• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2's PS4 Exclusive Content will Arrive on PC and Xbox One in 2018

jviggy43

No ones assuming what features it wont have though.. im simply saying based on the video we have, we know very little about the game therefore can conclude 1) You can play with other players (Potentially co-op) 2) Loot drops and thats pretty much it. Thanks for your opinion though!
You literally started this discussion by saying it won't have raids or pvp lol

Strakt

You literally started this discussion by saying it won't have raids or pvp lol

Once again, go back and reread my posts. The first response was literally a sarcastic response to a shit post that had nothing to do with the thread. It then turned into a scenario where people took it as actual fact and i later went on to say with the current information out there and a small 3 min clip, theres no source out there saying the game will have raids and/or pvp until an actual official source comes out. NEVER said the game wouldnt have these features when the game launches, but as of right now, no sign indicates to it having any with the very little information out there.. and that people shouldnt get over hyped and start shit posting in destiny threads for no reason. So pretty much TLDR; with current information, all we know is its a game where you can play with other players (maybe co-op mode) and a single piece of loot drops (Legendary weapon).

Midas

i guess every destiny thread for the next 3 months is going to turn into an "anthem might be better" thread

Yeah, that'll be the new thing, instead of the posts about how disappointed with they were with Destiny and its content three years ago. And to spice things up, write some nice things about how Sony saved them $60 because now they won't buy the game, which they never planned to from the beginning.

jviggy43

Once again, go back and reread my posts. The first response was literally a sarcastic response to a shit post that had nothing to do with the thread. It then turned into a scenario where people took it as actual fact and i later went on to say with the current information out there and a small 3 min clip, theres no source out there saying the game will have raids and/or pvp until an actual official source comes out. So pretty much TLDR; with current information, all we know is its a game where you can play with other players (maybe co-op mode) and a single piece of loot drops (Legendary weapon).
Which no one was arguing until you brought it up haha like What? No one was in here saying it had raids or pvp. You also then went on a tirade of posts arguing that we should assume it doesn't have those features because they didn't announce it during the reveal, which is just as ridiculous as saying you can. You've entirely changed the narrative of the argument you were previously making.

Strakt

Which no one was arguing until you brought it up haha like What? No one was in here saying it had raids or pvp. You also then went on a tirade of posts arguing that we should assume it doesn't have those features because they didn't announce it during the reveal, which is just as ridiculous as saying you can. You've entirely changed the narrative of the argument you were previously making.

And once again, my first post was a sarcastic response to a wild anthem fanboy that popped in here for no reason whatsoever. I guess that response triggered a lot of other Anthem fanboys because i was "spreading misinformation due to being upset" in which I replied back to them saying a lot of people are over hyping themselves up to the point where they need to appear in every destiny thread when the game itself hasn't even confirmed major features that destiny has ( raids / pvp ). Please just stop responding at this point, you're going no where with your responses.

I am shocked that a marketing slogan used to sell a console only applies to the people buying said console

Your point makes no sense. Of course Sony wants to appeal to the PC/Wii/Xbox crowds through their marketing and advertising. That's the point. Remember the "It only does ________" commercials, for example? Same thing. Trying to gain more customers, not just advertise to the existing base. That'd be narrow-minded, short-sighted, and terrible business.

sugarman

Well I'll definitely be passing on this and I have both consoles. Anti-consumer as hell, fuck you and your deals, Bungie.

SgtCobra

At least it's not a permanent exclusive. Yet some people over here act as if this stupid practise hasn't been going on for years now with the Destiny franchise.
This thread is so corny. We've known about this deal since Destiny's launch and now we want to feign outrage and take potshots?
Pretty much this. Shit won't change, it's set in stone in a contract, it has been paid for.

i guess every destiny thread for the next 3 months is going to turn into an "anthem might be better" thread
New material for Destiny threads to be shat on!

StUnNeR H2K

This thread is so corny. We've known about this deal since Destiny's launch and now we want to feign outrage and take potshots?

The deal was known, but the original reference to it in Destiny 2 was that it was exclusive for a minimum of one year, which implied that it could be longer. This clarifies the time table PC/XB1 players will have to wait.

Reminder that the Taken King content that was exclusive to PS4 is still not available to XB1 players and it has been almost two years.

Head.spawn

Judging by what Bungie/Activision claimed about timed exclusive content with the first game, I feel like a mod should add *Rumor* to the thread title until it actually comes out.

Honestly shocked that so many journalists let that scummy shit slide. I feel like if it were MS's deal you would have them all coordinating in their chat and working in tandem to write stories about how it's the worst thing ever in the industry to blatantly lie to customers about one release date, and then artificially extend that date to when the damn sequel comes out.

The deal was known, but the original reference to it in Destiny 2 was that it was exclusive for a minimum of one year, which implied that it could be longer. This clarifies the time table PC/XB1 players will have to wait.

Reminder that the Taken King content that was exclusive to PS4 is still not available to XB1 players and it has been almost two years.

I feel like there are a ton of people taking Luke's statement as fact that aren't aware of this.

CSJ

That'll show'em.

A big part of Destiny is the community experience, which you will still be contributing to. Them some flimsy soap boxes some of y'all stand on.

I don't think this is a big deal, but some of you claim it is but certainly don't act like it, which is a large part of why this practice that you claim you hate will continue to happen. It works.

Look at the unbiased fan here.
What happened to voting with my wallet? It's a normal thing to do; what else can we do when they have shitty decisions.

Either buy or don't.

Head.spawn

Okay we know about the deal, but do we know when the actual exclusivity period ends?

If we base it on what we've known since the launch of Destiny, the answer is, "No.".

We have Luke telling us this, but if past experience is anything to go by (they still haven't released it for Destiny 1).. how is anyone expected to take it at face-value? When is Iron Banner exclusive stuff coming to XBO? With Destiny 3?

Van Bur3n

They might as well just say one year later because that's what it fucking means. If we ever get it considering there is already content we've yet to get that's due on Xbox for the first Destiny. Which is redundant now with D2 on the way.

Luke is a lying sack of shit working under shitty companies. He can eat my ass.

Okay we know about the deal, but do we know when the actual exclusivity period ends?

If we base it on what we've known since the launch of Destiny, the answer is, "No.".

We have Luke telling us this, but if past experience is anything to go by (they still haven't released it for Destiny 1).. how is anyone expected to take it at face-value? When is Iron Banner exclusive stuff coming to XBO? With Destiny 3?

At least until Sept 2018. Maybe longer. I doubt Xbox will ever get the PS4 IB Camelot armor. Shame too since it's my favorite armor to wear.

Spoo

Just out of curiosity, does this particular deal with Sony extend all the way back to the beginning of the relationship between Bungie/Activision and Sony? If so, all of this kind of just stems from a bad deal (in the sense that it's not content everyone will be guaranteed to see) that they can't really turn around on. It makes sense to call bullshit about the deal itself, but if it's a deal made so long ago (the whole 10 year plan), then I can sympathize somewhat with Bungie here in that, they made a deal they'd probably like to be out of and can't be.

I legitimately think this is probably the worst and most anti-consumer "marketing deal" this industry has seen. It's shitty on so many different levels. It goes way beyond any of the dumb deals from last generation that had maps a month early or an indie dev taking extra financing for a few months of exclusivity.

Destiny was a game with an obviously troubled development (which is a running theme when it comes to Bungie's history). It seems pretty clear that they were forced to cut and delay content in order to have DLC and expansions to sell, in order to satisfy their contract with Activision. To then further cut out more content, from a game that was already severely lacking, in order to do a marketing deal is fucking absurd. Especially considering how game changing some of that content was, like Hawkmoon. It's also insulting considering it's a deal that is directly a "fuck you" to a large number of their die hard fans that supported them since the first Halo game. The deal is so dumb that it even somewhat fucks over PlayStation players since it limits how the content can be used. Literally everyone involved with this deal sucks for it. I'm sure it has been successful, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.

I'm sure it was something they agreed to years ago, but that doesn't change how disgusting it is that it's happening again with the sequel.

Freeman76

Thanks but no thanks. Was maybe interested in grabbing this on PC, but this is gross. Not supporting Destiny 2.

Lol fuck me I cannot believe the shit I read on GAF sometimes. This is business, plain and simple, its not gross in any way shape or form. Its like saying its bad the TLoU isnt coming to XBox etc. Wake up and smell the coffee ffs.

My first reaction was, "I don't really know why this is surprising or why it matters that much." But I guess everyone has a right to be upset about whatever they want. Keep in mind that a big part of why the exclusivity was so annoying in the first game was the lack of content. If Destiny 2 has the same issue, people should keep in mind that the underlying issue is the lack of content in general.

Its like saying its bad the TLoU isnt coming to XBox etc.
No, the better analogy would be: Naughty Dog's next game is multi-platform and only 3 hours long...but Xbox players will get an extra mission, that maybe in a year or two (or never) will come to PS4.

Keep in mind that a big part of why the exclusivity was so annoying in the first game was the lack of content. If Destiny 2 has the same issue, people should keep in mind that the underlying issue is the lack of content in general.
For sure. If Destiny had actually been the game that Bungie sold to us, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. It would still be incredibly shitty, but that context is important and makes the deal much harder to swallow. There's also really zero reason to believe Bungie got their shit together and Destiny 2 will be what it should be.

120v

i had just always assumed there was going to be exclusive content on ps4. it's just a reality of modern gaming that i've accepted.

I love how salty the Xbox fans are, i bet most of them were applauding when Titanfall was announced as an exclusive. They should be happy they're getting the base game.

Doesn't bother me 💁🏽*♂️ I found the first destiny to be boring. And this One looks no different

Lol fuck me I cannot believe the shit I read on GAF sometimes. This is business, plain and simple, its not gross in any way shape or form. Its like saying its bad the TLoU isnt coming to XBox etc. Wake up and smell the coffee ffs.

Consumers just have to accept things are the way they are because it's "business"? Come on. This is what being a consumer is about, you take your business elsewhere if you don't like what you see/hear.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I really doubt it.

My guess is, just like with the first game, a tonne of stuff just never makes it over because they just won't bother.

Lasty95

Saves me $60, thanks Sony!

Do you really mean that? Really really? You're going to miss out on one of the biggest and best games of the year because Sony have paid loads of money for a marketing deal?

I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole exclusivity stuff. I mean, I guess it's a shame for all the XB and PC folks sure, but it makes total sense from a business perspective and as a practice is sure isn't going anywhere. You may as well complain about water being wet.

The exclusivity will repay Sony many times over and the numbers taking the above stance will barely count as a minority.

It's really not that big of a deal.

Top Bottom