the home or sleep button during an online fight immediately disconnects you. I hope there's some background mechanism at least to curb the quitters' behavior.

What's online like right now? Is it mostly people good at DoA already?
Not really. I'm bad at this game and I was ranked 15 last night. There are a lot of people who button mash right now(and I kinda do it too). I really need to learn how to block in this game and figure out a way to counter someone who is always on the offense.

Does anyone else have trouble inputting diagonal buttons on the vita? This is really bothering me and is messing up big time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I do. I found if you put your thumb in the middle of the D-pad where the "creases" of the D-pad meets it seems easier to do diagonal commands.

As for countering offensives, it's a matter of timing and then Free (er-"Hold")ing to "parry"/reversal.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I wonder how save file transferring will work, I hope it doesn't overwrite the vita's file, beating training mode was tough (I'm looking at you critical hit stun 3). Anyone got a date on that ps3 patch?

Also I got my first piece of hate mail, Tuesday should be fun.

Sol1dus

I wonder how save file transferring will work, I hope it doesn't overwrite the vita's file, beating training mode was tough (I'm looking at you critical hit stun 3). Anyone got a date on that ps3 patch?

Hate mail?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hate mail?

When some trash loser can't take a loss and has to make up excuses on why they lost.

Speaking of trash, I am having a hard time dealing with Hayabusa's stupid teleporting moves. I can't believe they costed me some games but it makes me absolutely furious. What is the most effective way of dealing with these people?

Sol1dus

When some trash loser can't take a loss and has to make up excuses on why they lost.

Speaking of trash, I am having a hard time dealing with Hayabusa's stupid teleporting moves. I can't believe they costed me some games but it makes me absolutely furious. What is the most effective way of dealing with these people?

Oh, those asses. I played online in DOA5+ once and the person kicked my ass but they messaged me saying good game. It was very nice of them. :p

I'm sure the same person would have blown up my messages list cussing me out though.

Skilletor

I've only run in to 3 different people playing ranked, haha.

DR2K keeps owning me :(.

Connections have been pretty spotty with a lot of pausing and slowdown, but when it's good it feels good.

Lyte Edge

I've only run in to 3 different people playing ranked, haha.

DR2K keeps owning me :(.

Connections have been pretty spotty with a lot of pausing and slowdown, but when it's good it feels good.

I had some matches against people with noticeable lag. The worst was against a guy who was taking advantage of it, spamming, and then turtling/running away the rest of the match. Then I had a match against another player who was really good, but when I was about to win, the match, which had been going smoothly, suddenly going insanely laggy when I attacked, then went back to normal when he hit me for the win. I just can't see someone sitting there lag-switching though.

pariah164

I can't wait till tomorrow when I can finally play online. Must play ranked fights to get those swimsuits. Because Survival? On Legend? Hahaha no. I'm decent, but I ain't that good.

Grisby

I've been waiting for the transfer stuff to go up so I can put a save on the vita. Can't wait to finally start taking it on the road.

pariah164

I've been waiting for the transfer stuff to go up so I can put a save on the vita. Can't wait to finally start taking it on the road.

The only reason I don't have this game on PS3 is because I lack a PS3. DOA:D was my first DOA ever and I loved it, so this was a no-brainer buy for me.

TheSeks

Huh, you get costumes for reaching a certain rank or what?

Matches played. You get Tina/Lisa/Christie's legendary bikini's at 150 matches played. Alpha/Jelly-Kasumi unlocks at 350 matches played.

What is the framerate like for DOA5+?

60FPS. Team DOA > Team Ninja Dog when it comes to optimization or removing things for the sake of that goal it seems.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Any idea when the Paradise swimsuits are going to be DLC? They come with the Japanese CE right?

You're a Tina user, aren't you?

Yeah, I do. I found if you put your thumb in the middle of the D-pad where the "creases" of the D-pad meets it seems easier to do diagonal commands.

As for countering offensives, it's a matter of timing and then Free (er-"Hold")ing to "parry"/reversal.
Thanks, I tried this for a couple of minutes it and it kinda helped with the diagonal upward directions but for downwards, i keep side stepping. I'll try this later. Hopefully I can get it down.

Guarding is hard for me, definitely for lower attacks. My timing is always off on the holds. Guess practice makes perfect.

When I saw DR2K on rank, that's when I stopped going on rank since I'm definitely not good enough for the people in the top 10. I'll wait until we can cross play so I can face the people around my level. So for now, simple matches for me. Even though there's this one guy who's on that and he just keeps owning me. I think that 20% of my loses are from him. lol Seems like a nice guy after I asked him for tips though.

What is the framerate like for DOA+?
Solid. I was surprised after the ninja gaiden ports.

Ohnonono

Matches played. You get Tina/Lisa/Christie's legendary bikini's at 150 matches played. Alpha/Jelly-Kasumi unlocks at 350 matches played.

60FPS. Team DOA > Team Ninja Dog when it comes to optimization or removing things for the sake of that goal it seems.

Great news. They will have my monies then at some point.

TheSeks

Timing counters is an annoying thing with online versus lag-free. Honestly, you're always going to have issues timing it, but you kinda want to time "before" an attack online. Like, if they hit you and you know the characters striking speed, you want to be a second or two ahead.

cafemomo

I can't seem to find my Gamestop receipt with the cheerleader costume pack code.

Will Gamestop give me another or am I SOL?

I can't seem to find my Gamestop receipt with the cheerleader costume pack code.

Will Gamestop give me another or am I SOL?
Email them and explain your situation. If you have the pre-order receipt before you picked up the game, use that as proof. They'll email you another code.

Timing counters is an annoying thing with online versus lag-free. Honestly, you're always going to have issues timing it, but you kinda want to time "before" an attack online. Like, if they hit you and you know the characters striking speed, you want to be a second or two ahead.
I see, thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I play online again.

pariah164

The costumes in DOA:D were free. Come on, Tecmo. Do Vita-only people a solid and only charge half price for the costumes. As it is, I'm strapped for cash (the only reason I got the game is because I had it paid in advance), and the money in my account is only enough for one whole pack (at $12.99).

Yes, I know this won't happen, but I can dream.

TheSeks

They should discount it in general. $100+ for all the outfits, WTF are you doing Tecmo?

pariah164

They should discount it in general. $100+ for all the outfits, WTF are you doing Tecmo?

Yeah, I definitely can't afford them all. So, in the interest of 'SCIENCE' and the fact I am horrid at decision making... If you could only buy one DLC pack, which one would it be?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The costumes in DOA:D were free. Come on, Tecmo. Do Vita-only people a solid and only charge half price for the costumes. As it is, I'm strapped for cash (the only reason I got the game is because I had it paid in advance), and the money in my account is only enough for one whole pack (at $12.99).

Yes, I know this won't happen, but I can dream.

I was waiting on a potential sale but the fact that they're still pumping out costumes, I don't think that's gonna happen. At least there is a free pack on the marketplace you can get.

Personally I would have liked it if they separated each costume for like $1.25, don't want to buy a pack for 3 other characters I don't play as.

branny

Yeah, I definitely can't afford them all. So, in the interest of 'SCIENCE' and the fact I am horrid at decision making... If you could only buy one DLC pack, which one would it be?
The only one I've bought so far is the Fighter Pack because the guys felt weird without "swimsuits", too. The costume packs with Leifang's panda outfit and Kasumi in her school uniform are next on my list.

Which characters do you like? I think that should help narrow your decisions a bit.

If the 3DS had the eshop when DOA:D released, Temco would have charged for them. :p

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
From what I heard, to get Lisa's swimsuit you can either play Legend mode, or play (not win, but play) 200 ranked matches.

Looks like I've got work to do.

Picked the game up on Sunday when I went to preorder, but was told I could buy the game since the street date was kicked to the curb. Didn't realize until after I left I screwed up and missed out on the free Cheerleader costumes (Gamestop preorder bonus). I was told I could just call tomorrow, and they'll give me a code.

I also hopped on PS3 and downloaded whatever free DLC they had for DOA5 so it can transfer over to +.

Edit: Oh, and I couldn't believe all the DLC costume packs for this game! Talk about going overboard!!

DR2K

Banned
Looks like I've got work to do.

Picked the game up on Sunday when I went to preorder, but was told I could buy the game since the street date was kicked to the curb. Didn't realize until after I left I screwed up and missed out on the free Cheerleader costumes (Gamestop preorder bonus). I was told I could just call tomorrow, and they'll give me a code.

I also hopped on PS3 and downloaded whatever free DLC they had for DOA5 so it can transfer over to +.

Edit: Oh, and I couldn't believe all the DLC costume packs for this game! Talk about going overboard!!

I have all the dlc lol. It's pricey but I think it is worth it because I know I'll be playing this until DOA6.

pariah164

Which characters do you like? I think that should help narrow your decisions a bit.

If the 3DS had the eshop when DOA:D released, Temco would have charged for them. :p

I main Leifang, Tina, Kasumi, Kokoro, and Ayane.

My secondaries are the rest of the girls. I don't play the guys at all, and I'm not a completionist, so I don't care about the guys' costumes at all. I wish they would charge per-costume as well, since some of the packs have characters I could honestly not care less about.

pariah164

Anyone else having issues getting to online matches via Vita? I try to connect, and it says I'm not logged in. But I am, because I can get to the PS Store just fine. Help would be appreciated.

Lyte Edge

Anyone else having issues getting to online matches via Vita? I try to connect, and it says I'm not logged in. But I am, because I can get to the PS Store just fine. Help would be appreciated.

Just had this happen. It then let me connect but has been sitting on the search screen. Maybe they're about to push out an update?

pariah164

Just had this happen. It then let me connect but has been sitting on the search screen. Maybe they're about to push out an update?

:T I have been trying since this morning. Want my swimsuits dammit.

Decided to talk to Sony (mistake). Getting told I need an online pass. WTF.

Top Bottom