• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Switch will be announced tomorrow (tomorrow=yesterday!)

cryptoadam

Banned
Fwiw, Eternal Collection was on sale for $30 a few weeks ago, and that was the fourth time Blizzard had discounted it half off on consoles.

probably bodes well for Switch owners. If its to expensive wait a bit and Blizzard will probably put it on sale at some point.

when most games on Switch are still at full price, why should Blizzard buck the market and leave money on the table. Switch owners are hungry for software so it makes buiness sense for Blizzard.

Ulysses 31

Comes with Ganondorf armor!

71yHqmxHfeL._SL1500_.jpg

Switch owners are hungry for software so it makes buiness sense for Blizzard.

Why do people keep repeating this over and over?

Were the other two consoles owners hungry for software when it was ported to those systems? There is a shit ton of software available on the Switch. I never get this whole “there’s no games” narrative that is constantly being thrown around.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Why do people keep repeating this over and over?

Were the other two consoles owners hungry for software when it was ported to those systems? There is a shit ton of software available on the Switch. I never get this whole “there’s no games” narrative that is constantly being thrown around.

I am not saying there are no games, I am saying that switch owners pay full price for many games. Look at some of the other ports or a game like Octo or Mario Tennis.

The market on switch since its a still a new console is full of full priced games. PS/XBOX have been out for close to 5 years of course they are going to have more discounted games on it.

Why should Blizzard introduce a discounted game to a market full of full priced games? it doesn't make any business sense. If the market rejects the price the game will bomb and be in the half price bin in no time.

Mr Hyde

Playing as Ganondorf is gonna be so much fun. Can´t wait for this release. I hope Blizzard comes out with a date soon.

I am not saying there are no games, I am saying that switch owners pay full price for many games. Look at some of the other ports or a game like Octo or Mario Tennis.

The market on switch since its a still a new console is full of full priced games. PS/XBOX have been out for close to 5 years of course they are going to have more discounted games on it.

Why should Blizzard introduce a discounted game to a market full of full priced games? it doesn't make any business sense. If the market rejects the price the game will bomb and be in the half price bin in no time.

Okay, I follow you. And I agree. I guess it’s sad that I’ve become so accustomed to every Switch thread devolving that I took your comment the other way.

I personally fully expect a game like Diablo 3 to come out at full price on release, just as it did on the X1 and PS4 when it was ported to those. I’d expect it to be discounted at some point (unlike Nintendo titles), but I won’t have a problem buying it (for the 3rd time smh) at full price if I decide to.

I think that Octopath was worth the price, even though it is obviously a title that had a lower budget for production.

I personally feel like any game purchase at all is already a luxury, so I don’t get too caught up on pricing. I just buy a title whenever I am at a point where I will play it - if it is later and the price has dropped I just see it as a bonus.

Last edited:

whyman

Just found out this is releasing on the 21th of December. Was this known? I was under the impression before it would be this fall. : /

thats the only place ive seen a release date, so im not sure how trustworthy it is. everywhere else is saying late fall. hmmmmm. maybe releasing in EU then? and NA in Fall?

could prob make a new thread for it though...

Last edited:

whyman

thats the only place ive seen a release date, so im not sure how trustworthy it is. everywhere else is saying late fall. hmmmmm. maybe releasing in EU then? and NA in Fall?

could prob make a new thread for it though...

The reason I think it might be legit is because the text says they got confirmation of the price today. Probably said date too.

Also Webhallen (together with Gamestop biggest game retailer in Sweden) now has the same date.

https://www.webhallen.com/se/product/290133-Diablo-Eternal-Collection

If anyone wants to start a new thread, feel free to do so. :)

ultrazilla

Gold Member
so Ganon come with Ganon spells or moves.. like riding a giant Ganon Horse? or its just a skin?

I'm pretty sure he has his own move sets and unique spells. At least watching the gameplay it looked like things I hadn't seen before and I have both the PC and PS4(Pro) version
of the game. I'll have to go back and rewatch the gameplay footage but I'm pretty sure he casted some spells and had moves that were indeed new. Anyone else that can
confirm? This looks like an amazing port! Cheers!

Redshirt

Banned
I'm pretty sure he has his own move sets and unique spells. At least watching the gameplay it looked like things I hadn't seen before and I have both the PC and PS4(Pro) version
of the game. I'll have to go back and rewatch the gameplay footage but I'm pretty sure he casted some spells and had moves that were indeed new. Anyone else that can
confirm? This looks like an amazing port! Cheers!

Pretty sure it's just a skin.

dirthead

Banned
I'm still really irritated that PC customers didn't get the option to play this game with a gamepad. I would have preferred to play it that way, but there's no way in fuck I'd re-buy the game.

The Switch is not just a "new console." It's a new experience. I have Diablo III on Steam and PS4 but I haven't touched them in years... yet I'm willing to buy the Switch version as soon as possible so I can play it anywhere at 60fps. If this version was a lazy 30 fps port, I wouldn't be as excited. We'll see if people will pay full price for it.

As for consoles offering discounted games, I couldn't care less if they were sold for $10. The Switch has spoiled me. Portable gaming is the only thing that matters to me moving forward.

Vawn

Banned
Where are you guys going that you are playing portable games so much?

I love using the Switch around the house. But I do the same thing with ps4. Does everyone here ride a train to work for an hour commute every day?

ZeMMiK

At a Dutch retailer I also saw the 21dec release date. (Gamemania.nl) , I got so hyped, So I (re) bought it on Xbox and playing the Necromancher now. Going te replay it again on switch with a WitchDoctor. I already did Monk and Knight. Once a year I pick this up, it is relaxing and nice while you playing podcasts. in the background.

Daymos

I love using the Switch around the house. But I do the same thing with ps4. Does everyone here ride a train to work for an hour commute every day?

For me it's more than just taking the switch out the door. It's the fact that you can be playing on the TV and someone comes in the (living) room and wants to watch a movie or something, thus I just pop the switch out and keep playing with headphones on. Sure I could go play on a bedroom tv but being in the same room as family seems to help us all get along better.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

I can't even recall the last time my Switch left the boundaries of my house. But what I like is I can play it on the porch, play in on the couch, take it to my room, take it downstairs, whatever. And since I have a family, it's nice to be able to play my game when I prefer instead of having to monopolize the TV.

Vawn

Banned
I can't even recall the last time my Switch left the boundaries of my house. But what I like is I can play it on the porch, play in on the couch, take it to my room, take it downstairs, whatever. And since I have a family, it's nice to be able to play my game when I prefer instead of having to monopolize the TV.

My point is I've been doing that with PS4 and Vita since the PS4 launched. I agree it's awesome. I'm just shocked that no one seems to care until the Switch came out.

Though, the lack of four top triggers on the Vita is annoying, but it usually isn't too big of an issue for most games.

I also have a PSTV I got for $20. That basically turns actual Vita games into a Switch. Instead of putting the Vita in a TV dock, you just put the Vita memory card into the PS TV slot and play in TV using the Dual Shock 4.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My point is I've been doing that with PS4 and Vita since the PS4 launched. I agree it's awesome. I'm just shocked that no one seems to care until the Switch came out.

Though, the lack of four top triggers on the Vita is annoying, but it usually isn't too big of an issue for most games.

I also have a PSTV I got for $20. That basically turns actual Vita games into a Switch. Instead of putting the Vita in a TV dock, you just put the Vita memory card into the PS TV slot and play in TV using the Dual Shock 4.
For sure. Don't underestimate the power of Nintendo branding, though. I do love using the Vita for remote play, but it sometimes doesn't perform as smoothly as I'd like (which I'll chalk up to my mediocre router, not the Vita itself).

Do you have a Vita L2/R2 grip? I bought mine awhile ago and haven't removed it since. I played through a run of Blooborne on the Vita after I got the grip and the controls were excellent.

Vawn

Banned
For sure. Don't underestimate the power of Nintendo branding, though. I do love using the Vita for remote play, but it sometimes doesn't perform as smoothly as I'd like (which I'll chalk up to my mediocre router, not the Vita itself).

Do you have a Vita L2/R2 grip? I bought mine awhile ago and haven't removed it since. I played through a run of Blooborne on the Vita after I got the grip and the controls were excellent.

No, I have a grip, but it doesn't have L2/R2 triggers. Many games seem to map those to the front touch screen for some reason.

I may look further into one though

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
No, I have a grip, but it doesn't have L2/R2 triggers. Many games seem to map those to the front touch screen for some reason.

I may look further into one though
Since you can customize the controls for any PS1 game or Remote Play game, it's trivial to set the back touchpad to L2 and R2 if your grip has triggers. There's a little pad of touch-capacitive rubber (or something) that will activate the touchpad therefore simulating a button press. They aren't analog, though, but that's hardly a downside when the alternative is no L2/R2 triggers at all.

This is the grip I purchased for my Vita-Slim.

I’m a consultant, and I travel a lot. My clients are not always located in cities like San Francisco or Chicago where I spend a lot of my time outside the hotel when I’m done for the day (and in some places, by the time I leave the client’s office, damn near everything is closed). So for me, portable gaming is a great way to deal with being stuck in a hotel room (other than reading). Nothing good ever happens from spending too much time in a hotel bar. Lol

My Vita and 3DS used to be my way to keep my sanity, and now the Switch is.

I’ll admit that some people do seem to act like the Switch is the introduction of portable gaming. But, I will also admit that the Switch has brought the best portable gaming that we have had to date, so I can understand the excitement (the last time I was as excited about portable gaming was the Vita).

cryptoadam

Banned
The Switch is not just a "new console." It's a new experience. I have Diablo III on Steam and PS4 but I haven't touched them in years... yet I'm willing to buy the Switch version as soon as possible so I can play it anywhere at 60fps. If this version was a lazy 30 fps port, I wouldn't be as excited. We'll see if people will pay full price for it.

As for consoles offering discounted games, I couldn't care less if they were sold for $10. The Switch has spoiled me. Portable gaming is the only thing that matters to me moving forward.

I only meant new in the sense of the time its been on the market. I would consider PS4/XBOX "new consoles" during the first 18 or so months of their lifetime.

There aren't many "cheap" Switch games. PS4/XBOX have a ton of games that are 2/3/4 years old that you can find in a bargain bin for 10.99. So Blizzard has 0 reason to charge less for their product (especially since they are putting a ton of effort into and making it a really solid port). Blizzard is a business as well and if the market is going to eat up their product at full price then they should follow the market.

I have a feeling Diablo 3 is going to be a pretty big hit on Switch. I think the co-op factor is going to help sell it. having 4 seperate Switches playing the game on their own switch in local co-op is going to be a big thing IMO. It would be cool if they allowed some sort of game sharing function that the 3DS had. I know that they can't just give away the game for free but it would be cool if there was a timed demo or only certain parts of the game could be played between switches where only one person has the game.

Kacho

They really need to drop this ASAP. A dev confirmed on Reddit that mob density won’t be taking a hit so buying this is a no brainer.

I swear if they release this around RDR2 I’m gonna be bitter.

Maxximus

Neo Member
The release date is not 21st December, that is a placeholder. Blizzard said Fall 2018 release and the 21st of December is the last day of Fall.

Top Bottom