• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goat

Yep, game looks great. Even with some low res assets and wonky shadows. Gotta take a hit somewhere.

As for the thread title about Watch_Dogs taking note, don't think that's quite a fair comparison. Having to concentrate on one platform is far easier than spreading yourself over several, with half those being last-gen.

Beaulieu

A little sad when the forum that is supposed to be the most knowledgeable about video games compares a next gen title to a crossgen one.

kmax

A little sad when the forum that is supposed to be the most knowledgeable about video games compares a next gen title to a crossgen one.

Well, it did get what was coming after the initial reveal. You can't mislead people and expect zero backlash.

vpance

I bet whoever's reviewing Ground Zeroes must be near tears straining to come up with a reason not to favor the PS4 version.

I can almost see them squirming.

It'll be similar reasoning as TR. "720p is fine for the kind of game MGS is".

hwateber

SHADOWS!

1394917041-1.jpg

1394917759-6.jpg
YEAH BUT CAN YOU DRIVE THE CARS?!? NOT TRUE OPEN WORLD!!!!!

Amir0x

Banned
god the use of color in this game, it's so gorgeous. I am ready for next-gen open world games to start finally *swoon*

edit: goddamn at the latest screens. goddamn! And that's people's direct captures! An open world game looks like this on consoles guys! We're finally here!

I would agree, but I did not enjoy what I played of inFamous at all and I'm sure Second Son fairs no different. Even though Watch_Dogs will probably look worse, I'm guessing it'll play better.

Yeah, because Ubisoft open world games are known for their great gameplay *cough*.

sirap

I bet whoever's reviewing Ground Zeroes must be near tears straining to come up with a reason not to favor the PS4 version.

I can almost see them squirming.

"Curiously, the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes appears to be too smooth for our eyes. Further investigation shows that Kojima Production's choice of running the game at 60 fps might have been the wrong choice, ruining the series signature cinematic feel and in some cases even causing nausea amongst our reviewers.

In conclusion, we recommend beginners and long time veterans of the series to play the game on the Xbox One or Xbox 360. Because FUCK IT, they both look the same anyway."

hohoXD123

I don't think Watch_Dogs should take note because of Infamous looking better, since there are many factors to consider, but they should take note to not release bullshots and piss off fans.

"Took us too far into the experience. At that moment in our lives, we didn't WANT to be in Seattle."

"The realism of the game took us too close to the uncanny valley. The visuals told us we were on a rainy Seattle street, yet our mind knew otherwise. We found that feeling unsettling."

TyrantII

But it's really sad when publishers pull a bait and switch, then get cagey that people notice and are not happy.

Especially when there's other options / devs currently in the marketplace that don't do that, and do uphold their promises of what they intend to release to their fans. At the least thres more that od apologize and cover why issues came up and choices had to be made; instead of trying to stay mum and hope less media savvy people only remember the E3 bullshit when they go to pick up their preorder.

If watchdog was more grounded in showing what PS4/XB1 should expect, there'd be no issue here. No one forced them to stretch the truth so far that it causes backlash as they crashed back down to earth. No one but themselves.

Amir0x

Banned
mother of FUCK at the screens. Like I said in the other thread, even if I end up cold on the gameplay like I have for the past inFamous games, I probably will still think I got my moneys worth just from the sheer spectacle alone. Good Grief is this game gorgeous, easily one of the prettiest open world games ever made @_@

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
mother of FUCK at the screens. Like I said in the other thread, even if I end up cold on the gameplay like I have for the past inFamous games, I probably will still think I got my moneys worth just from the sheer spectacle alone. Good Grief is this game gorgeous, easily one of the prettiest open world games ever made @_@

And this is a launch window, open world title from a studio not known for visuals last gen. We're going to see some insane shit over the next few years.

Obviously Infamous is way sharper with being native 1080p, but I honestly think its visuals are beaten out by GTA 5.
I dare you to back this up with actual captures from GTAV.

In what way.

One example would be these shots of Infamous. They're very clear and sharp, which is a massive plus, but everything looks overly glossy, and the textures either look a bit muddy or the "transition" between them is too clear, like the road stripes. In terms of rain shots with puddles, rain drops, and the natural-ness of city textures (if that makes sense), I think GTA V takes it. Obviously they're not as high res with being last gen, but their general design looks nicer and you can't beat good design.

RytGear

Sorry, meant to be on spoiler watch but that image of him with the bluey "aura" around him, is that a new power or him just draining a blue neon sign? If its a new power please spoiler tag it, I don't want to know.

Ishan

Sorry, meant to be on spoiler watch but that image of him with the bluey "aura" around him, is that a new power or him just draining a blue neon sign? If its a new power please spoiler tag it, I don't want to know.

its just his upgrade animation when he levels things .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom