• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo Punk

Took SP over 2 years into PS3's lifecycle to get infamous out and despite it being fun to play it definitely wasn't a pretty title. The fact they got visuals this spectacular 4 months in is truly amazing especially with the size of the studio.

farisr

Not trying to define open world. I'm saying that adding drivable cars and building interiors as opposed to just exteriors .

Infamous takes place entirely at night no day night cycles, I believe the only weather condition is rain. How is that comparable?

The game has 8 different Time Of Days. Sunny, foggy, rainy, overcast weather conditions. And has interiors as well (already saw one in a gif), and has to deal with a ton of enemies and particle effects, all out chaos going on.

I'd say they're at the least even in terms of what's being done with the open world. They each have their own high and low points. Watch Dogs doesn't need to deal with the character traversing at such high speeds that he can get to the top of a building all of sudden and has a vantage point that can see really far distances in the city.

BadAss2961

Took SP over 2 years into PS3's lifecycle to get infamous out and despite it being fun to play it definitely wasn't a pretty title. The fact they got visuals this spectacular 4 months in is truly amazing especially with the size of the studio.
I always thought inFamous was very underrated graphically, considering it was open world action.

farisr

i dont think its fair to compare a cross gen multiconsole game to a best looking console exclusive

The reason it's compared is because the reveal of that cross-gen game, which put that game on the map and hyped it a ton, looked comparable to what we're seeing this game do upon release.

kick51

Banned
The reason it's compared is because the reveal of that cross-gen game, which put that game on the map and hyped it a ton, looked comparable to what we're seeing this game do upon release.

i don't get how it generated hype with that reveal. there's zero compelling gameplay happening in any watch_dogs media, actually. it's clearly going to be another bland ubisoft open world game with a bunch of gimmicks and busy work.

Replicant

v2CqzTa.gif

im ready

PaVBVcU.gif

JFC. I'm dying.

alatif113

That statement makes me think you don't know how complex it is to program a game that has dozens of different varieties of cars, each with unique physics and a unique feel. It does change a lot. NPCs know youre in a car, the intractable objects react different to the physics of car, beeping your horn causes other cars to react. Do you really think that because the buildings look the same when your in a car that nothing changes? How about environments? Infamous takes place entirely at night no day night cycles, I believe the only weather condition is rain. How is that comparable?

Its not like the physics of all cars are being ran at all at one time...that much i can tell from the programming that i do know so its silly to suggest that having 10 types of vehicles will suddenly hog up 10 times the resources. But once again you're comparing apples to oranges. You can say cars and i can say powers, which also cause NPC's to react. Also, although there is no cycle it doesnt mean the entire game runs only at night. The screens above should be enough to disprove that. I should add that GTA too only has rain as a weather condition (the snow was only added during the holiday seasonal period).

I still dont understand how this game isnt "true" open world just because it doesnt mimick GTA. Thats my confusion here. They are two different games with they're own styles, but why is one considered not "open world" enough. That just seems silly.

farisr

i don't get how it generated hype with that reveal. there's zero compelling gameplay happening in any watch_dogs media, actually. it's clearly going to be another bland ubisoft open world game with a bunch of gimmicks and busy work.

The graphics were one of the biggest draws of the game for a lot of people. Which is why there are so many graphical discussions regarding the game.

Also, those ubisoft open world games keep selling, people like em that's why. You find it bland, they probably don't. That's another discussion. It's fine to not get it. Everyone has different tastes.

TOUCH ME I'M SICK!

Man those screenshots look good. I wish Sony bundled the game with a PS4 and sold it. I would instabuy that. Since the PS4 is hardly on shelves anyway, I'll have to wait until the library gets bigger. I'll play this game somehow in 2014.

Leb

Nice. This is looking even better than KZ:SF and the gameplay almost HAS to be better than KZ:SF's.

Will wait for reviews, but I'm thinking this might be the first must-have PS4 game.

Superman

TOUCH ME I'M SICK!

Man those screenshots look good. I wish Sony bundled the game with a PS4 and sold it. I would instabuy that. Since the PS4 is hardly on shelves anyway, I'll have to wait until the library gets bigger. I'll play this game somehow in 2014.

There is going to be an InFAMOUS PS4 bundle.

I guarantee if Watch_Dogs was only focused on PS4/X1/PC it would look something like this.

Battlefeild 4 was a cross gen title and it doesn't look like a HD remaster on next gen.

Granted BF4 was / is kinda busted but still. BF4 also a day 1 launch game and DICE is only a fraction of the team working on Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs has no excuse for how it turned out other then shit went wrong or they decided to make a last gen game and port up instead of making a next gen game and port down

Great shots and I agree, the game is gorgeous. You guys are in for a treat next Friday.

I wish you could turn the HUD off (or at least very transparent) the way you could in previous games though. If you can in this game, I haven't figured it out yet.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, this shit is ridiculous. They ain't even playin'. Seattle gets Almost Live! AND Sucker Punch?

How's this shit fair?

I guarantee if Watch_Dogs was only focused on PS4/X1/PC it would look something like this.

I wouldn't be surprised either, Ubisoft made Assassin's Creed one of the first games that really wowed people about what the last-gen of consoles was capable of. It's a damn shame they decided to sacrifice that by holding on to 360/PS3 just a little too long.

Coulda shoulda woulda.

PirateKing

I'm wondering, how are they treating this game? I mean, when and hopefully if it becomes successful, are they going to go with a trilogy? What about the name? Second Son 2? I feel like, this is a standalone game and they'll probably be done with Infamous after this. Maybe they'll release something similar to Festival of Blood, but I feel like they're going to move on to something new next time.

K' Dash

lol them overrated graphics. i swear man, its like console gamers seeing this kind of stuff, they think its the second coming of christ. whats good about it? that dof? the details? its good, nothing mindblowing.

I'd watch my mouth if I were you, Junior, I've seen people banned for less.

farisr

I'm wondering, how are they treating this game? I mean, when and hopefully if it becomes successful, are they going to go with a trilogy? What about the name? Second Son 2? I feel like, this is a standalone game and they'll probably be done with Infamous after this. Maybe they'll release something similar to Festival of Blood, but I feel like they're going to move on to something new next time.

They'll probably just go with another title. Not too hard. They already said they'd love to work on another inFAMOUS game if this game becomes a success.

People are not dumbasses. As long as it has the inFAMOUS name, they'll recognize the game as a sequel.

You mean to tell me that a cross-gen multi-plat title doesn't look as good as an exclusive built from the ground up for current gen? Color me surprised!

nasanu

Banned
A crisp high definition douche is still a douche. I wish I could play this but I just want the main character to die.

Ploid 3.0

lol them overrated graphics. i swear man, its like console gamers seeing this kind of stuff, they think its the second coming of christ. whats good about it? that dof? the details? its good, nothing mindblowing.

I'm a console gamer that went PC and I now play on PC 80-90% of the time and I think the graphics in this game are outstanding. I watched the stream yesterday and was floored, and I mod skyrim with all the crazy pretty graphics people add to it.

Bethesda current gen only game should be a whole different beast though.

Like I said before this gen started, modded skyrim is the thing to try to reach. It shouldn't be hard since it's a game made with polygons of the old gen (though some modders managed to improve the mesh of inanimate objects).

This Infamous has effects all over the place, post processing, beautiful lighting, everything that seem to make modded skyrim look so good. And thanks to the powers, speed of movement/jukes, weather, and battles these effects are all over the place.

gcubed

That statement makes me think you don't know how complex it is to program a game that has dozens of different varieties of cars, each with unique physics and a unique feel. It does change a lot. NPCs know youre in a car, the intractable objects react different to the physics of car, beeping your horn causes other cars to react. Do you really think that because the buildings look the same when your in a car that nothing changes? How about environments? Infamous takes place entirely at night no day night cycles, I believe the only weather condition is rain. How is that comparable?

I'm not sure you can be more misinformed about a game in a single post then this

The IQ isn't the only thing great about these screenshots. You could see that everything Sucker Punch was talking about creating a great atmosphere to the game to bring the Seattle-ness to life wasn't just a bunch of PR bullshit.

The vividness of the colours, atmosphere, lighting, reflections, even the tone of visuals in the particle effects, all these things add up to amplify how beautiful those shots look.

PirateKing

They'll probably just go with another title. Not too hard. They already said they'd love to work on another inFAMOUS game if this game becomes a success.

People are not dumbasses. As long as it has the inFAMOUS name, they'll recognize the game as a sequel.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting two more Infamous games, but I also want SP to make something different as well. Perhaps make a smaller team for an original IP for PS Vita? Like MM with Tearaway?

Sky Chief

It is a crime that Sony is advertising this game with a live action commercial. I mean look at these pictures, this game is stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom