• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Switch will be announced tomorrow (tomorrow=yesterday!)

Eteric Rice

Wow, first Blizzard game on Nintendo since Starcraft 64 I believe?

This is a pretty good thing for Nintendo. Building them bridges back.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Good for people who enjoy it but I'm still sitting here and waiting for Tokyo Mirage Session #FE for Switch. Come on Atlus and Nintendo.

cryptoadam

Banned
Another game that would of been a big hit at Nintendo's E3 conference.

Warframe/Doom Eternal (I am still doubling down on Young Blood coming too) and now Diablo 3.

I am convinced Nintendo wanted E3 to be all about Smash this year. With what Sakurai is putting into the game I think he deserves all the spotlight.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Wow, first Blizzard game on Nintendo since Starcraft 64 I believe?

This is a pretty good thing for Nintendo. Building them bridges back.

I looked this up and found this:

Blackthorne, The Lost Vikings and Rock n’ Roll Racing for the Game Boy Advance were the last Blizzard games released on a Nintendo console, and that happened back in 2003.”

Eteric Rice

I looked this up and found this:

Blackthorne, The Lost Vikings and Rock n’ Roll Racing for the Game Boy Advance were the last Blizzard games released on a Nintendo console, and that happened back in 2003.”

I feel like as a collector of video games I should have known about this. :|

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love my Switch, but these ports are getting a little ridiculous.

I know the game's been updated and tweaked to high heavens, but this game came out in 2012 and I've played it on basically everything I've owned since.

Mr Hyde

Fuck yes! I loved Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls. This will be a great game for the Switch. Day 1 for me. Haven´t played Rise of the Necromancer though. Is it a new class or is it more, like a new campaign or new Rifts? Somebody care to explain?

astroglide

This is great for them. Awesome game. At the same time how is this a big deal if anything its just another game that came out last gen coming to there system. Still waiting for those exclusives. Ones aimed at adults would be nice

Redshirt

Banned

I know the game's been updated and tweaked to high heavens, but this game came out in 2012 and I've played it on basically everything I've owned since.

Have you played it while taking a dump, though? Cuz I'll be honest. I'm intrigued.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fuck yes! I loved Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls. This will be a great game for the Switch. Day 1 for me. Haven´t played Rise of the Necromancer though. Is it a new class or is it more, like a new campaign or new Rifts? Somebody care to explain?

Just a new class. There's the same flimsy "story" elements just like the other classes get (if you've played the games before, think "those animated inkscapes") but essentially it's the same experience just with a new moveset, passive abilities, etc that comes with a new class.

Kinda like how the Crusader added almost nothing to Reaper of Souls by itself, but even worse because at least with the Crusader we got some more in-game lore to tie it in.

hey I would love to get xcom or xcom 2(with touch screen controls) on the switch and I have the pc version of the first(though I didn't buy it as Joystiq gave them out.

Mr Hyde

Just a new class. There's the same flimsy "story" elements just like the other classes get (if you've played the games before, think "those animated inkscapes") but essentially it's the same experience just with a new moveset, passive abilities, etc that comes with a new class.

Kinda like how the Crusader added almost nothing to Reaper of Souls by itself, but even worse because at least with the Crusader we got some more in-game lore to tie it in.

Okay, well, a new class is better than nothing I guess. It will be interesting to see how much has changed since last time I played, which was a couple of years ago.

FCKAFD

is it just me or does it feel like this console only gets like over half decade old 3rd party games?

EDarkness

My wife and I have been playing Titan Quest and getting actual Diablo would be great. Looking forward to picking this up.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Something in my gut told me to wait on Diablo III. I haven't played it since I stopped playing the PC version. That was before "Loot 2.0" so it was awhile ago. I've always wanted to jump back in but I was waiting on the right package.

This is it.

Redshirt

Banned
Considering the type of game Diablo is, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have taken a dump while playing already...

You're just being mean.

BL2WN3E.gif

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Ganondorf? Sold. However I wish the Wii U had a little more success. We could have had a Warcraft/Starcraft collection or something. To think the console with a big touch screen controller that actually would make a little sense for RTS games didn't get any. Sure they would still be inferior to the PC versions, but think of how comfy it would be to play them in bed.

Michele

you.
Go go Nintendo! You're already popular!

With Diable 3 being on Switch, Nintendo will definitely get a lot of hardware sales!

Ganondorf? Sold. However I wish the Wii U had a little more success. We could have had a Warcraft/Starcraft collection or something. To think the console with a big touch screen controller that actually would make a little sense for RTS games didn't get any. Sure they would still be inferior to the PC versions, but think of how comfy it would be to play them in bed.
Ganondorf? Um, this isn't Legend of Zelda/Smash...

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Go go Nintendo! You're already popular!

With Diable 3 being on Switch, Nintendo will definitely get a lot of hardware sales!

Ganondorf? Um, this isn't Legend of Zelda/Smash...
One of the Links (no pun intended) said that it would get "special Nintendo exclusive in-game bonuses: the Legend of Ganondorf cosmetic armor set, Tri-Force portrait frame, Chicken pet "

Last edited by a moderator:
is it just me or does it feel like this console only gets like over half decade old 3rd party games?

I feel the same. Everyone who wanted these games already played them five years ago. Kinda feels like Steam sales that only have old console games that are five years old or more.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
funny as skyrim is my most played game on the switch next to breath of the wild

Curious about performance in portable mode. I don't see this running at a stable 30fps in handheld during a high GRift.
I won't buy, though. Unless they let us transfer from PC to Switch... which I doubt is going to happen.

well d3 and skyrim are like 7 years old now...
...and both have been re-released for PS4 and XO. So why make a big deal out of a Switch port?
The fact that you can play those old games on the go makes every port to the Switch worth it, because it brings something new to the table.

Zog

Banned
Another old game coming to Switch for full price. Imagine if, in 1991 Super Mario Bros. was announced with extra content (an extra level or two but no graphical upgrade) on the Super Nintendo at full price.

funny as skyrim is my most played game on the switch next to breath of the wild
Says alot about the Switch library as neither of those are exclusives.

Last edited:

Spukc

let's be all honest here as releasing a port on a handheld is a lot more interesting to people then on another console.

Says alot about the Switch library as neither of those are exclusives.

what that skyrim is really a good game when you travel a lot ?

Last edited:

RuhRo

I imagine I'm not the only one who's played this into the ground on other systems.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
let's be all honest here as releasing a port on a handheld is a lot more interesting to people then on another console.

what that skyrim is really a good game when you travel a lot ?
If your most played games is a Wii U port and a 7 year old game ported to everything under the sun, the rest of the Switch library must be worse than those games.

Spukc

If your most played games is a Wii U port and a 7 year old game ported to everything under the sun, the rest of the Switch library must be worse than those games.
not really you might not noticed but both botw and skyrim are pretty big games...
are we ranking games by time played now ?

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
A shame this thread was ruined by petty console wars. By an obvious troll account no less.

Spukc

nah i rather remind you wtf is up with your comment stating other switch games must be worse cause of playtime

Zog

Banned
nah i rather remind you wtf is up with your comment stating other switch games must be worse cause of playtime
I never mentioned playtime. I used your own words which were 'most played'.

Anyway, I have nothing more to say about it.

Zog

Banned
Okay, well, a new class is better than nothing I guess. It will be interesting to see how much has changed since last time I played, which was a couple of years ago.
Is a new class worth another $60? That's some expensive DLC.

Last edited:

Spukc

I never mentioned playtime. I used your own words which were 'most played'.

Anyway, I have nothing more to say about it.

ah ok "most played" is not play time
gotcha

at least own up to it when you decide to start shitposting in a nintendo thread.

fyi i own the game on ps3 pc and ps4 would be happy to buy it again on my little doomed port console

Zog

Banned
Yawn. Yes, that must be what that means. Of course.
Well, I meant for that poster the rest of the Switch library must be worse than the games they played the most. Neither of those games required a $300 console purchase though if you had a Wii U and atleast one other last gen console.

Spukc

Well, I meant for that poster the rest of the Switch library must be worse than the games they played the most. Neither of those games required a $300 console purchase though if you had a Wii U and atleast one other last gen console.
giphy.gif

cryptoadam

Banned
I feel the same. Everyone who wanted these games already played them five years ago. Kinda feels like Steam sales that only have old console games that are five years old or more.

But did they play them portable? Thats the selling point of switch. I agree that sometimes the software is pricey but its still a new machine and most software on the system is generally full priced.

Being old might help it actually. People haven't played the game for 5 years now, so maybe they might be more interested in trying it on the go since its been so long since they last touched it.

Spukc

again it being on a handheld is worth it alone if you travel a lot and want something compact

Top Bottom