• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves will Have no New Raid

cooperma

Might make sense, no matter how much I don't like it. Thank of it this way-

3 different difficulties were data mined right? 28/32/35 I thought. Could be wrong. Release 28/32 at launch. Release 35 later after people level. Cut it to 3 person fire teams and then force people to do it multiple times so their clan can all do it. Perfect way to space out till comet ( which I will be surprised if it hits September)

This sucks... But I will reserve judgement until I get to play it. If the raids that release with comet are VoG style and there is more than one, that makes me feel a little better. Regardless no full raid for house of wolves hurts.

I don't play raids so I would like to see more 1-3 person content like snore strikes and missions. Doesn't seem like there is a ton of that either so I'll just probably play the new missions and then put it away again.

launching a game with no content wasnt enough

now they have to cut content from DLC as well

Disgusting developer of a disgusting game

I'm a skeptic for that stuff seems like conjecture. I used to work somewhere where idiots use to regurgitate those episodes as fact. It was scary.

Same here. Merely joking around. It does seem that Bungie may have borrowed some of the ancient astronaut theory though.

I hope the prison of elders turns out to be good.

Is such a thing possible? Yes it is

R0ckman

No Raid?

tumblr_m9w2ihlf5b1qiceiuo1_500.gif

gdt

Man, I put in 750 hours and I loved all of it. At least 400 hours of that is raiding with gaffers having a blast. No new Raid......damn man gotta say the hype just evaporated.

Vanguard

Sold my copy back in January to get as much back as I could after I got bored with it and felt a little burned by the first "expansion". Not regretting that decision at all. (Regret getting the expansion pass in the first place though)

Curious about the future release of one since that will be outside of the season pass. They could use the goodwill they'd gain by releasing some free content. But, I don't see that happening.

Everdred

I'll not bothered. I played a ton of VoG but only did Crota a few times. I get tired of having to find a raid group so whatever this is will be much easier to coordinate.

Kusagari

I have no idea what redeemable feature people are finding in Destiny if they're not playing the raids.

They're the only unique and interesting thing the game has.

Sifl

Might make sense, no matter how much I don't like it. Thank of it this way-

3 different difficulties were data mined right? 28/32/35 I thought. Could be wrong. Release 28/32 at launch. Release 35 later after people level. Cut it to 3 person fire teams and then force people to do it multiple times so their clan can all do it. Perfect way to space out till comet ( which I will be surprised if it hits September)

This sucks... But I will reserve judgement until I get to play it. If the raids that release with comet are VoG style and there is more than one, that makes me feel a little better. Regardless no full raid for house of wolves hurts.
Couldn't they just have made another level 32 raid offering new loot to get? Wanting the next dlc to have the highest level difficulty raid isn't an excuse for this dlc to be barebones.

Deadman

How dumb are they to drop this bomb now and rather than properly talk about everything they are going to drip feed information once a week for the next month.

Destiny having a separate activity than a Raid is not the problem- especially if they are going to give us the Raid for free at a later date as they implied. The problem.. is that the replacement activity is three players. THREE players. They give us this end-game content that has us cultivate groups of friends in order to do these six player activities. We play together and look forward to further events together. Then they don't add an activity for the number of people that they had us build? It's just... it just does not make sense.

Lunar15

How dumb are they to drop this bomb now and rather than properly talk about everything they are going to drip feed information once a week for the next month.

Better now than later. It's best to be upfront with disappointment and then distract with what is new.

Obscured

I'm hoping the arena ends up being something new and interesting. I'm not ready to write off the game, but damn this is going to be recieved badly.

They mention that there will be a raid coming, I'm curious who will have access to that content. If it will be considered a continuation of content from the expansions, part of comet or a stand alone piece.

Overall it sounds like they realized they need to put more effort into raid design. I'll be interested in what they learn going forward and I'm hopeful, but think I'll be waiting for detailed info before putting down any more cash for the next iterations.

Destiny having a separate activity than a Raid is not the problem- especially if they are going to give us the Raid for free at a later date as they implied.
They implied this?

Wow... Season pass owners. I'm sorry?
The only way to avoid getting screwed with DLC passes is to wait until all the content is out, or at least enough to justify the price. Anything else is damn near guaranteeing disappointment.

Cob32

I think it's gonna be interesting to see how this arena works though since it will have to have content/grind to keep most people playing until comet.

15strong

I feel like people are overreacting without knowing about the new game mode. Shouldn't we find out about what the new content will be before calling bungie "disgusting" and "atrocious"?

Commodore

I play with two other friends mostly. Been really hard coordinating 6 people to get a raid going Not really interested in playing with randoms. Half the fun of Destiny has been playing and laughing with good friends online with a cooperative back drop. For that, Destiny has worked very well. A new three player cooperative mode? That's actually good news in my book. But admittedly shit for players who thrive on the raid content. Wish it the DLC included both, would have likely fostered some good will from an increasingly jaded player base.

Coins

Banned
If someone had posted prelaunch that Bungie was going to drop the ball like this with Destiny, I would have laughed and secretly wished for a mod to ban you as a troll.

Now my mind is just full of fuck.

Grimsen

I played a lot of destiny pre-crota, and played enough to get one of my characters to 32, but this is pretty crappy news.

People were expecting so much from Wolves. But it seems Bungie is really working hard on Comet, and didn't bother to rework their original crappy DLC plans.

I bought the collectors edition, and at this point I was only looking forward to house of lols to do the raid finish destiny and be done with it. Now I don't even get a raid to play and probably won't download house of lols. Good show Bungie!

I can't believed I hyped this game for years.

BokehKing

Banned
Let's not get it confused

I will play the cap out of the arena
I just wish it was 6 people
And I'll probably still play the Witcher 3 first

They need to stop calling this shit an 'expansion' its not even the same amount of content that other games give away for free but they call it an expansion so they can charge 20$ for it. Complete BS.

What scares me is how many people still play Destiny, I just don't get what people find so appealing about it still.

I'll be very curious to see how many people will end up buying any other DLC after this one, I bought the original game with the expansion pass and got rid of the game a month later, worse purchase I've done in a long time, but I'm far from the only one many people already paid for this glorified map pack I'll be curious to see how well the next one does.

Also wasn't this originally going to come out in freaking March? Delayed it for 2 months and still no raid? If Blizzard pulled that shit the WoW audience would murder them.

Trace

Banned
Sounds good to me. I found the last raid to be quite dull, I've been excited for Trials of Osiris since last year and hopefully the Arena makes up for the lack of a "real" raid.

Paying eight months ahead of time for content that is very light on details at the point of release is always a bad idea.

As someone who has poured 800 hours into Destiny, I buy DLC as it comes depending on if its worth it. i have been lied to many times in the past.

speiky

When they announced the release date, I got worried. I didn't know how to split my time between the expansion and Witcher 3.
I'm good now. Thanks Bungie.

Zareka

What on earth happened? I've heard nothing but bad things about how this game has been handled since launch. How did they jump from Halo to this? How?!

Top Bottom